Lineup 2020

randlfan

9 minutes ago, dum surfer said:

catfish have massive appeal to R&L audience and if their new album is as massive as the other two FR would be silly not to book them plus they haven't played in years now

and if stormzy's second album does great again FR would be mad not to book him and his probably relatively cheap, he'd sell well at reading with a strong sub or in a co-headline that makes sense. overall it'd be 2 cheap headliners that would sell and suit the demographic 

I'm not saying they don't suit the demographic/wouldn't be sensible bookings. I just don't think they'll want to have two headliners that played TRNSMT the year before. Think they'd maybe choose Travis Scott instead of Stormzy, or Liam Gallagher instead of Catfish or something similar. Would look pretty stale if they booked them both.

7 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I don’t see why this would happen. They’ve already peaked, surely?

I'm not really expecting it either, was just saying i think that'd be more likely than them being booked as a regular sub again. Don't think they'll be there next year, anyway.

7 minutes ago, Steve1000 said:

:o

There was 7 years between those two festivals. Irrelevant to the point I'm making.

Tbf seeing the reaction to TRNSMT might have them reconsidering taking both those headliners anyway.

We know they want Drake, I think he’s more likely than Stormzy. I think Foals/Catfish would be a good coheadline for indie fans I guess - argument that they wouldn’t accept but neither will receive better offers, right? And then someone to fill the established rock band quota; I’d go for Green Day.

7 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Tbf seeing the reaction to TRNSMT might have them reconsidering taking both those headliners anyway.

We know they want Drake, I think he’s more likely than Stormzy. I think Foals/Catfish would be a good coheadline for indie fans I guess - argument that they wouldn’t accept but neither will receive better offers, right? And then someone to fill the established rock band quota; I’d go for Green Day.

that is true tbf, the reaction has been very negative so it would make sense for FR to want to try and avoid that

I am hopeful for green day as I've had them on my previous predictions that'd be a great booking

I think drake would be a good choice, or maybe the weeknd as someone else predicted previously if they cant get drake 

Edited by dum surfer

I'm sticking with Catfish, Travis Scott/BMTH and Green Day for now.

Melvin has given Travis Scott a lot of high praise in the past, didn't he go to both Reading and Leeds last year to see him play twice? Seems inevitable that he'll be given the headline slot after his next album, very possible that will be out before Summer 2020. Edit: also think Travis would be a lot cheaper/easier to make a deal with than Drake.

BMTH coheadlining would make a lot of sense too, would be similar to the rise and eventual headline slots of Biffy and Foals.

Edited by SomeoneListeningIn

1 hour ago, frontsidecab said:

Been working on these little postcard line-ups as it's way to hard to predict stages top to bottom this far out. Was fun coming up with completely unique combinations, though some of these will be wayyy off.

RLPostcard1.png

RLPostcard2.png

RLPostcard3.png

RLPostcard4.png

the AM, Travis X BMTH and Biffy one would be an absolute dream lineup 

8 hours ago, frontsidecab said:

Been working on these little postcard line-ups as it's way to hard to predict stages top to bottom this far out. Was fun coming up with completely unique combinations, though some of these will be wayyy off.

RLPostcard4.png

this paramore one is nothing like R&L really, those radio 1 headliners are horrific if this became 2020 or something remotely similar i would be shocked.

24 minutes ago, frontsidecab said:

Hahaha, I was definitely clutching at straws by that last one. Couldn’t see Cudi, Skrillex or MGMT at all personally. 

It was more just the completely lack of indie/rock on the first two days. Also i doubt they'd have skillrex against drake

3 minutes ago, TKOCF said:

After 2016, didn’t DA say that they’d never come back to R&L because they’d been treated so poorly?

They did, but seeing as theyre doing Download under Festival Republic, all may be forgiven. 

Also @gfa, couldn’t agree more, just exhausted the indie pool on my first three. Not sure what rock acts could play those slots now adays?

Edited by frontsidecab
  • Upvote 1

On 2/22/2019 at 8:47 AM, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Do you think R&L would share 2 of TRNSMT's headliners from this year?

Not sure about Major Lazer subbing either, it's been ages since R&L have repeated a main stage sub, they seem to try and avoid doing it for whatever reason. Thought Bastille were going to sub again this year but they're R1 headliners instead. Think Major Lazer would more likely coheadline if they're there.

Major Lazer has announced they are splitting up anyway so it definitely won't be them. Can't really think of any electronic act big enough to sub the main stage at the moment. Flume is probably still too small, I guess maybe Marshmello?

2 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

Major Lazer has announced they are splitting up anyway so it definitely won't be them. Can't really think of any electronic act big enough to sub the main stage at the moment. Flume is probably still too small, I guess maybe Marshmello?

I don't see why they need one to be honest. Creamfields is really strong this year though so could make sense as it will inevitably be very weak in comparison next year so they could take some of the market. With SW4 having Martin Garrix and The Prodigy its a good year to be an EDM fan I guess, shame we have not many exciting acts on tour ? Prodigy would work really well as an electronic sub, any other option would have to be quite radio friendly really or maybe Pendulum under a cohead.

1 hour ago, dum surfer said:

Screenshot 2019-02-24 at 18.25.49.png

Nice poster. That’d be a great lineup. Green Day are a good shout. Just a couple of things; While She Sleeps are way too high on the R1 stage. If they played I think it’d be Main Stage anyway. I also think that Vampire Weekend would sub the Main Stage. Nice to see Don Broco subbing.