2019 festival

17 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

BMTH tour in April. Birmingham, Leeds, Glasgow and Cardiff arenas, plus two nights at Ally Pally.

It's in November but yeah. Looks like album is out in January as well so this is a pre album run. They'll probably do a bigger tour later in 2019.

Apparently the reason why Pukkelpop has been moved back a day next year is because Arctic Monkeys are playing on the Sunday. (Tho admittedly I heard this from my mate so may be a bit of a game of chinese whispers).

It does kinda make sense though as, other than Sziget, AM did a lot more of the early fests this year. Could easily see them doing R+L.

1975 + Twenty One Pilots / Arctic Monkeys / BMTH + Stormzy

8 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

No way all 5 of those will headline in 1 year - all of them could easily headline outright.

I'm sticking with TOP/BMTH coheadline, Drake, AM for now. Both TOP & BMTH could headline outright but they appeal to a similar audience, Oli has vocalised his respect for TOP in the past, and it's likely the biggest spot/payday/publicity they'd both get at a UK festival next year. Think The 1975 will do Glastonbury next year and R&L in 2020.

8 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I’m not even thinking co-headliners, just have Twenty One Pilots and The 1975 headlining outright with Arctic Monkeys too. 

Well I think 1975 will do both Glasto and R&L and thats why they'd be booked lower, and I also don't think Stormzy is as big as most people on here think.

Agreed would be a very top heavy weekend, but I dont think its too dissimilar to 2016.

I'm not even sure Stormzy will have an album out by next Summer.

My current guess is either:

The 1975/Twenty One Pilots, Arctic Monkeys, BMTH (if The 1975 play Glasto)

or

BMTH/Twenty One Pilots, Arctic Monkeys, The 1975 (if they don't)

I don't really know how playing Glasto affects R&L's stance on whether they let the band headline outright, but obviously when Foals and Disclosure played Glasto in 2016 they co-headlined R&L, so I'm just gonna assume the same for The 1975 atm.

34 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Apparently the reason why Pukkelpop has been moved back a day next year is because Arctic Monkeys are playing on the Sunday. (Tho admittedly I heard this from my mate so may be a bit of a game of chinese whispers).

It does kinda make sense though as, other than Sziget, AM did a lot more of the early fests this year. Could easily see them doing R+L.

Haven't the Arctic Monkeys lads moved back home? I don't see why Pukkelpop would add anything to R+L, unless anyone thought the tour would be over by then. Seems like rubbish anyway as I can't see why they'd need to push it back a day when there's hardly a deluge of large festivals that weekend.

Surprised people have come around to Arctic Monkeys playing this next year but it makes a lot of sense to me. I agree with Andre that it'll be Twenty One Pilots, Arctic Monkeys and The 1975. If the latter do Glasto as well then stick Two Door or Chance the Rapper with them.

7 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

I'm not even sure Stormzy will have an album out by next Summer.

My current guess is either:

The 1975/Twenty One Pilots, Arctic Monkeys, BMTH (if The 1975 play Glasto)

or

BMTH/Twenty One Pilots, Arctic Monkeys, The 1975 (if they don't)

I don't really know how playing Glasto affects R&L's stance on whether they let the band headline outright, but obviously when Foals and Disclosure played Glasto in 2016 they co-headlined R&L, so I'm just gonna assume the same for The 1975 atm.

This is what I had to begin with but it seemed a bit too rocky (given the past couple of years they've always had a Dance or Rap headliner) so I just chucked Stormzy in (assuming he wouldnt have another album which is why its just a coheadline slot).

In saying that I guess Twenty One Pilots are kjnda rappy and 1975 are kinda poppy so maybe it would be fine.

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Haven't the Arctic Monkeys lads moved back home? I don't see why Pukkelpop would add anything to R+L, unless anyone thought the tour would be over by then. Seems like rubbish anyway as I can't see why they'd need to push it back a day when there's hardly a deluge of large festivals that weekend.

Surprised people have come around to Arctic Monkeys playing this next year but it makes a lot of sense to me. I agree with Andre that it'll be Twenty One Pilots, Arctic Monkeys and The 1975. If the latter do Glasto as well then stick Two Door or Chance the Rapper with them.

To me them doing Pukkelpop implies they'll be more likely to do R+L than Glasto which was also on the cards.

Someone on festileaks had said that they had moved back a day as they are sharing a headliner with Lowlands. Either way, they obviously arent gonna change festival dates for no reason, it's obviously for some big act who can only do that one day (they aint gonna move it just so theh can get Oscar & The Wolf to headline again).

5 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

If the latter do Glasto as well then stick Two Door or Chance the Rapper with them.

I reckon Chance is gonna headline Parklife and/or Lovebox and not R&L next year. Pure speculation, just got a feeling. Guess he could do all 3 like Skepta was originally meant to do this year, although Chance is more of a rarity this side of the pond so there may be some exclusivity deal somewhere.

