Lineup 2020

randlfan

9 minutes ago, Ichacu said:

the strokes would be a shout, some guy said that AHJ said in an interview they wouldn't come to the UK in 2020 but no ones linked it so idk

My friend said this let me ask for a link

2 minutes ago, Rhysob99 said:

The 1975, Bastille and TDCC have headlined the R1 Stage when they were a similar size to CATB so I personally do think it would be feasible

They weren't headlining literally all other festivals when they played it? Catfish have been doing massive outdoor shows since like Community in 2017. Bastille this year was quite surprising to be fair so maybe - they would be awesome in the tent too so i would be down.

4 minutes ago, Ichacu said:

nearly all my mates love the strokes and were 17, maybe I'm just not the demographic idk

Me and one other both have them as our favourite band - nobody else cares even about like Reptilia and Last Nite really. Would make a lot of people happy seemed like their APE day was an older crowd but probably due to the time of year and price point. £80 is a ton for one day especially with the support being like Interpol etc (who are great but really the wrong demographic for R&L)

For small acts would like to see Last Dinosaurs, Vistas on the main stage/R1 midday, Jungle Giants, Gang of Youths, Ocean Alley. Coast Modern would also be cool and Ignant Benches this weird Strokes/Arctics crossover i found yesterday on r/strokes

Just now, Rhysob99 said:

I think you're rating them too highly tbh. if CATB are a "massive sub" then they'd have a case to headline but CATB are far from headline worthy imo 

Tbh I don't even like them but they're undeniably huge. They headlined TRNSMT last year and have done two pretty big arena tours since. There was once talk of them co-headlining, but I think "very strong sub with massive crowd" is where they sit right now.

2 minutes ago, wro_lap said:

Tbh I don't even like them but they're undeniably huge. They headlined TRNSMT last year and have done two pretty big arena tours since. There was once talk of them co-headlining, but I think "very strong sub with massive crowd" is where they sit right now.

Don’t think they’ll play for a year or two. Too big for R1 or maybe even sub but not quite a HL