Bearded Theory 2019

Gnomicide

It'll be my first time at BT this year.

Can someone tell me if all the stages are in their own arenas and you need to go through gates when entering each one (for crowd control) rather than at Glastonbury when once you have entered the site you are free to roam as you please?

I've read somewhere that some stages/arenas have a capacity limit so you may not be able to get in and see acts you want to watch.

1 hour ago, Johnnyseven said:

Can someone tell me if all the stages are in their own arenas and you need to go through gates when entering each one (for crowd control) rather than at Glastonbury when once you have entered the site you are free to roam as you please?

I've read somewhere that some stages/arenas have a capacity limit so you may not be able to get in and see acts you want to watch.

There aren't formal arena's as such, but the Woodland stage is accessed only by a narrow pathway through the woods, and it surrounded by trees (really, magical area btw) so in practise there is a finite capacity. I've never experienced problems getting in other than a minor queue but I think it does become an issue for headliners. So if you're going to see SLF then maybe settle on the Skids as well so you are already in.

Maui Waui and Convoy are tents, so have a capacity in that sense, but they are not usually a problem,.There's always room round the back for the main stage. 

1 hour ago, Johnnyseven said:

15 minutes ago, sparkythetortoise said:

There aren't formal arena's as such, but the Woodland stage is accessed only by a narrow pathway through the woods, and it surrounded by trees (really, magical area btw) so in practise there is a finite capacity. I've never experienced problems getting in other than a minor queue but I think it does become an issue for headliners. So if you're going to see SLF then maybe settle on the Skids as well so you are already in.

Maui Waui and Convoy are tents, so have a capacity in that sense, but they are not usually a problem,.There's always room round the back for the main stage. 

The only time last year the Woodland was closed off, as far as I know, was for the Bar-steward Sons of Val Doonican early Sunday. afternoon!

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Cannot edit my post above for some reason so here is the updated version!!

Got my running order email and have updated the clashfinder but I cannot work out how to delete things so have not done the showcase - the delete option is greyed out.

clashfinder.com/s/beardedtheory2019

I will guess this lot are Thursdays bands probably split between Maui Waui, Convoy Caberet and The Woodland:

Faithless DJ Set
Dr & the Medics

The Bar Stool Preachers
Beans on Toast

Green Man Rising
The In-Here Brothers

Thanks Dude, love the clashfinder - meant to be doing some training late at work, but found myself on here, now the clashfinder. ace

Although i have to hope its not accurate, as Dreadzone and Smiley clash and Imperial L and Doves clash - flip sake

Edited by Perks

39 minutes ago, Perks said:

Thanks Dude, love the clashfinder - meant to be doing some training late at work, but found myself on here, now the clashfinder. ace

Although i have to hope its not accurate, as Dreadzone and Smiley clash and Imperial L and Doves clash - flip sake

I used last years timings but there are different numbers of bands on each day so I did a lot of guessing. I hope for no clashes but fear for lots.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Paul ™ said:

It's not.

It is a good rough guide, but previous years have been out by some margins, best buy a programme when you get there :)

Yeah always get a programme. Get tent  set up and have read of it. The little pull out guide of timings is ace too

3 hours ago, Nobody Interesting said:

I used last years timings but there are different numbers of bands on each day so I did a lot of guessing. I hope for no clashes but fear for lots.

Yeah it’s good to look at, but I need some to be totally out. Nice work though dude, cheers

57 minutes ago, tjamest said:

Do they print enough of them now? I'm sure when i was there a couple of years ago they ran out very early on

Apparently that was a one off thing, in 2017 they messed up the numbers - missed a zero off by mistake or something like that.

On 3/28/2019 at 8:24 AM, Nobody Interesting said:

Got my running order email and have updated the clashfinder but I cannot work out how to delete things so have not done the showcase - the delete option is greyed out.

