Thrill Collins for the Pyramid Stage

marathonsteve

20 hours ago, marathonsteve said:

When

Little side story for you,I actually met Phil Collins once in Switzerland around 1999/2000 I was 14/15. I say met more bumped into him shopping but seemed a nice bloke happy to chat but seems the sorta guy who probably gets fed up of it after a bit(understandable) but yeah nice bloke signed my shirt,luckily for me my mum used to play some of his tapes in the car when I was younger so knew enough to not look like a total pleb(I hope but I was 14/15 so probably was)

12 hours ago, gmb1992 said:

He didn't look well on Jonathon Ross (i think) a while back, would be great to see him though! 

Would he be in the legend spot? 

i'd say so. he's definitely not headliner material, and he fits legend pretty well. possibly 4th down the Pyramid like Burt Bacharach?

Isn't he a well-known Tory though? although plenty have played over the years, Bryan Ferry immediately springs to mind, not least loads that probably keep their politics to themselves.

he certainly has the hits for a cracking 1hr set:

Another Day In Paradise

Easy Lover

You Can't Hurry Love

One More Night

Two Hearts

Against All Odds

Something Happened On The Way To Heaven

Sussudio

Groovy Kind Of Love

In The Air Tonight

......I have no opinion on Thrill Collins.

Edited by ghostdancer1