No re-entry in transmt

Chrisukman

I find it shocking, that people are not allowed re-entry to this festival once your out you cannot go back in this effects local buisness, they have to close because of this, people dont get paid and cannot afford to pay rent and bills. I was going to go this year but will never go unless they change the policy I want everyone to bycot this festival as its a selfish management that is purely for self financial interest . GIVE SOMETHING BACK.... 

• Downvote 3

3 hours ago, Chrisukman said:

I find it shocking, that people are not allowed re-entry to this festival once your out you cannot go back in this effects local buisness, they have to close because of this, people dont get paid and cannot afford to pay rent and bills. I was going to go this year but will never go unless they change the policy I want everyone to bycot this festival as its a selfish management that is purely for self financial interest . GIVE SOMETHING BACK.... 

When you exaggerate, you weaken your point...

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Chrisukman said:

I'm sure TRNSMT are devastated and are reviewing the policy as we speak.

• Upvote 2

So all the shops that were open all weekend (i never noticed any closed that are not normally closed or just shut-down) and got a lot of extra customers between 111am and around 4~5pm with the passing trade will also be devastated.

Can you name me any large event/festival that is similar to TRNSMT that allows pass-outs, and any shops that closed, just to back up your argument ?

ta, D

14 hours ago, Chrisukman said:

I find it shocking, that people are not allowed re-entry to this festival once your out you cannot go back in

I find it pretty standard.

I find it shocking that you don't.  I've not been to a single day festival, gig or event in years that allows re-entry.

Unless there's a medical reason to do so, why would you want to re-enter anyway?

3 hours ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

As others have said, it’s stabdard practice to not allow pass-outs. 

Plus, there’s no way they can check all pass-outs and re-entries without creating larger queues. 

While your latter point is true, the real reason for not allowing it is to maximise their profits and keep their stallholders happy by maximising their profits.

Which can be slightly annoying but is understandable at least. They're not a charity.

Abroad they do allow passouts e.g. Primavera Sound.

Slam Dunk always let you come and go as much as you please, not sure if thats still the case as haven't been for a while. 

Victorious festival does the same.

I think places like Reading, Download etc, if you have weekend ticket you can leave and re-entry but day tickets you can't yeah? Probably just a bit of confusion on OP part.

as much as it is standard practise, I do find the fact that its entirely driven by captive market profiteering to be pretty annoying.

Obviously, the original poster's point isn't particularly well made - but I'd like to live in a slightly 'fairer' world where after paying in excess of 60 odd quid to be somwhere for the day, you're not then effectively forced into buying that vastly overpriced food and drink that's on offer.

It would be more palatable if it wasn't 5 quid for a can of shit lager / cider.

1 hour ago, man next door said:

as much as it is standard practise, I do find the fact that its entirely driven by captive market profiteering to be pretty annoying.

Obviously, the original poster's point isn't particularly well made - but I'd like to live in a slightly 'fairer' world where after paying in excess of 60 odd quid to be somwhere for the day, you're not then effectively forced into buying that vastly overpriced food and drink that's on offer.

It would be more palatable if it wasn't 5 quid for a can of shit lager / cider.

Honestly I find the cinema is worse for rip off prices than festivals are. £3 for a small bag of sweets, £6 popcorn, £5 coke etc, at least festivals are more inline with a London pub.

On 7/2/2018 at 10:09 AM, MinionDave said:

So all the shops that were open all weekend (i never noticed any closed that are not normally closed or just shut-down) and got a lot of extra customers between 111am and around 4~5pm with the passing trade will also be devastated.

Can you name me any large event/festival that is similar to TRNSMT that allows pass-outs, and any shops that closed, just to back up your argument ?

ta, D

Good points well made. We always get some decent grub and a few beers in the City before strolling out along the Clyde and then do the same after.

Would imagine the local trade picks up a fair coin from the people Trnsmt brings in.

weather set fair for this weekend:-)

On 7/2/2018 at 6:37 PM, luckysalt said:

Slam Dunk always let you come and go as much as you please, not sure if thats still the case as haven't been for a while. 

Victorious festival does the same.

I think places like Reading, Download etc, if you have weekend ticket you can leave and re-entry but day tickets you can't yeah? Probably just a bit of confusion on OP part.

In these cases I assume the only reason they allow this is because of the camping situation. Other than Glasto I can't think of any camping fests that don't allow reentry (assuming you've bought a camping ticket and not a day pass)