Boomtown 2019: Chapter 11

vintagelaureate

On 6/7/2019 at 8:57 AM, Tommy101 said:

Can someone make a new 'It's Happening' ME gif with Nicolas Boom's face please?

Thought I'd wait until it was actually "happening" before I posted this... but I didn't forget ;)

IT'S HAPPENING! All packed and ready :D

itshappeningNB2.gif

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

i reckon there might be some stages shut-down at points over the weekend with how the weather forecast is looking at the moment. It's happened before at Boomtown, and as far as i can remember the forecast then wasn't as a severe as now.

The year the closed a few of the stages, they had hurricane strength winds. The forecast isn’t that bad this year.

4 minutes ago, mr flow said:

The year the closed a few of the stages, they had hurricane strength winds. The forecast isn’t that bad this year.

They weren't 'hurrricane' strength winds that year unless Boomtown was running in 1987? :P 

Gales, same as this year. They've just shut down a whole festival because of winds only slightly weaker than currently forecast for boomtown. 

Edited by eFestivals

18 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

They weren't 'hurrricane' strength winds that year unless Boomtown was running in 1987? :P 

Gales, same as this year. They've just shut down a whole festival because of winds only slightly weaker than currently forecast for boomtown. 

In fairness, boardmasters is on a cliff!

Its odd really as Metcheck are still predicting not especially bad weather, light rain all night Thursday, then showers all day Friday, and a bit of wind Saturday. Watching the BBC news this morning you'd have thought armageddon was coming, and now Boardmasters getting cancelled!

oh well, lets just see how we go ey!

16 hours ago, jump said:

I will throw my guess as one of the rappers on the smaller stage...Blackalicious maybe.

16 hours ago, mr flow said:

Yeah I reckon it's more like to be someone on Pocoloco, and they've got some sort of a collab between two artists to cover it.

Credit where it's due!

11 hours ago, Sku said:

Thought I'd wait until it was actually "happening" before I posted this... but I didn't forget ;)

IT'S HAPPENING! All packed and ready :D

itshappeningNB2.gif

That's nothing short of brilliant.