The Glastonbury 2019 fancy dress threads

Crazyfool01

On 5/2/2019 at 9:06 PM, crazyfool1 said:

So here is my 4000th Efest post ...and my fancy dress is ready for the year .... for those going enjoy the build up ... and resalers good luck with comps etc ... you will see me on the farm .CF x

Out of upvotes today. That is bloody marvellous! I'll post mine when done!

12 minutes ago, Glitterandcider said:

I’ve been working on my hat but I can’t decide if it’s finished or need some something else added. Any suggestions welcomed 

I would say it is .... but then I keep adding .... and adding .... to another hat poster I suggested your  name ... or some words like Glastonbury 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/16/2019 at 7:31 PM, crazyfool1 said:

started work on the shoes today ... can anyone recommend some environmentally friendly glitter ? saw it posted elsewhere but cant find it now 

Just search biodegradable glitter on amazon. The paint glow stuff is good. Just check the item description, some of them aren’t biodegradable 

2 minutes ago, Old_Johno said:

Just search biodegradable glitter on amazon. The paint glow stuff is good. Just check the item description, some of them aren’t biodegradable 

yep thats just what I did in the end cheers  .... photos to follow when the glitter laces ive ordered arrive :) 

• 2 weeks later...

New stuff still being sewed. Probably about another week or so to go depending on how much dithering I do.  I finished that hat last night, but then decided the jacket needs more. 

Then I need to audit my older stuff and decide what not to take. 

I’m lucky as I take a van and park onsite and therefore am not limited by size, qty or weight of stuff. 

2 minutes ago, ian the worm said:

New stuff still being sewed. Probably about another week or so to go depending on how much dithering I do.  I finished that hat last night, but then decided the jacket needs more. 

Then I need to audit my older stuff and decide what not to take. 

I’m lucky as I take a van and park onsite and therefore am not limited by size, qty or weight of stuff. 

thats definitely going to be my issue this year ... first year for a second trip to the car .... didn't you say you weren't doing anything for this year at one point ? :) ....

2 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

thats definitely going to be my issue this year ... first year for a second trip to the car .... didn't you say you weren't doing anything for this year at one point ? :) ....

Yes but I must have changed my mind. 

Mainly coz I cut the sleeves and legs off the the last one due to the heat and although it’s still fine, it does look a bit tatty now and is not so suitable for a cold / wet one. 

1 minute ago, ian the worm said:

Yes but I must have changed my mind. 

Mainly coz I cut the sleeves and legs off the the last one due to the heat and although it’s still fine, it does look a bit tatty now and is not so suitable for a cold / wet one. 

dont forget to post the photos :) 

• 2 weeks later...

So I'm going as Miley Cyrus from the wrecking ball video. I'm torn though as to how to do the wrecking ball. Am thinking of just using a black yoga ball, then gorilla taping a chain to it, hopefully it should hold.

Will a yoga ball be too heavy or should I just spray paint a giant beach ball? Is there a better way of joining the chain too it?

I'm going by coach too so will need to deflate it then re-inflate it at the festival. Will this be easy enough to do, and will the chain and tape stay in place during the deflating/re-inflating? 

6 minutes ago, kingbadger said:

So I'm going as Miley Cyrus from the wrecking ball video. I'm torn though as to how to do the wrecking ball. Am thinking of just using a black yoga ball, then gorilla taping a chain to it, hopefully it should hold.

Will a yoga ball be too heavy or should I just spray paint a giant beach ball? Is there a better way of joining the chain too it?

I'm going by coach too so will need to deflate it then re-inflate it at the festival. Will this be easy enough to do, and will the chain and tape stay in place during the deflating/re-inflating? 

you could go to the pyramid field and see if there are any of those metallica beachballs lying about great to recycle them bit of duct tape and a paper chain( love the farm leave no trace :) )  ... the rest of the outfit not an issue as there really isn't much too it :) lets hope for a warm one though :)