2019 festival

If BMTH play I think they will headline outright and not be part of a co-headliner package. Oli made it really explicit in an interview not too long after they had supposedly been bumped from headlining Download one year saying that they’re not interested in co-headlining and want to establish themselves as a headliner in their own right. I think it’s the same interview when he said they would prefer to headline R&L than DL too. 

*edit*

WAIT THERE’S A THREAD FOR THIS. 

Edited by Andre91

22 minutes ago, rivalschools.price said:

Unless of course the top three voted bands were Fall Out Boy, Kendrick Lemar and Kings of Leon, haha

And Panic got such overwhelming numbers in the undercard vote that they got promoted. :P

36 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

If BMTH play I think they will headline outright and not be part of a co-headliner package. Oli made it really explicit in an interview not too long after they had supposedly been bumped from headlining Download one year saying that they’re not interested in co-headlining and want to establish themselves as a headliner in their own right. I think it’s the same interview when he said they would prefer to headline R&L than DL too. 

*edit*

That’s like failing a job interview and then saying “actually, I’m gonna get a better paying job with more seniority at the same company”. He’s probably arrogant enough to believe that but you’re smart enough to know he’s full of shit.

Tell you what, I 100% don’t believe the polls mean anything or are connected to the booking process but I’ll put it out there for kicks: Rage Against the Machine got added (since last year) to the R+L polls and they’re also among the select few in the Download poll, where there’s like no other defunct bands.

11 hours ago, Andre91 said:

*edit*

If co-headlining is the only headline offer they get from a major festival I doubt they'd say no. It could be their only shot at headlining.

AC/DC was on the list also and theres been rumours of Brian and Phill getting back for one last album supported by photos of them all at a recording studio, any chance in hell they could/would do it ? would be absolutely insane, especially considering brian came out with muse last year 

2 hours ago, Stuielooie said:

Twenty One Pilots have added a one off show at Brixton, and then have two dates at SSE Arena next year.

Hmmm those seem like relatively small venues tbh. 

EDIT: Wait no they are doing nights in Manchester/Birmingham/Glasgow etc. too so ignore dis lmao

Edited by Mattymooz

7 hours ago, Stuielooie said:

Twenty One Pilots have added a one off show at Brixton, and then have two dates at SSE Arena next year.

I didn't see before they had two Wembley dates, outright has a chance. I wouldn't be surprised if they did a co-headline thing where the sub was like a Panic!

1 minute ago, JSmurphy said:

Oh yes me too. I thought they were brilliant in 2016. I wonder if R&L might have competition from APE to book them? 

Potentially. I would say that Foals may need to prove themselves touring the new album again, as per those recent surveys did not put them in the headline selection, and maybe a year touring the album in arenas/other fests could show them to be an outright 2018 headliner.

That being said I think 2 co-headlines and 1 outright: BMTH/Foals, Twenty One Pilots/Someone else, The 1975 or AM could be a potential for next year