Boomtown 2019: Chapter 11

vintagelaureate

2 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

So, if they got rid of Sector 6 presumably there's a new dnb heavy stage? I thought they were going to announce it today. Have I missed it?

The district Chase & Status are playing hasn't been announced yet so it will probably be there.

1 hour ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

State of some of the comments on social media. Paraphrasing: "Not enough D&B and bassline" or the "lineup's too varied". I swear that some would just have Hype and Hazard play on every stage at the same time.

It's crazy isn't it. D&B fans just seem to think Boomtown is just for them, which makes it even more amusing when you look at the original Boomtown line ups, which had next to no D&B. I think it's great the way Boomtown is getting more varied and interesting with each line up.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

State of some of the comments on social media. Paraphrasing: "Not enough D&B and bassline" or the "lineup's too varied". I swear that some would just have Hype and Hazard play on every stage at the same time.

1 hour ago, mr flow said:

It's crazy isn't it. D&B fans just seem to think Boomtown is just for them, which makes it even more amusing when you look at the original Boomtown line ups, which had next to no D&B. I think it's great the way Boomtown is getting more varied and interesting with each line up.

I used to 100% be one of these people. I'm pleased to say we seem to mellow with age :lol:

I get the feeling some of the crowd who started coming in the last 3 years spent the whole weekend at Sector 6, and thought that was the whole festival. 

The new Area 404 which replaces Sector 6 has a big new DnB/jungle stage, as announced today. And there is an even bigger DnB stage going downtown, yet to be announced. So there is still plenty of DnB, perhaps more. Some people just don't realise there was more to Boomtown than Sector 6.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Sku said:

I get the feeling some of the crowd who started coming in the last 3 years spent the whole weekend at Sector 6, and thought that was the whole festival

Ummmm I wonder how the move will effect camping. I was with Oxfam last year and so many people who arrived on Wednesday were desperate to move their tents to sector 6 camping come Thursday morning. If the big dnb stage is moving then it might be all change in that regard. Plus now all the campsites are open from Wednesday anyway, maybe Paradise Heights camping won't be the best option anymore. 

On 3/2/2019 at 3:03 PM, Sasperella said:

Hooray! Good call - See you there!

That's alright - after the efests meet-up you'll be grand :) I only went with one friend last year, but had a blast, at least partially facilitated by boozing and dancing with some efesters. And I didn't even find the proper efests meet up!! Ooops :lol:

I had no idea there was an efests meet-up.

i am a lone traveller and it would give loads of you the perfect opportunity to kick my face off.

do sent details sae enclosed

18 minutes ago, Neon said:

I had no idea there was an efests meet-up.

i am a lone traveller and it would give loads of you the perfect opportunity to kick my face off.

do sent details sae enclosed

I'm not sure what "kick your face off" means, but it doesn't sound very EFestivals to me :lol:

Someone normally posts the details up on here nearer the time. It was in the Bad Apple cider bar on the Thursday last year I believe?  At least, I think that's what it's called, but as I said, I only found the mini-version 

2 hours ago, Sasperella said:

I'm not sure what "kick your face off" means, but it doesn't sound very EFestivals to me :lol:

Someone normally posts the details up on here nearer the time. It was in the Bad Apple cider bar on the Thursday last year I believe?  At least, I think that's what it's called, but as I said, I only found the mini-version 

Thanks for that.

I am pleased that you are unaware of my “face off “ comment it means i am much  more likely to keep mine ?

assuming you are atypical  ?

Edited by Neon