16 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

This is what I had to begin with but it seemed a bit too rocky (given the past couple of years they've always had a Dance or Rap headliner) so I just chucked Stormzy in (assuming he wouldnt have another album which is why its just a coheadline slot).

In saying that I guess Twenty One Pilots are kjnda rappy and 1975 are kinda poppy so maybe it would be fine.

Well if Stormzy doesnt have a new album out I don't really see why he'd be headlining R&L. But yeah I thought there'd be a hip-hop headliner but if there aren't any who look likely I'm not just gonna shoehorn one in.

54 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

21P are kinda rappy? They are exclusively ‘rappy’ :lol: 

1 hour ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Well if Stormzy doesnt have a new album out I don't really see why he'd be headlining R&L. But yeah I thought there'd be a hip-hop headliner but if there aren't any who look likely I'm not just gonna shoehorn one in.

Just assumed hed try and do a Muse. He hasnt played on this album cycle and he could do it as some kind of an exclusive or something.

58 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

21P are kinda rappy? They are exclusively ‘rappy’ :lol: 

Yeah but I wouldnt say that typically their fans are the same as most rap fans. I could be wrong but I always got the impression a lot of their fanbase was more into punky music than hip-hop

1 hour ago, Mattymooz said:

Just assumed hed try and do a Muse. He hasnt played on this album cycle and he could do it as some kind of an exclusive or something.

Yeah but I wouldnt say that typically their fans are the same as most rap fans. I could be wrong but I always got the impression a lot of their fanbase was more into punky music than hip-hop

Yeah but without a new album he'd be a shocking booking. They'd surely just wait a year until he has one.

And yeah I've never met a hip-hop fan who likes Twenty One Pilots. Their fans are all that BMTH, Don Broco, You Me At Six weirdo lot.

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, JSmurphy said:

1975, Twenty One Pilots, Arctic Monkeys, Bring Me The Horizon makes too much sense for R&L, there'll defintely be a curveball shithouse of a booking in there like Mumford & Sons or Bastille.

Yeah, still think there's a chance that Blink might be there, especially if AM are elsewhere.

3 Main Stage headline slots will be:

Bastille + Royal Blood - Queens of the Stone Age - Jay Z (guest The Carters i.e. Beyonce)

Sub:

21 Pilots - Marshmello - ASAP Rocky + Skepta

3rd down:

HAIM - Wolf Alice -Tame Impala

Radio 1:

Mabel + Not3s - 5 Seconds of Summer - Anne Marie

Dance:

Diplo - Martin Garrix - Annie Mac

1extra

A Boogie Wit da Hoodie - Bugzy Malone - Ghetts

Edited by Chad888
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

17 minutes ago, Chad888 said:

3 Main Stage headline slots will be:

Bastille + Royal Blood - Queens of the Stone Age - Jay Z (guest The Carters i.e. Beyonce)

Sub:

21 Pilots - Marshmello - ASAP Rocky + Skepta

3rd down:

HAIM - Wolf Alice -Tame Impala

Radio 1:

Mabel + Not3s - 5 Seconds of Summer - Anne Marie

Dance:

Diplo - Martin Garrix - Annie Mac

1extra

A Boogie Wit da Hoodie - Bugzy Malone - Ghetts

Cheers for the info.

Bring Me The Horizon secret set makes me think they'll be on the bill next year, probably as a coheadline.

BMTH/21Pilots (Youmeatsix third down, Blossoms Radio1)

Arctic Monkeys (Two Door Cinema Club sub, Krept and Konan third down, Skepta Radio1)

The1975 (A$AP Rocky sub, TheHunna third down, Danny Brown Radio1)

54 minutes ago, danz026 said:

Bring Me The Horizon secret set makes me think they'll be on the bill next year, probably as a coheadline.

BMTH/21Pilots (Youmeatsix third down, Blossoms Radio1)

Arctic Monkeys (Two Door Cinema Club sub, Krept and Konan third down, Skepta Radio1)

The1975 (A$AP Rocky sub, TheHunna third down, Danny Brown Radio1)

I saw their secret set and it was brilliant but honestly the crowds for FOB who are the most alike act to BMTH was just tiny compared to that of the other headliners. It did rain during Travis Scott I guess but fans would of come back out to see them. I don't think BMTH suit the festival at all.

18 minutes ago, gfa said:

I saw their secret set and it was brilliant but honestly the crowds for FOB who are the most alike act to BMTH was just tiny compared to that of the other headliners. It did rain during Travis Scott I guess but fans would of come back out to see them. I don't think BMTH suit the festival at all.

To be fair, we went to the dance tent during Travis Scott due to the torrential downpour and were still easily able to get to the front for FOB. PATD, technically a co-headliner, had a bigger crowd than FOB, which I found bizarre as PATD are basically a poor man's version of FOB, but one wonders if part of it was people waiting to get down the front for Kendrick. KOL crowd looked smaller than PATD.

27 minutes ago, gfa said:

BMTH are doing like FOB, no I know a lot who like each and barely like them both.