Resale Club 2019

McCor

I'm always one to look on the brighter side, ever the optimist but for some reason I have some doubts whether I'll be successful in the resales. I've been many times, always taken the kids and extended family, we all love the place for so many reasons but right now I'm kind of thinking I'm not as deserving as others.

8 minutes ago, Cooter said:

I'm always one to look on the brighter side, ever the optimist but for some reason I have some doubts whether I'll be successful in the resales. I've been many times, always taken the kids and extended family, we all love the place for so many reasons but right now I'm kind of thinking I'm not as deserving as others.

Doesn’t come down to deserving or not, will mostly come down to luck on the day!

Youre as entitled to a ticket as anybody is!

How successful have people on here been in the past with resale? Trying to gauge an idea of how likely I am to get tickets (it’s my first time trying to go to Glasto and I will be devestated if I don’t get tickets!)

28 minutes ago, Jack.194 said:

How successful have people on here been in the past with resale? Trying to gauge an idea of how likely I am to get tickets (it’s my first time trying to go to Glasto and I will be devestated if I don’t get tickets!)

Chances of getting ticket seems to have diminished year on year as demand rises. No one knows the true total of how many try for tickets at each sale and so it's impossible to cite the odds of success. The only info I have is based on the experience of our circle. In the general sale last autumn 6 out of 27 got tickets with ca. 21 people trying on the day. In the 2017 resale none of our 6 ?friends were successful. All you & I can do is cross our fingers and hope.

ps...Last time I heard, all those who had tickets were intent on going  BUT a large majority of those who didn't get them are no longer interested and say they won't be trying. We only want 2

• Upvote 1

Other tip, for those with Macs (there might be a a way to replicate this on windows pcs/laptops).

Use the text shortcuts. It's supposed to be used for when you commonly misspell certain words, or want to type in shorthand.

Eg. When I type 'r1' replace it with '[registration number of first mate]
When I type 'p1' replace it with '[postcode of first mate]... etc

Saves vital seconds and nerves when filling in the form. Better than copy & paste.

890992214_Screenshot2019-03-27at08_55_43.thumb.png.a97a1c88cd5d440a43434370b379b870.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Hawros said:

Other tip, for those with Macs (there might be a a way to replicate this on windows pcs/laptops).

Use the text shortcuts. It's supposed to be used for when you commonly misspell certain words, or want to type in shorthand.

Eg. When I type 'r1' replace it with '[registration number of first mate]
When I type 'p1' replace it with '[postcode of first mate]... etc

Saves vital seconds and nerves when filling in the form. Better than copy & paste.

890992214_Screenshot2019-03-27at08_55_43.thumb.png.a97a1c88cd5d440a43434370b379b870.png

good tip .. ive been using this quite a while now 

• Upvote 1

Evening my ticketless pals. How are we all doing then?

Just a thought - if we are all successful (and we will be) we will only have about 8 weeks until we are actually there after resale day. 

Eight weeks to talk about sleeping bags, best canned gin varieties, clashes, weather...

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, tinaw said:

Evening my ticketless pals. How are we all doing then?

Just a thought - if we are all successful (and we will be) we will only have about 8 weeks until we are actually there after resale day. 

Eight weeks to talk about sleeping bags, best canned gin varieties, clashes, weather...

Or 8 weeks to plan how we will escape the country and any footage at all 

I know.

I’ve been saying to people ‘I cannot wait, it’s not long now’ repeatedly.  Ive also bought, in preparation, new socks  

ive started to plan and have developed minute by minute fantasies from arriving on site (about 1pm on Wednesday) though to Monday at about 4-5am when we probably call it a night.  

Anyone else refusing to consider they are not going?

Morning all

Due to circumstances beyond my control I won’t be making it to the farm this year. Pretty gutted to say the very least.

But on the upside if anyone needs any help securing a ticket on the 28th I’m more than happy to help out. Just let me know.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, tinaw said:

Anyone else refusing to consider they are not going?

I don’t know whether it’s better to convince myself I’ll get tickets and then excited myself but possibly have to deal with the crippling disappointment, or convince myself I’m not going to get tickets and then be happily surprised when I do.

Kind of in limbo between the two at the moment!

1 hour ago, andyb66 said:

Morning all

Due to circumstances beyond my control I won’t be making it to the farm this year. Pretty gutted to say the very least.

But on the upside if anyone needs any help securing a ticket on the 28th I’m more than happy to help out. Just let me know.

I'm sorry to hear this! I would love your help if you're happy to offer it!

Currently got all my friends paying the balance and getting quite excited...I'm trying to remain calm but found myself looking at new walking boots the other day.

1 hour ago, andyb66 said:

Morning all

I would love some help , unfortunately I’m running the London marathon on re sale day so I will be limited to phone if that ....!

let me know if you can, I have even thought about not running the marathon but have to much sponsor money now !!!

30 minutes ago, Jack.194 said:

I don’t know whether it’s better to convince myself I’ll get tickets and then excited myself but possibly have to deal with the crippling disappointment, or convince myself I’m not going to get tickets and then be happily surprised when I do.

Kind of in limbo between the two at the moment!

That's about the same as I feel. 

1 hour ago, Jim fitch said:

I would love some help , unfortunately I’m running the London marathon on re sale day so I will be limited to phone if that ....!

let me know if you can, I have even thought about not running the marathon but have to much sponsor money now !!!

If you furnish me with reg numbers and post codes nearer the time I’ll give it a go.

But just bear in mind I’ve tried in 1 sale and 2 resales and my strike rate overall is nil!

I’m nothing if not consistent!

4 minutes ago, andyb66 said:

If you furnish me with reg numbers and post codes nearer the time I’ll give it a go.

But just bear in mind I’ve tried in 1 sale and 2 resales and my strike rate overall is nil!

I’m nothing if not consistent!

That means absolutely nothing ... u are as likely as anyone else to succeed,  as long as you aren't one of the people who give it a couple of f5s and then say this isn't working and give up 

Quickie...6 of us going for the resale (sorry folks!). Do we load £1518 (6 x £253) onto a card, is that enough or do we need an additional handling / postal charge on top of that per ticket or batch of tickets? Don't want to be caught short on anything

Quickie no 2...the CV resale on the same day or in the few days after?

Brilliant, thanks as always

1 minute ago, Peter_Quaife said:

Quickie...6 of us going for the resale (sorry folks!). Do we load £1518 (6 x £253) onto a card, is that enough or do we need an additional handling / postal charge on top of that per ticket or batch of tickets? Don't want to be caught short on anything

Quickie no 2...the CV resale on the same day or in the few days after?

Brilliant, thanks as always

Only 4 tickets per transaction in the resale I’m afraid 

3 hours ago, Jim fitch said:

I'm also doing it this year and need to get tickets in the General Sale as my missus is a Teacher so the coach isn't an option for us.

I'm even thinking about bringing a laptop and heading to a cafe in Blackheath around 9am, putting it in the bag deposit vans and then doing the run! Not the most ideal prep for 26.2 miles but I prioritise glasto over pretty much anything!