Questions for Michael

Crazyfool01

5 minutes ago, glastolover19 said:

Surely it would be the same or a similar system as they use now for registration but instead of then entering your reg code on ticket day you have a set window on "ballot day" in which to enter registration code and be entered into that draw,then if you're drawn you get sent email link to a payment page. I'm not a tech guy so the logistics of implementing a system is not something I know about but I think that's the bare bones of an idea. I do think an alternative system should be looked at and trailed. 

But what’s stopping me from registering 100 different times? And entering over and over again?

5 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

But what’s stopping me from registering 100 different times? And entering over and over again?

thats the ultimate question ... maybe they have an idea ... they do seem to think about what they do ... and change things that dont work ...so lets see 

11 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

thats the ultimate question ... maybe they have an idea ... they do seem to think about what they do ... and change things that dont work ...so lets see 

Perhaps the 500 free tickets for nursing students that they are doing this year could be a starting point. Roll out a similar scheme each year, not necessarily free and probably a larger number of tickets, but to a different sector each time which they apply by ballot. The ballot drawn before the main sale so people losing out can still try.

Policing registrations can be done via their blue light card for example.

Edited by slash's hat

59 minutes ago, glastolover19 said:

So I assume that is what you currently do then?

No I have one registration as I only need one under the current system. However if it was a ballot I can’t pretend I wouldn’t do whatever I could to improve my chances. I reckon almost everyone on here would do the same too.

5 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

No I have one registration as I only need one under the current system. However if it was a ballot I can’t pretend I wouldn’t do whatever I could to improve my chances. I reckon almost everyone on here would do the same too.

of course ... why would you not ?! cant help but think they have found a way to make it possible though .... just like with the superfence 

3 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

That's why I said keep the current registration process the same which eliminates multiple registrations and just change the actual ticket day sale to a ballot day with a window on say 1-2hours on a specific date where you enter you reg number(like now) then instead of going to payment page and buying a ticket you get dropped into hat and randomly picked throughout the day. You would still only be able to enter once the same as now

2 minutes ago, glastolover19 said:

That's why I said keep the current registration process the same which eliminates multiple registrations and just change the actual ticket day sale to a ballot day with a window on say 1-2hours on a specific date where you enter you reg number(like now) then instead of going to payment page and buying a ticket you get dropped into hat and randomly picked throughout the day. You would still only be able to enter once the same as now

how does having the same registration system eliminate multiple registrations ? I already have more than 1 ...not for any underhand reason just haven't deleted one of them ...im confused 

The system is essentially a ballot. But a little better as it's weighted slightly more to people who want it more. 

Every year I email about 12 people twice warning them to be ready etc. Only about 8 actually remember / care enough to send me their details, get up in time or read my advice. 

I fucking hate the idea that one of these gets a ticket but not someone who reads all the tips on forums does everything they can to get ticket day right. Fuck the ballot. Worst idea Glastonbury has ever had. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

how does having the same registration system eliminate multiple registrations ? I already have more than 1 ...not for any underhand reason just haven't deleted one of them ...im confused 

I didn't realize that was possible so I do apologize for that. But the in that case you can't say the current system is perfect then if their is this flaw. I do think perhaps then this is a reason they are considering a new system,I actually thought this when had to update picture this year that perhaps they would be using/bringing in a imagine recognition system

4 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

applying to 1.5 million people who desperately want tickets ... I would love this to be the case ... but im realistic enough to know it won't 

I know it'll never change but it does make me chuckle when everyone bangs on about a fairer system (providing it suits them individually) or how we should all help our fellow man but would still climb over them just for a sniff. I do think that a lot of the ideals the festival was built on has really eroded because of it

So is it being suggested that we could have live music at the Park Stage after hours? Or just the smaller venues up there? If it's just the smaller venues then I cant see it will change much, I remember seeing Subgiant at 2am in the morning at the Bimble Inn which was ace, as well as the stuff they have at Stonebridge and the Crows Nest

It would be crazy to have live music at that stage late at night, everyone would be heading there and it would be another Park Stage secret set nightmare like a few years back with Radiohead and Pulp. It would be carnage. Unless they just have bands lower down the order at that time of night?

