Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2019

Gnomicide

13 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

True. But the fact they're being booked to headline - above Blossoms who have their own stadium gig next summer - means someone thinks they're bigger than JP level.

I couldn't see them being booked any higher than John Peel headliner or, more appropriately, third down Other Stage or something. They're one of those bands that sell out arenas but too far past it to really claim a big spot at Glastonbury. Like I'm pretty sure Kaiser Chiefs have been doing arenas on-and-off for years and their last slots were JP headline and about halfway down the Other.

6 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

Did JJ make that poster? 

Not enough Bastille.

5 hours ago, UEF said:

Manic Street Preachers (and, er, Bon Jovi) playing the UK the week before Glastonbury

3F257078-F1E1-481A-A824-8842DD8CB8A7.jpeg

There’s an ominous gap between these dates and their next one in Germany on 3rd July. That said, if they’re still playing the likes of Wembley Stadium I can’t see them playing anything but top of the bill, and hopefully that won’t happen.

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

I don't think the Manics have anything interesting left to say at Glastonbury. They've already abandoned their new album in favour of cashing in on yet another 20th anniversary tour.

That tour's in May of 2019, calm down ;)

4 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

KISS are doing a UK arena tour in early July...

Not a chance of them playing due to fee/placing issues but an hour of Gene and the lads on the Pyramid would be all kinds of fun.

Depends on their setlist, tbh. If you came in via the casual route of Crazy, Crazy Nights like me, then mostly prepare to be disappointed (though they did dig it out on their 2017 run. I had tix for the Manchester show that was understandably shelved in late May).

5 minutes ago, DownboundTrain52 said:

Depends on their setlist, tbh. If you came in via the casual route of Crazy, Crazy Nights like me, then mostly prepare to be disappointed (though they did dig it out on their 2017 run. I had tix for the Manchester show that was understandably shelved in late May).

Doing the hits in the ZZ Top slot from a couple years back would be brilliant. But by all accounts they ask for an absolute shit tonne of cash and wouldn't accept anything below headliner.

56 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I don't think the Manics have anything interesting left to say at Glastonbury. They've already abandoned their new album in favour of cashing in on yet another 20th anniversary tour.

Milking the name , how many anniversary tours can a band have. Went from a band that were interesting and at least meant something to supporting bon Jovi