Pyramid Sub/ Other Headliner 2019

Just now, kalifire said:

I don’t see why the Chems would headline Other again without a new album. I’m aware who their manager is, but their last album was out around the same time they headlined last time so without any fresh reason to be there, I’d say they’re a possible contender at best. 

Pretty sure they've all but officially announced that a new album will be out next year.

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

that will have been 2 years ago.

He's headlined some big shows since then, as his solo career took off properly*.

(* on the back of him being from oasis, not because he's good :P )

Subbed Skepta this year then. Maybe he’s more Boy Better Know than Beatles? :P

But nah I think the guy just enjoys playing again more than anything, and if they have different plans for his slot then he’ll cede to them. Genuinely doesn’t seem like a dude who’s fussy about where he plays.

Can we not predict Liam Gallagher to sub Macca without it being some kind of "Macca picking his sub" or "Liam only wanting to play before his idol"?

Like, the three subs I've currently got predicted are Stormzy, Liam Gallagher and Lana Del Rey. If I stick em below the most suitable headliners I get Liam Gallagher before Macca. Though I am considering swapping LDR out if she's headlining Latitude, which could mean Liam Gallagher shifts over to The Cure's day depending on who I replace her with.

2 minutes ago, jyoung said:

Interesting. Is that a prediction on your part or a rumour floating round?

Neil added Lana Del Rey, Snow Patrol and George Ezra as (R) for Latitude the other day. But another poster has now posted in the Latitude thread that The Strokes are headlining, so who knows what's correct.

Edited by Gucci Piggy

1 minute ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Neil added Lana Del Rey, Snow Patrol and George Ezra as (R) for Latitude the other day. But another poster has now posted in the Latitude thread that The Strokes are headlining, so who knows what's correct.

Thanks for the heads up. Weird mix, that. 

5 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

I'd say it's very very unlikely that more than one of the three I've listed is wrong, and that there's a strong chance that all three will be right.

I've no info either way about the strokes.

15 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Can we not predict Liam Gallagher to sub Macca without it being some kind of "Macca picking his sub" or "Liam only wanting to play before his idol"?

Macca wouldn’t pick Liam as his sub and Liam’s idol isn’t Macca so I guess so.

But yeah it’s fine to predict them, it’s just the notion that they’re so perfect for one another that they’re essentially a package nailed on to happen is contentious.

Edited by dentalplan

20 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Macca wouldn’t pick Liam as his sub and Liam’s idol isn’t Macca so I guess so.

But yeah it’s fine to predict them, it’s just the notion that they’re so perfect for one another that they’re essentially a package nailed on to happen is contentious.

Yeah I know, that's my point though. People seem to be disputing the idea of Liam subbing Macca because they seem to be assuming people are predicting it for one of the above reasons, when I'm sure a lot of us aren't predicting it for that reason.

But I didn't realise your post on the last page was a response to someone calling it a stick on, so fairs on that one. I agree it's no more likely than many other top two pairings.

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

his ego would welcome subbing to Macca.

I'm not sure it would to sub other acts.

he has subbed for plenty of acts over the last year, among them 30 Seconds To Mars, Kraftwerk, Massive Attack and Justice.

to say that he might not sub any other acts than McCartney, who he has never particularly cared for anyway, is silly.

and the idea that it's Liam Gallagher and his ego making these decisions and not his manager/tour manager/agency basically telling him where and when he'll play his laughable.

there is zero chance he'd turn down a Pyramid sub under any of the realistic potential headliners.