2021 Lineup

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

Get The 1975 back in 2021. Who cares if it will have only been 2 years. 

Honestly I would accept that and I think it’d be more readily accepted than FOB

3 hours ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Honestly I would accept that and I think it’d be more readily accepted than FOB

Doesn't take much.

Enquiry, ILIW..., self titled then this new one i think.

Their release cycle is so weird like all the big hitters had already been released. Enquiry is basically all killer no filler so definitely by favourite. the two middle ones are similar.

33 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Blur

Travis Scott

Biffy/Foals

I’m loving your dedication to keeping this thread alive!

Has the Blur prefiction came from anything or is it just in hope? Last year was the first year I didn’t attend the whole weekend in about 5 years, but I’d be all over it if Blur were there!

6 hours ago, Ives562 said:

Is anyone gonna go to loads more gigs /festivals next year to make up for this year or is it just me? 

I’ve got loads of gigs/festivals that have been bumped to next year so I’ve a choice, either have a very cheap year of gig going as it’s all already paid for or spending the same on gig tickets in 2021 as I normally do but go to twice as much. Haha.

7 hours ago, Ives562 said:

Is anyone gonna go to loads more gigs /festivals next year to make up for this year or is it just me? 

Personally no. Many of us have been to multiple gigs and festivals year on year so one year out isn't a big deal.

Money is also difficult with job saturation so while I will attend events and enjoy seeing life music, it's not life defining.

16 hours ago, OnlyRevolutions said:

the new album is fantastic imo, can understand some of the criticism it is getting although the main point i'm seeing is that there is too much filler, The End and Streaming are the only two tracks i would label as filler and every other song on the album is uniquely brilliant in its own way.. would even go as far to say this is the best album i've heard in a VERY long time. Disappointed i won't be seeing them in August like planned because i'm so excited to see these songs live especially Shiny Collarbone and What Should I Say (if they perform them live) so i would be fully on board to have them back again at R&L 

Sorry if I've gone back a few topics, but came on here to see what people thought of the new album due its devided reviews.

Personally, I really like it - I would say you can tell it's been written whilst on tour the last couple years, hence "notes" and the mixeup of genres was confusing at first, more like a mixtape but I'm getting used to that now 

They've said after this tour they'll go on a hiatus, so possibly Glasto 2022 before disappearing 

Even though I do like Notes and get the concept is supposed to be a mashup of ideas, I do hope album no. 5 has a more focused sound/ through line like the last 3, proved that sound could be anything now though

What do others think of it?

Edited by jamieaslee

12 hours ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Blur

Travis Scott

Biffy/Foals

Absolute belter! tbh I'm quite pleased that Foals didn't play Wilderness this summer because that still keeps them in line to be a headliner at Reading, I do feel like they were quite unlucky with there festival bookings this summer especially missing out on Glastonbury and Reading but there now extremely relevant as there a Brit award winning band which turned some heads I'm sure and the last time they headlined a festival in the UK would've been truck in 2019 and there Glastonbury set was broadcasted everywhere. So I think there really likely to co-head next year or even headline outright on the Friday they've got an excellent setlist.

9 hours ago, R Shah said:

The survey that almost definitely means nothing, but also almost definitely contains all of 2021's headliners.

But I think Blur is just such a curveball we cannot ignore it, clutching at straws maybe but we can all hope 😂😂

9 hours ago, Ives562 said:

I’m going to try, but considering I work Fridays and Saturdays it’s hard to find any that I can get too, i mean London is close but it’s still a trek for a Sunday or a weekday night

12 hours ago, Jack.194 said:

I’m loving your dedication to keeping this thread alive!

Thank you, I’m bored so 😂😂

17 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

But I think Blur is just such a curveball we cannot ignore it, clutching at straws maybe but we can all hope 😂😂

I’m going to try, but considering I work Fridays and Saturdays it’s hard to find any that I can get too, i mean London is close but it’s still a trek for a Sunday or a weekday night

Thank you, I’m bored so 😂😂

Ah that's fair mate  have to take some time off as holiday if you find a few you wanna go to

58 minutes ago, Ives562 said:

Ah that's fair mate  have to take some time off as holiday if you find a few you wanna go to

I would but work ain’t letting me have any back, I’m off this weekend and next and they can’t cancel that coz otherwise everyone will have stuff left over at the end of the year. Booked MCR and fest for next year as well so who knows how much I’ll have

2 hours ago, Gerard the Fab said:

I would but work ain’t letting me have any back, I’m off this weekend and next and they can’t cancel that coz otherwise everyone will have stuff left over at the end of the year. Booked MCR and fest for next year as well so who knows how much I’ll have

Ah not to bad then mcr will be awsome in hopeing to do the 1975 in July next year aswell as the festival next year to 

53 minutes ago, Ives562 said:

Ah not to bad then mcr will be awsome in hopeing to do the 1975 in July next year aswell as the festival next year to 

I was going to go to 75 but I think tickets have gone