Latitude 2018

funky squaredance

3 hours ago, BlueDaze said:

i reckon this is the shout... NOS Alive and Mad Cool on Thursday/Friday then Latitude Sunday...

They are pushing the new album on the telly FFS, and having The Killers would have bumped the attendance up.

They wont have a massive act there... it is still only a sunday 4pm slot.

Snow Patrol do seem likely. Is it definitely Sunday 4pm? First I’d heard of a time, but I suppose as soon as stage times go out we’d know anyway

21 minutes ago, evannn said:

Snow Patrol do seem likely. Is it definitely Sunday 4pm? First I’d heard of a time, but I suppose as soon as stage times go out we’d know anyway

I I’m not sure... I just seem to recollect...

my wife just told me I am wrong though... apparently Two Door Cinema Club played Saturday last year...

what do I know..? I’m an old bloke.!

13 minutes ago, Hawky said:

LG? 

Latitude? 

Have you been before? ?

LG and Latitude go together about as well as Filet Mignon and Chardonnay. (That's a Latitude joke that sums up the place, if you've never been)

Yes I have been before, I am merely reporting what I have seen elsewhere.

3 minutes ago, suttttttt said:

Playing in Spain on Friday with nothing on for the rest of the weekend. Fingers crossed.

No

I think if it was snow patrol, they'd use the word * (Edit) PREVIOUS HEADLINER instead, much like TDCC last year.

Edited by Hawky

3 hours ago, Hawky said:

LG? 

Latitude? 

Have you been before? ?

LG and Latitude go together about as well as Filet Mignon and Chardonnay. (That's a Latitude joke that sums up the place, if you've never been)

Quoi? I think it’s a good shout. He’s everywhere this year, even popped up at Radio 2’s Big Weekend event in Coventry which must have large crossover with this.

More reasonable than MBV anyway, as I am sure they won’t publicise a special secret set and then spring deafness on unsuspecting punters hoping for someone they’ve heard of instead.

18 hours ago, Cat Man said:

I hope not. Gary Lightbody seems like a really nice bloke but there's something about Snow Patrol that just leaves me numb. Chasing Cars has got to be the biggest chunk of Indie anti-matter greyness ever written.

So I'm standing here, arms outstreched, waiting for the deathblow... ?x

I love love the new album, but then I love indie dirge so who am I to comment :-)

1 hour ago, Funkyfairy! said:

I love love the new album, but then I love indie dirge so who am I to comment :-)

I wouldn’t presume to comment on the new album because I haven’t heard it. Should probably clarify that I have no issue with snow patrol generally- I just have an irrational long-standing hatred of that one particular song!

6 hours ago, Smeble said:

Have to admit they have passed me by, however after 5 min on YouTube they have just been added to my list.

Be warned they do have a reputation for being a bit hit and miss live. When they’re on they are ON it, but when they’re not they’re REALLY not. Guess you could at that of all bands though. I’ve got a hunch they’re gonna tear it up in the tent