2019 festival

16 minutes ago, Chad888 said:

They announced that "next week" we will have an announcement and that was last Wednesday.

Next week is at most 7 days away. They wouldn't announce it as next week and then give the announcement 10 days later on the Friday.

Last year???

19 minutes ago, Chad888 said:

They announced that "next week" we will have an announcement and that was last Wednesday.

Next week is at most 7 days away. They wouldn't announce it as next week and then give the announcement 10 days later on the Friday.

I'm expecting the announcement on Wednesday at latest, as tickets will go back on sale on Friday.

2 hours ago, BeardGlasses said:

I do really like Foo Fighters, but my word they do drag out their setlists. How long do you think their setlist will be? Last time I saw them it was 2.5 hours! 

Would be rude not to see them when they are a stones throw from where you live though. 

That's the issue...they could play 23 songs minimum but they choose to play 18 only in a 2hr set that has 4 songs with 5 minutes extra singalongs in

4 minutes ago, The All Round Ball :| said:

Due to the announcement of the Foos Europe Tour 2019 thing, I feel they are going to be announced first. Just lines up with that Foos announcement. Makes sense really. 

Foos announced first as 1975 are still selling tour tickets.

We will get 3 rock/pop headliners and so a heavily stacked R&B undercard i think.

Chance the Rapper, Craig David, Dave, Pusha T, A$AP Rocky, Tyler Creator (if his band is up), Dizzee Rascal, BBK etc, 5 of those 8 will make up the top 5 per day, i reckon

20 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

That's the issue...they could play 23 songs minimum but they choose to play 18 only in a 2hr set that has 4 songs with 5 minutes extra singalongs in

I believe they played 5 songs in 45 minutes  last time I saw them. And the overall setlist averaged 9 minutes a song. But I do enjoy stage presence, just turn it down a notch Dave mate. Especially if they are limited to 2 hours. 

5 minutes ago, BeardGlasses said:

I believe they played 5 songs in 45 minutes  last time I saw them. And the overall setlist averaged 9 minutes a song. But I do enjoy stage presence, just turn it down a notch Dave mate. Especially if they are limited to 2 hours. 

I see your point. Grohl does go on with songs a bit but there 2012 set for R&L was actually mad. 

1. (Van Halen cover)
  2. (dedicated to Kurt Cobain and Krist Novoselic)
  3. (first time live since 2008
  4. (Pink Floyd cover)
  5. Encore:
  6. (Dave tells stories of his more )
  7. (Late! cover)
  8. (First time live since 2003)
Edited by The All Round Ball :|

3 minutes ago, Mouseboy11 said:

The 2012 set the Foo’s did is probably the best I’ve seen them.

They bored me to tears at Glastonbury, wandered off in the end.

Let's hope that if they are back at Reading that they pull something off like that again then haha. Didn't get a chance at Glasto so canny judge. 

48 minutes ago, Chad888 said:

First announcement prediction:

Foos Fighters

Chance the Rapper

Rat Boy

Catfish and the Bottlemen

Kaiser Chiefs

Khalid

Jorga Smith

Halsey

Craig David

Imagine Dragons

Pusha T

The Streets

Jamie T

Dizzee Rasca

Pale Waves

where would you put Imagine Dragons? And Catfish & The Bottlemen?

Edited by bigcharlie65

45 minutes ago, The All Round Ball :| said:

I see your point. Grohl does go on with songs a bit but there 2012 set for R&L was actually mad. 

1. (Van Halen cover)
  2. (dedicated to Kurt Cobain and Krist Novoselic)
  3. (first time live since 2008
  4. (Pink Floyd cover)
  5. Encore:
  6. (Dave tells stories of his more )
  7. (Late! cover)
  8. (First time live since 2003)

No learn to fly? Next.

16 minutes ago, bigcharlie65 said:

where would you put Imagine Dragons? And Catfish & The Bottlemen?

I think people over estimate where bands actually place on the set list. If you look at the headliners and subs and 3rd down every year they do all have pedigree. They aren't like a good HL and then some relative newbie up to 2nd down. 

I can see it being along the lines of...

Fri: 1975 // Imagine Dragons // Chance the Rapper

Sat: Drake // 21 Pilots // Catfish and the Bottlemen

Sun: Foo Fighters // Tame Impala // The Streets

Like Imagine Dragons and 21 Pilots keep getting spoken about as headliner levels but they don't sell albums well, they have 1 or 2 actual hit songs and then 4 or 5 filler generic tunes. They are no higher then Bastille and Travis Scott in previous years. Courteeners, Liam Gallagher, Alt-J etc all the same level of pedigree that they are. 

Vampire Weekend subbed in 2014 and Imagine Dragons are about as out there as they were at that time.

Edited by Chad888
  • Downvote 2