Pyramid Sub/ Other Headliner 2019

Reckon Queens would ever headline the other stage again or are they holding out for a Pyramid slot? been 7 years since they played, 2 whole albums?

I mean i reckon they are deserving of a Pyramid slot just grasping at staws because I want to see them haha

Edited by Xeph1995

Post Malone pissing me off atm. Had managed to not hear about him for a while and was well happy. Then last night someone I work with sent me a Snapchat of her flat singing Post Malone at pre's and I messaged my group chat annoyed about it. Then 20 mins later a song I was listening to through my headphones finished and I could hear Post Malone playing over the speakers at uni, was like ffs. Then this morning my mate put in the group chat that he'd just walked past a group room at uni and a group of girls were sat in there watching Post Malone. I replied saying Jesus Christ it's the Post Malone revolution can't wait for him to headline Glasto next year. Then a couple of hours later someone I used to go college with posted an Instagram story of her friend reacting to Post Malone announcing a tour. He's back haunting my life and now I'm scared he's gonna turn up and ruin Glastonbury, too.

Four anecdotes for the price of one. Cheers.

51 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Post Malone as a Pyramid sub? Was thinking he'll probably headline Wireless but he's played the last two years and I can't see any recent examples of them having a headliner who appeared the previous year. Just announced a big ass arena tour.

Can't stand him like, but you know.

Every year there's one hip hop and/or dance headliner on the Other aimed at da yoof (BBK, Dedmau5, Rudimental, Skrillex).

Could this be yer man for next year? Stick him up against The Cure for the kids to enjoy.

Edited by Hugh Jass

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

Every year there's one hip hop and/or dance headliner on the Other aimed at da yoof (BBK, Dedmau5, Rudimental, Skrillex).

Could this be yer man for next year? Stick him up against The Cure for the kids to enjoy.

Hmm doesn't really feel like an Other headliner to me. Got Jamie xx down to fill that role.

4 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Jamie xx would be pretty weak. Not sure even a new album would line up an Other headliner slot for him anymore - thought it would've been out by now.

Hmm I guess, but is he any smaller than Rudimental or Deadmau5 were when they did it? I guess they could just have Disclosure back or something if they really want something youth-skewing and don't see him as big enough.

Just now, Gucci Piggy said:

Hmm I guess, but is he any smaller than Rudimental or Deadmau5 were when they did it? I guess they could just have Disclosure back or something if they really want something youth-skewing and don't see him as big enough.

Well, yeah. Rudimental headlined Parklife the year they headlined the Other,  while Jamie xx headlined a smaller stage at Parklife this year I think. Deadmau5 was headlining some big fests at his peak too so I would say he was bigger too.

I kinda think they'll stick to having something youth-skewing on the Other for Friday night, as I feel pretty used to that now. Silk City or, as you say, Disclosure fit that for me. Would say Chems against The Cure and The Streets against whoever else at the moment.

5 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Well, yeah. Rudimental headlined Parklife the year they headlined the Other,  while Jamie xx headlined a smaller stage at Parklife this year I think. Deadmau5 was headlining some big fests at his peak too so I would say he was bigger too.

I kinda think they'll stick to having something youth-skewing on the Other for Friday night, as I feel pretty used to that now. Silk City or, as you say, Disclosure fit that for me. Would say Chems against The Cure and The Streets against whoever else at the moment.

Even if the Friday Pyramid headliner is the most youth-skewing one, which feels pretty likely right now? Surely who they're up against is more important than which specific day they're on?

Just now, Gucci Piggy said:

Even if the Friday Pyramid headliner is the most youth-skewing one, which feels pretty likely right now? Surely who they're up against is more important than which specific day they're on?

Yeah. Just feels like the norm after Skrillex>Rudimental>Disclosure>Major Lazer. The other ones feel a bit more fluid but they had Deadmau5/Kanye and BBK/Sheeran clashes not so long ago so I don't think that's the priority.

FWIW I think the Pyramid will be a rock band on Friday, Macca or another oldie or a pop act on Saturday and The Cure on Sunday, which I think would suit the Other headliners I listed.

On 10/3/2018 at 10:49 AM, mufcok said:

Not seen much, if any, mention of the Chemical Brothers yet which I find surprising. Coming up to 4 years and new material, they're due again. Can see them being all over 2020 though 

Saw them on Saturday and they were incredible, would love them to play next year

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Reasonable contender for WH I'd say.  Not sure they'd muster much of a crowd on the Other.

Agreed.  I'm also thinking that John Hopkins could be a shout for a headline slot at WH.  He smashed The Park stage a few years back and I don't think he's been back since (not live anyway)

1 hour ago, djdavejohnson said:

In line with a dance-leaning headliner for Other, The Prodigy?

Haven't played a non-headline slot at a UK festival for a while now, wouldn't be surprised if they're headline or nothing at the moment (not saying they could headline, but I wouldn't be surprised if they'd rather headline smaller festivals instead).