Queens of the Stone Age

JSmurphy

13 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

On the one hand, it would suck if QOTSA have dropped out yet again, but on the other, I’d be missing them anyway and very annoyed about it so them possibly not playing anymore would remove that annoyance.

Didn't really consider them dropping out as an option but it could well be the case. This creates a further dilemma of no Sunday other headliner in addition to no Friday mid sub. 

Pulp taking the Friday sub would soften this possible blow soemwhat.

1 minute ago, T-Mouse said:

Didn't really consider them dropping out as an option but it could well be the case. This creates a further dilemma of no Sunday other headliner in addition to no Friday mid sub. 

Pulp taking the Friday sub would soften this possible blow soemwhat.

I’m almost certain Royal Blood are gonna be AM’s sub.

6 minutes ago, Superscally said:

Pulp?

After today and the Emily statement I'm dubious as to why they were left off in the first place though. If it was a 50/50 diversity issue then bin off Fatboy Slim from the poster. My heart says they'll play but my head says we're looking at the biggest hitters already.

17 minutes ago, FrancisH said:

After today and the Emily statement I'm dubious as to why they were left off in the first place though. If it was a 50/50 diversity issue then bin off Fatboy Slim from the poster. My heart says they'll play but my head says we're looking at the biggest hitters already.

theres 100% some big hitters missing

2 minutes ago, T-Mouse said:

Aha sorry I can absolutely see how that reads as Pulp being in the "rock slot". I mean Royal Blood reviving the rock slot, taking 3rd down to allow for Pulp. 

Royal Blood already did it in ‘17 so was always unlikely they’d be brought back for it, and unless the act has been held back for whatever reason, it looks like the rock slot as we briefly knew it has been properly abandoned this year, unfortunately. 

Just looked in the stage predictions thread and saw this suggested, but it couldn’t be Maneskin, could it? I didn’t think they’d be given such a prominent slot, but then I may be underestimating their popularity. Maybe even just lower down the Pyramid than third but still technically classed as the rock slot…

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Not impossible I guess.  One of the acts on today's line up that's a complete blank slate for me so need to give em a spin.

Look forward to your opinion on them, if only because I can’t imagine it’ll be close to a positive one (they’re shite).

13 minutes ago, 1MessageAgainDoneLeak said:

So are QOTSA playing this year for definite? 

I mean its not definite till they are on the stage but it seems so currently i'd say

• 4 weeks later...

Interesting turn of events re: Josh’s whole divorce/custody battle:

https://consequence.net/2023/03/josh-homme-statement-custody-battle-brody-dalle/

Again, only one side of the story, but seems like Josh isn’t the villain he’s been painted out to be in this whole ordeal.

Still no clearer on if they’re gonna be on the eventual full lineup, although for purely selfish reasons I’m hoping they’re delayed for another years so I actually get to see them…