Lineup 2020

randlfan

13 hours ago, Chad888 said:

Been told Liam Gallagher is co-headlining. He isn't outright.

F knows who with though or if he is first or last.

They haven't revealed anything else but he completely messed it up revealing it when he did and they've gone in to damage control so kept shtum on the other names until (expected) the big reveal on R1 Jan Slam give away end of the month (so this week reveal).

massive disrespect to Liam if he co-headlines, understandable if it’s a reactionary decision. 

36 minutes ago, LG X said:

massive disrespect to Liam if he co-headlines, understandable if it’s a reactionary decision. 

Not really, no one thought he was big enough to headline before he was announced. A co-head is still a step up from where he was

7 minutes ago, jumperofftheshelf said:

How come Liam’s not big enough though? He’s done and sold out Finsbury Park, Old Trafford, subbed at Glasto, is doing Heaton Park ... granted not the strongest headliner but surely big enough?

Yeah but he's also doing Latitude which is a third of the size of Reading, which just makes it look even weaker when it's shared.

1 hour ago, Benj said:

Not really, no one thought he was big enough to headline before he was announced. A co-head is still a step up from where he was

‘where he was’, yes.... at the time he had one solo album out and a sold out tour. Since then he sold out finsbury, sold out old trafford had another number 1 record, sold out an even bigger tour and shifted 65k tickets on one day for heaton park. I think he’s certainly capable of headlining. 

Edited by LG X

2 minutes ago, Chad888 said:

Imagine a cheap and uninspiring booking like LG is so that they can splurge a load of money on some classic acts.

Metallica // Liam Gallagher + BMTH // Kids See Ghosts

Or even

RHCP // Liam Gallagher + Blink 182 // Drake + Gorrilaz

the second one would be unreal 

24 minutes ago, Jericode said:

Yeah but he's also doing Latitude which is a third of the size of Reading, which just makes it look even weaker when it's shared.

The Killers headlined Latitude the other year, are they a weak headliner?

Liam is 100% worthy of headlining after all he’s accomplished these past few years and if you can’t objectively see that regardless of your personal opinion then there’s something wrong.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Jericode said:

I'm not arguing doing Latitude makes you weaker, I'm saying Reading booking the same headliner as a festival a third of their size makes it look a weaker booking for them.

Hmmm...I can see that perspective actually but not with the choice of booking. Liam is a strong headliner and will shift tickets. 

If they were sharing Chemical Brothers I’d agree it was a weak booking.

35 minutes ago, metallimuse said:

Hmmm...I can see that perspective actually but not with the choice of booking. Liam is a strong headliner and will shift tickets. 

If they were sharing Chemical Brothers I’d agree it was a weak booking.

Great booking though :) 

1 hour ago, Chad888 said:

Imagine a cheap and uninspiring booking like LG is so that they can splurge a load of money on some classic acts.

Metallica // Liam Gallagher + BMTH // Kids See Ghosts

Or even

RHCP // Liam Gallagher + Blink 182 // Drake + Gorrilaz

That second one just wouldn't happen, it would sell out with RHCP, Liam G and Drake easily and even just them would cost a fortune, RHCP and Drake cannot be cheap.