Lineup 2020

randlfan

27 minutes ago, metallimuse said:

I saw Rage last time they played so unless there’s a strong undercard and the headliners are Eminem/LG/Rage then I doubt I’ll go.

Completely respect Rage headlining and it’s a great booking but money’s tight this year so I’d skip out seeing as I’ve seen them and my missus probs wouldn’t be that arsed for them.

In the minority but I’m holding out for a 1st time headline set for BMTH to get my cash. 
Or Gorillaz as never seen them.

As I said before, I would love to see Gorillaz headline, I have seen them once before and they were incredible. But how do we feel they would go down with the current R/L audience? And what size crowd would they get?

3 minutes ago, lukecork said:

Isn't he busy leading a cult on an Island somewhere? that's the last I saw

The guy is an absolute loon, such a shame, as This is War is a cracking album, 30STM genuinely have some great songs. Can't see them ever appearing at R+L/Download ever again to be honest. I think they'll break up sooner rather than later, probably for the best.

Would Jared Leto even accept a slot less than a headline as well?

1 minute ago, Pottsy2913 said:

The guy is an absolute loon, such a shame, as This is War is a cracking album, 30STM genuinely have some great songs. Can't see them ever appearing at R+L/Download ever again to be honest. I think they'll break up sooner rather than later, probably for the best.

Would Jared Leto even accept a slot less than a headline as well?

A beautiful lie album in full would be insane.

24 minutes ago, ModBoy said:

As I said before, I would love to see Gorillaz headline, I have seen them once before and they were incredible. But how do we feel they would go down with the current R/L audience? And what size crowd would they get?

No idea, I think they’d do ok though.

Reading and Leeds is hardly Parklife or something aimed overtly at the student/young crowd. Still a good mix I feel so I’m sure they’d be fine.

They’re undeniable headliners in their own right in my opinion.

41 minutes ago, ModBoy said:

Saw Gorillaz in Lollapalooza Paris 2018. Easily the best band I’ve seen live, would love them to headline but personally I don’t see it. 

14 minutes ago, metallimuse said:

Reading and Leeds is hardly Parklife or something aimed overtly at the student/young crowd. Still a good mix I feel so I’m sure they’d be fine.

Gorillaz are brilliant live, but they rely quite heavily on the featured acts to play with them to bring the set alive imo. For example, when I saw them Vince Stapes and De La Soul performed with them, so it might depend on the availability of more than just Damon.

Having said that, Slowthai and Slaves playing Leeds is quite likely, so the new single would be great live.

Edited by jamieaslee

2 minutes ago, jamieaslee said:

Gorillaz are brilliant live, but they rely quite heavily on the featured acts to play with them to bring the set alive imo. For example, when I saw them Vince Stapes and De La Soul performed with them, so it might depend on the availability of more than just Damon.

That’s true, when I saw them they brought out Little Sims and finished with Noel Gallagher and Jehnny Beth.

Edited by SCWEN0

21 minutes ago, metallimuse said:

I think they would go down an absolute smash. 

In a similar vein to Eminem. When Eminem released his Eminem show, Gorrilaz was also absolutly smashing it across kids childhoods with 19-2000, Clint Eastwood etc.

Most of the people that saw Eminem in 2017 were there because of the childhood memories, and it is that same demographic that loved Gorillaz at the same time.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, The_Ledgerwood said:

Do we think there are any clues in here? Odd wording. "In The Dark" = BMTH? 

"biblical" - Biffy & Liam 

Anything else? 

IMG_20200207_153724.jpg

if biffy isn’t there i’ll be supremely surprised, but “keeping you in the dark” is a very common saying i wouldn’t look too far into it

although i wouldn’t be at all surprised if BMTH is there at the point 

13 minutes ago, ModBoy said:

Glad to see that the general opinion seems the same as mine on Gorillaz, that they would smash it!

Was going to reply to your original post earlier, but yeah, I think they'd be a great booking. Can't see them doing it unfortunately, but I'd love to be proven wrong, one of my all time favourite bands, and would jump at the chance to see them live. I also think they would go down well.

Sure Damon said not too long ago that the last show they performed might be the last thing they'll do for a while in terms of live performances. Can see them putting on their own Demon Dayz festival again instead in the future to be honest (probably in Milton Keynes, as that place seems to be the rage these days!).

The thought of 'El Manana' blasting out from the Main Stage while drinking some beer in the boiling sun in Yorkshire is a pleasant one though!

Edited by Pottsy2913