Boomtown 2019: Chapter 11

vintagelaureate

Map questions…

I’m looking at camping at Paradise Heights as it seems to be half way up ‘the hill’. So everything should be easily accessible.

Are there bars in the campsites?

Also toilets?

Is there vegan food around the festival other than at Whistlers Green?

Are there flat areas to Paradise Heights?

Cheers

Only the "premium" ones I think.

Also toilets?

Yes.
> Is there vegan food around the festival other than at Whistlers Green?

Oh yes. Bits and bobs all over - hoping for even more with the veggie/environmental push too.

Yeah, relatively anyway. It's all on a very very slight hill. There is a particularly steep section that is a bit ridic, but for the most part it's fine.

Sound

1 hour ago, cky_stew said:

Only the "premium" ones I think.

Also toilets?

Yes.
> Is there vegan food around the festival other than at Whistlers Green?

Oh yes. Bits and bobs all over - hoping for even more with the veggie/environmental push too.

Yeah, relatively anyway. It's all on a very very slight hill. There is a particularly steep section that is a bit ridic, but for the most part it's fine.

Sounds good. So if I wanted a pint after my supply has ran out. The. Nearest bar would be just through the woods to Tangled Roots?

10 hours ago, payneruk said:

Are there flat areas to Paradise Heights?.

The map is lying it's bollocks off. That road/path heading out from the bowl is at pretty much the same height as the bowl, and as you hjead along it paradise heights camping slopes at first steeply then smoothly up to the top of the hill. If you want proper flat expect to camp towards the back of it. Flat camping is a premium commodity, have a plan for that at having only about 2/3" of ground to put pegs in before you hit chalk. This will make things... more pleasurable.

2740@2x.png?apikey=3e8acaf16b3f4e36a80a1

Strong recommend for a morning wander to Tangled Roots with your bedtime earplugs in and go stand right at the front, that'll wake you up nicely.

Edited by frostypaw

21 hours ago, payneruk said:

Sound

Sounds good. So if I wanted a pint after my supply has ran out. The. Nearest bar would be just through the woods to Tangled Roots?

On the subject of supplies running out....what are the  booze restrictions again? Aside from "not sufficient" obviously

Edited by Sasperella

1 hour ago, Sasperella said:

On the subject of supplies running out....what are the  booze restrictions again? Aside from "not sufficient" obviously

It's 16 cans of beer or cider, which will be fine for me on the first day but then I've got nothing to drink for the rest of the weekend.

• Upvote 1

On 7/4/2019 at 4:56 PM, Wellyboot said:

Now Glast is over and I've almost stopped crying about missing it

I am ready to get proper excited now ?

So if anyone has any recommendations I should check out before we go / see when am there I'd be dead grateful! Send um my way! I love owt I can dance to ?

Thursday is the day with the least stuff on. Nevertheless there are some gems. Make sure you go to Dr Peacock for some serious bass.

• Upvote 1

On 7/5/2019 at 5:21 PM, payneruk said:

Sound

I can't remember if there is a bar on that stage or not - but you wouldn't have to go much further to hit up paradise heights that has at least 1 bar.

Disclaimer: going off memory - I missed last year!

Unfortunately it's looking like I'm not able to go this year so I'm selling 2 Thursday entry tickets for £165 each and I'm throwing in Camp Skylark bring-your-own tent camping access (for 2 people) free of charge. They're posted officially on Scarlet Mist but get in touch if you're interested.

Neil, if it's not cool to post this on here let me know and I'll remove it.

On ‎7‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 12:39 PM, Wellyboot said:

Thank you I'll be sure to check out Dr Peacock! ? 

Anything else I should be listening to or see when am there recommendations are very welcome!

Thanks again 

Amelie Lens on Sunday should be good if you like techno. Kenny Dope, Horse Meat Disco and Mella Dee if you are more into a house /  disco vibe.

Check out DJ Yoda too for a mash up of allsorts

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

4 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Amelie Lens on Sunday should be good if you like techno. Kenny Dope, Horse Meat Disco and Mella Dee if you are more into a house /  disco vibe.

Check out DJ Yoda too for a mash up of allsorts

Thanks very much I'll make sure I check um out ?

Starting to get dead excited now! 31 days to go!!

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Unfortunately it's looking like I'm not able to go this year so I'm selling 2 Thursday entry tickets for £165 each and I'm throwing in Camp Skylark bring-your-own tent camping access (for 2 people) free of charge. They're posted officially on Scarlet Mist but get in touch if you're interested.

Neil, if it's not cool to post this on here let me know and I'll remove it.

Aaah that's a shame! Hope you got your festival-fill at Glastonbury ?

42 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Shouldnt someone who lives near Winchester offer to put a jam jar, an avocado and a stick in their garden round about now to check rainfall a la @deebeedoobee? How am I supposed to know what footwear to bring otherwise??

Have you been before? Wont need wellies.

I coped pretty well.in just trainers last year and it battered down on the Sunday

8 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

I coped pretty well.in just trainers last year and it battered down on the Sunday

Yeh, I was there last year, and it made me consider not bringing wellies this year.... But isn't it in the same place as Glade used to be (or am I getting confused?). If so, that definitely got muddy ?

EDIT: Just checked online and it seems in 2009 (the year I went) it was indeed in Matterley bowl. I remember it raining a lot. But I guess it will be obvious in the run up if it's going to be like that.

I still miss the jam jar updates though

Edited by Sasperella

8 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

it can get feckin' muddy at the bowl, even tho it does drain pretty well.

If there's enough rainfall you get a literal river running around the bottom of the bowl (I've seen it).

Edited by eFestivals

9 hours ago, Sasperella said:

Shouldnt someone who lives near Winchester offer to put a jam jar, an avocado and a stick in their garden round about now to check rainfall a la @deebeedoobee? How am I supposed to know what footwear to bring otherwise??

Unfortunately Matterley bowl is outside the Pilton force field so anything could happen.

8 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

it can get feckin' muddy at the bowl, even tho it does drain pretty well.

If there's enough rainfall you get a literal river running around the bottom of the bowl (I've seen it).

Yep second that. Been to nearly every BT and when it’s a wet year you need boots. I’ve survived in DMs because I hate wellies.  it gets really muddy uptown and collects water downtown. The good thing about this area is that it is on chalk so doesn’t hang around long. Soaks in quick so as long as we keep this dry spell we will be reet when the festival is on.

13 hours ago, Sasperella said:

4 hours ago, deebeedoobee said:

Unfortunately Matterley bowl is outside the Pilton force field so anything could happen.

I live 16 miles away, is that any good? 

19 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Yes ? Well volunteered.... Avocado obviously optional!

Right I shall attempt to give it a go! I can't promise daily updates, but maybe a couple of times a week! 

Not a fan of the avocado myself, I might branch out into other vegetable or fruit items. i'll see what I can find! :)

• Like 2