As I've previously produced what turned out to be very approximate Clashfinder's I thought I'd nip into yours to take a look at this. If you want to update the Showcase, then you could just click on one of your TBA boxes and overwrite TBA with a band name and then drag it to the right time. If you prefer to wipe them all out then click on the relevant act box, and then click on the Act - tab at the top of the screen. Although it looks like it is greyed out, it will delete. I had a go on your clashfinder and did do both (I thought it was a bit out of order to make the changes to someone else's chart so didn't save) so it should work

Hope that's of help to you

37 minutes ago, sparkythetortoise said:

As I've previously produced what turned out to be very approximate Clashfinder's I thought I'd nip into yours to take a look at this. If you want to update the Showcase, then you could just click on one of your TBA boxes and overwrite TBA with a band name and then drag it to the right time. If you prefer to wipe them all out then click on the relevant act box, and then click on the Act - tab at the top of the screen. Although it looks like it is greyed out, it will delete. I had a go on your clashfinder and did do both (I thought it was a bit out of order to make the changes to someone else's chart so didn't save) so it should work

Hope that's of help to you

Thanks - you are most welcome to make changes if you want to though. I will look sometime when I have a bit of spare time ?

40 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Thanks - you are most welcome to make changes if you want to though. I will look sometime when I have a bit of spare time ?

I've added the acts and got rid of the excess TBAs, but I don't know what a sensible timespan for this stage would be - I sort of assumed there would be more acts, so perhaps they are to come. I didn't go last year so don't have a program to guide me. Do you fancy shuffling them along a bit, as you feel is appropriate?

Edited by sparkythetortoise

38 minutes ago, sparkythetortoise said:

I've added the acts and got rid of the excess TBAs, but I don't know what a sensible timespan for this stage would be - I sort of assumed there would be more acts, so perhaps they are to come. I didn't go last year so don't have a program to guide me. Do you fancy shuffling them along a bit, as you feel is appropriate?

I will do. There were lots more last year on the showcase as I copied the slots from last years clash finder. Hopefully they will all get longer sets this year.

Thanks for helping ?

12 hours ago, sparkythetortoise said:

I have fiddled with rather random guesses on the Showcase. It is probably very wrong.

3 hours ago, Nobody Interesting said:

I have fiddled with rather random guesses on the Showcase. It is probably very wrong.

Very wrong is what I do best 

A couple of years ago I did a full Clashfinder based on the previous year's times. A couple of weeks before the festival someone nipped in and moved things about in what looked like a very strange way. Indignant, I wiped all his changes out, only to find when I got the festival and bought a program that he was correct down to the last detail and obviously had inside knowledge. I sent him a note apologising profusely but, understandably, he opted not to reply.

Edited by sparkythetortoise

3 hours ago, sparkythetortoise said:

Very wrong is what I do best 

A couple of years ago I did a full Clashfinder based on the previous year's times. A couple of weeks before the festival someone nipped in and moved things about in what looked like a very strange way. Indignant, I wiped all his changes out, only to find when I got the festival and bought a program that he was correct down to the last detail and obviously had inside knowledge. I sent him a note apologising profusely but, understandably, he opted not to reply.

I hope said lovely person fancies updating my effort ha ha

It gives us all a rough idea and we all know what happens to plans at festivals anyway.

2 hours ago, Nobody Interesting said:

It gives us all a rough idea and we all know what happens to plans at festivals anyway.

I looked up the Academy of M&S and its essentially a School of Rock operation, so I'm thinking the venue hands over to them for the first few hours, when they put on a whole bunch of youthful acts watching by proud parents, and then the up and coming bands kick in around mid afternoon. Would make more sense of the number of acts announced, but who knows? Have adjusted accordingly and tweaked a few end times. As you say, it all goes out the window when you get there, but what else are idle hands to do?

19 hours ago, sparkythetortoise said:

I didn't know what you meant by that initially, and then I thought...blimey, it's on next month, isn't it? Good shout

Ha, yeah sorry, just got excited as its next month..

I still need to get a tent, mine has given up the ghost, bought some boots the other day, in preparation for the rain....so hopefully that will be a waste of a purchase :)