Corbyn appearing on Pyramid!

slipmatt

6 hours ago, babyblade41 said:

Hope you will be giving up your bed to help those in need especially whilst you are in Glastonbury 

Stock right wing reply.

Its almost as if they dont think its the states responsibility to ensure tower blocks full of citizens don't burn down, then if one does burn down, house all those affected.

This really shouldn't be hard but something our right wing overloads haven't managed to achieve because profits are more important.

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Buttonhead said:

Its almost as if they dont think its the states responsibility to ensure tower blocks full of citizens don't burn down, then if one does burn down, house all those affected.

The market will sort it.

Of course they will do their best to keep costs down, then once the bill comes in and it's got a hundred bodies on it then it's the regulation's fault for not forcing them to do the minimum required to keep people safe.

Then it'll be back to championing the bonfire of regulations that was (now rather tastelessly) promised to be one of the big boons of Brexit - get rid of all that pesky red tape, god knows why we need all this Health and Safety nonsense. What's this? Several reports that say this kind of cladding is bad, and that tower blocks need better fire control systems? Inconvenient, sit on it - no point doing more, as the housing bills showed the tories will block-vote against them and indeed any more regulations while everyone else can vote the other way and the tories will just ignore that utterly. Democracy is the system that allows you to ignore half the population as long as it's just under half right? 

Then someone complains about bringing politics into it - IT'S ALL POLITICS.

4 hours ago, Teddington said:

The "toxic country"?  Really?   Honestly?  Compared to what?

What the fuck has Grenfell got to do with Jeremy Corbyn or your political views? 

Jo Cox's death was a tragic murder.  That is true.

Calling someone a "cockroach".  Not very nice is it?  Not very "peace and love", not really the language that Jo Cox would use?

And as for keeping mouths shut?  I cannot think of anything worse for democracy than that.  Maybe you would feel more at home in China?

As for JC  attending Glasto.  He will get cheers, though the vast majority of the sheep who do, will have no idea about the validity of his policies or otherwise.

In the same way that disaffected people voted Brexit to "lash out" at the Establishment, without really understanding what they were voted for, so peopole voted Corbyn.

Get a grip bro.

Cockroaches, like much of the animal kingdom, act out of narrow self interest. The right are indeed akin to cockroaches.

We as human beings have evolved beyond that. We can and do perform acts of altruism and compassion because we understand that such actions advance our common humanity , our mutual interests are served well by co-operative behaviour.

The Nature of Compassion....

The popular vote in this last election was 40% Labour and 42.5% Conservative. We live in a divided nation.

The Conservatives in league with the DUP is an untenable situation with regards to our government.

We need a coalition of the opposition.

Only just looked at this thread properly and seen that he's introducing RTJ. Be interesting to see how much of the crowd pours out after he's finished his bit as I imagine there are far more Corbyn fans attending than RTJ, who seem quite oddly placed that high up the lineup.

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Only just looked at this thread properly and seen that he's introducing RTJ. Be interesting to see how much of the crowd pours out after he's finished his bit as I imagine there are far more Corbyn fans attending than RTJ, who seem quite oddly placed that high up the lineup.

Will a politician speaking make that much of a difference? Dunno if it ever has really, Pyramid demographic is a completely different thing to a lot of the festival in my experience. The appearance at Leftfield could be something though, in terms of the crowd outside :D

2 minutes ago, GlastoSimon said:

Will a politician speaking make that much of a difference? Dunno if it ever has really, Pyramid demographic is a completely different thing to a lot of the festival in my experience. The appearance at Leftfield could be something though, in terms of the crowd outside :D

You'd be surprised - people have a weird obsession with him. Fucking 'Corbyn' t shirts and The like. Reckon loads of people will turn up to see him on the Pyramid and then go elsewhere afterwards. 

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Corbyn: "I'm sure you're all looking forward to the band.  Some people have called them Bonkers Paper Gay"

"This time last year my own party were trying to sack me, but now here I stand. I've always lived by that old adage 'always stay gracious, best revenge is your bonkers paper gay'"

9 hours ago, bamber said:

Get a grip bro.

Cockroaches, like much of the animal kingdom, act out of narrow self interest. The right are indeed akin to cockroaches.

We as human beings have evolved beyond that. We can and do perform acts of altruism and compassion because we understand that such actions advance our common humanity , our mutual interests are served well by co-operative behaviour.

The Nature of Compassion....

?  Really?  ALL people who vote Conservative are "cockroaches"?

Would you like to reconsider your retarded statement?

It's like debating with pond life.....

14 hours ago, Teddington said:

As for JC  attending Glasto.  He will get cheers, though the vast majority of the sheep who do, will have no idea about the validity of his policies or otherwise.

In the same way that disaffected people voted Brexit to "lash out" at the Establishment, without really understanding what they were voted for, so peopole voted Corbyn.

People like this are amazing, how they seem to have the ability to to read everybodys minds is beyond me, youll find there are PLENTY of people switched on enough to know what corbyn is about mate at glastonbury and anywhere else for that matter at the moment,  also use of the term `sheep` automatically qualifys you as an idiot. Generic term to refer to any group of people following a cause you yourself dont support but neither do you have the wit to argue on topic so hence, they must be sheep` that must be it, `they dont understand what their doing their just sheep`.....whatever makes you feel better eh?

44 minutes ago, Teddington said:

?  Really?  ALL people who vote Conservative are "cockroaches"?

Would you like to reconsider your retarded statement?

It's like debating with pond life.....

Trading insults is not a debate.

Suggest you both raise your game if you want to be heard. Else just sit back and enjoy your trenches.

1 minute ago, Ommadawn said:

No, but Corbyn is - hence my comment. :lol:

corbyn isnt the one sitting down to sell arms to those who supply isis mate nor is he the one cosying up to the dup. this has been and done many times do you really want to be made to look foolish some more? 

Edited by waterfalls212434

2 minutes ago, waterfalls212434 said:

corbyn isnt the one sitting down to sell arms to those who supply isis mate nor is he the one cosying up to the dup. this has been and done many times do you really want to be made to look foolish some more? 

And how many of them have appeared at Glastonbury?

Idiot.

Edited by Ommadawn