33 minutes ago, glastolover19 said:

I didn't realize that was possible so I do apologize for that. But the in that case you can't say the current system is perfect then if their is this flaw. I do think perhaps then this is a reason they are considering a new system,I actually thought this when had to update picture this year that perhaps they would be using/bringing in a imagine recognition system

With the current system, having 2 registrations gives you no advantage at all. Whereas with a ballot multiple registrations is a massive advantage.

“I think [in The Park] there will be a couple of radical switches around and a bit of a re-jig" said EE to nme in 2017 which suggests something bigger than simply allowing live ents on the existing infrastructure up there. Especially when she also said the fallow year would provide enough time to sort it all out. 

7 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

maybe ...as I replied to someone earlier I would like to have pushed this further but didn't feel able to hijack the eve too much ... would most people have 2 unique ip adresses apart from the very techy minded ?

I mean having one laptop and one phone counts as two IP addresses and I think that's well within of the realm of the ordinary person trying for tickets. Obviously, there would be people trying with just the one device but conversely there are people like on here that will have as many IPs as they can physically wrangle to best their odds of getting through to the blessed booking page. I think Keith on here mentioned having something like 15 VMs set up for the coach sale alone.

1 hour ago, danbailey80 said:

The system is essentially a ballot. But a little better as it's weighted slightly more to people who want it more. 

Every year I email about 12 people twice warning them to be ready etc. Only about 8 actually remember / care enough to send me their details, get up in time or read my advice. 

I fucking hate the idea that one of these gets a ticket but not someone who reads all the tips on forums does everything they can to get ticket day right. Fuck the ballot. Worst idea Glastonbury has ever had. 

This is the one, chief. And I'm saying that as someone that missed out on tickets, I did everything in my power to increase my odds but ultimately it was a ballot I lost but was still weighted toward me because of my efforts. The current set up still skews towards the dedicated considering how many people on here have tickets despite the "level playing field" people have talked about so much. Ideas like ballots, preferential groups, etc are usually just from the Glasto-loving people on here who missed out on tickets and are still in the Bargaining phase of grief for missing out on tickets. The current set up is the most fair for everyone - veterans to newbies.

Edited by squareheadz
  • Upvote 1

Here's one for the pot.....

instead of a green bond, Glasto credits.

you take a bag of recycling / rubbish to a collection point and they scan your ticket, you leave the site with a tent and they scan your ticket.

As your ticket is linked to your registration number - the people that are the greenest get access to a pre-sale... 

Also so more tickets to the coach sale - it was hopeless trying to get through for one.

finally, and this will piss some off - drop it down to 2 tickets for coach and 4 for main sale so more people get a chance to get to the booking page (means groups will have to get all their members plugging away instead of carrying a few slackers) 

5 minutes ago, Penrhos said:

you take a bag of recycling / rubbish to a collection point and they scan your ticket, you leave the site with a tent and they scan your ticket.

As your ticket is linked to your registration number - the people that are the greenest get access to a pre-sale... 

Also so more tickets to the coach sale - it was hopeless trying to get through for one.

finally, and this will piss some off - drop it down to 2 tickets for coach and 4 for main sale so more people get a chance to get to the booking page (means groups will have to get all their members plugging away instead of carrying a few slackers) 

What's the reasoning behind fewer tickets per transaction for coaches compared to the general sale?

9 hours ago, Penrhos said:

Such a good idea! Only problem is that it would essentially be a priority scheme advantadging those who were lucky enough to go the previous year. Presumably that’s why the ‘cycled last year’ presale has seemingly been binned off. Great idea in principle though.

9 hours ago, Penrhos said:

Yes yes yes. Apart from the logistics of piling on more SEE drivers who don’t know where they’re going, I don’t know why they don’t already have like 50% of the tickets in the coach sale. It’s such good value I would never dream of getting there any other way. Well it is from Birmingham anyway.