Football 18/19

ThomThomDrum

54 minutes ago, kaosmark2 said:

Delle Alli's done 3 of those at SJP. Plus stamped on someone's ankle, and screamed in the ref's face while on a yellow.

That twat aside, I can't think of anyone else who should have been sent off in the Prem. Notts County made a ridiculous robbery at SJP in the Championship with a dodgy pen, not having 2 players sent off who should have, and us having had a player sent off who shouldn't, but that wasn't the Prem.

Sorry, I put at SJP but it's home and away i think.

6 hours ago, jyoung said:

Mike Dean 100% said something hasn't he...

Looks like Poch says "What did you say" and "Repeat it to the camera"...

My weans are not long home from Burnley. They were down on a school trip. We went to the beach once when I was at school :-)

They had a great time and had seats right next to the tunnel. Good game plus they missed Ayr getting beat !

3 minutes ago, Comfy Bean said:

My weans are not long home from Burnley. They were down on a school trip. We went to the beach once when I was at school :-)

They had a great time and had seats right next to the tunnel. Good game plus they missed Ayr getting beat !

What’s this I hear that the Scottish league cup could be coming back to its natural home, North Wales!

1 minute ago, pink_triangle said:

What’s this I hear that the Scottish league cup could be coming back to its natural home, North Wales!

It’s not “the” league cup but your on the right lines :-)

Total farce. The Irish team had to pull out when one of the games was called off just before kick off due to bad weather. They then couldn’t find time for a re-arranged fixture ?

its a cup up here for teams outwith the top flight. Being very kind, you could say that they were trying to make it more interesting/attractive by inviting Irish and Welsh teams in.

Great result at the rugby by the way. Didn’t see the Scotland game but see we got gubbed.

3 minutes ago, Comfy Bean said:

It’s not “the” league cup but your on the right lines :-)

Total farce. The Irish team had to pull out when one of the games was called off just before kick off due to bad weather. They then couldn’t find time for a re-arranged fixture ?

its a cup up here for teams outwith the top flight. Being very kind, you could say that they were trying to make it more interesting/attractive by inviting Irish and Welsh teams in.

Great result at the rugby by the way. Didn’t see the Scotland game but see we got gubbed.

It seems a strange idea to me, has adding the Welsh, English and Irish teams added anything to the competition? With respect I struggle to see how the teams invited would have much attraction to those fans north of the border. Did the English teams take it seriously? If Wrexham had qualified I would have worried about prioritising it, just for the additional games involved.

Great result and now awaiting our annual household day of tension when Wales and Scotland compete. You keep your non top flight trophy and we will have the rugby, seems fair deal to me.

13 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

It seems a strange idea to me, has adding the Welsh, English and Irish teams added anything to the competition? With respect I struggle to see how the teams invited would have much attraction to those fans north of the border. Did the English teams take it seriously? If Wrexham had qualified I would have worried about prioritising it, just for the additional games involved.

Great result and now awaiting our annual household day of tension when Wales and Scotland compete. You keep your non top flight trophy and we will have the rugby, seems fair deal to me.

Nah I think it backfired, assumed it was sponsors trying to inject some interest. Nobody cares about it. I’ve been to 2 finals, good day out but we lost both.

Deal on the rugby :-)

Just now, pink_triangle said:

Leicester must be an impossible job. I think that title win will loom over any future manager.

Dressing room doesn't seem right either. It seems if you fall out with Vardy your finished.

So much to unpack!

A draw away at old Trafford is fine as a result but Liverpool should have really won given Utds injuries. But I still think city will drop points so Liverpool are still in it.

Kepa should be sacked immediately. That was ridiculous.

Arsenal are going to sneak in at 4th aren't they:-o

2 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

Chelsea have always had issues with player power. I think they should just go back to being a pragmatic team that nobody really likes. Maybe Simeone will be free in the summer.

While I'm not going to condone what Kepa did. I would be interesting to know what discussions were had before the game about the potential to be swap.

Simeone just signed a 3 year contract extension at athletico!