26 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

So do we think the Thursday announcement will fill out to something like this?

reading-leeds-festival-2018-lineup-stages-576x1024.jpg

Not too sure, they've been so unpredictable in recent years (especially last year) but they usually took 2/3 announcements to get this amount of names at least. I'd like to see it happen though!

1 hour ago, Gucci Piggy said:

I've been told The Wombats are subbing and The Cribs are headlining The Pit on The 1975's day. Cheers.

This is a pretty big jump for The Wombats as they haven't released any new music since last year when they were 4th down I would be expecting at most for them to be 3rd down to be honest

1 hour ago, Gucci Piggy said:

I've been told The Wombats are subbing and The Cribs are headlining The Pit on The 1975's day. Cheers.

this would be huge for the wombats to be fair, i reckon across both sites they are similar size to Courteeners really. Courteeners literally played brixton down south and wombats looked decent at Leeds Arena last night, I reckon its possible but it would be a weak day as 1975 are already a fairly weak headliner (compared to foos/the co)

edit: although so far the acts are quite southern like 1975 post and maybe 21p are definitely bigger down south I would have thought.

Edited by gfa

9 minutes ago, bigcharlie65 said:

This is a pretty big jump for The Wombats as they haven't released any new music since last year when they were 4th down I would be expecting at most for them to be 3rd down to be honest

The Wombats announced Wembley Arena though and sold it out already, they are also doing Sounds of the City which Kylie also is and would be sub level. The Kooks are doing it too plus community last year which TDCC did and many on here would put them as a sub so. Not saying it's true but I'd not be surprised, if you can sell out standing at SSE that quick then it's not much different to when BMTH did that gig and subbed in 15.

Just now, Gucci Piggy said:

Fwiw I didn't mean they're subbing 75. It was just The Cribs who I meant are on that day. I don't know which day The Wombats are doing.

Oh yeah subbing the co would make more sense I guess. 21p and post aren’t really indie too so would probably be for the best

6 minutes ago, gfa said:

this would be huge for the wombats to be fair, i reckon across both sites they are similar size to Courteeners really. Courteeners literally played brixton down south and wombats looked decent at Leeds Arena last night, I reckon its possible but it would be a weak day as 1975 are already a fairly weak headlinet (compared to foos/the co)

The 1975 aren't a weak headliner. I reckon Bastille might actually be lower than sub though given they are subbing NG at IOW/basically 3rd down.

Edited by thewayiam

9 minutes ago, moonage505 said:

People were talking about two door subbing, is that less of a possibility with the wombats in the mix?

They might coheadline The Pit with The Cribs now that the sub space has been taken up.

19 hours ago, thewayiam said:

The Wombats announced Wembley Arena though and sold it out already, they are also doing Sounds of the City which Kylie also is and would be sub level. 

Don’t think Sounds of the City is a indication on sub level, was there last year for shed seven and I would say no more than 5k and that was at capacity.

wonderful venue though.