Secret Sets?

Deadendfriends8

8 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I presumed it's the other way round. The former are more exciting, but the latter are much more common.

More common I'll agree. But when Emily talks about secret sets in the run up I think that'll mean a band not already listed

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When The Libertines played before Flo in 2015 there were loads of people who genuinely had no idea who was about to come on. Always so much better for "shock value" when it's like that. 

When everyone knows about the secret sets a la Radiohead and Pulp it takes away from it IMO.

11 minutes ago, Brumbot said:

Neil got info on it.

I did, tho I don't guarantee it's accurate.

I think it probably is for them playing, tho I've no way of really knowing at this moment in time.

The info I was given is that they're definitely playing, and that it's probably a secret set, probably at Williams Green.

27 minutes ago, nikkic said:

When The Libertines played before Flo in 2015 there were loads of people who genuinely had no idea who was about to come on. Always so much better for "shock value" when it's like that. 

When everyone knows about the secret sets a la Radiohead and Pulp it takes away from it IMO.

I didn't know the Libertines had played until a day later. Which suited me fine, tbh.

On 21 April 2017 at 8:03 AM, nikkic said:

Radiohead was kept a pretty good secret until the day itself. Lots of suggestions e.g. Arctic Monkeys were on here before. I was following things pretty closely on here and would check the atease Radiohead boards now and then and certainly things weren't that public until the day of the gig - but news travelled fast.

Pulp was pretty well known about for weeks though. 

On 21/04/2017 at 9:08 AM, Deadendfriends8 said:

Mumford in strummerville a few years back

That was great fun, Pulp were so good that day it felt like a headliner... So wasn't bothered about going back to main stages, and headed for a nosey down to Strummerville to find out Munfords were playing had a great evening and I'm not even a Mumfords fan

15 hours ago, TheSheriff said:

That was great fun, Pulp were so good that day it felt like a headliner... So wasn't bothered about going back to main stages, and headed for a nosey down to Strummerville to find out Munfords were playing had a great evening and I'm not even a Mumfords fan

I quite like them, but my godparent who I go with did the exact same thing as you. Was just wondering around and saw the sign out the front. I feel these are the proper secret sets, they don't really ever get out. Even after the sets happened

On 4/23/2017 at 8:36 PM, ManchesterGlasto said:

I think the Foos will do something acoustic set somewhere maybe like they've done at other festivals 

I can definitely see this happening. The rabbit hole for this would be incredible.

it could be bullshit - i've no way of knowing unless it actually happens - but someone has just told me details of a secret set by Ed Sheeran that'll happen over the weekend.

It's going to stay secret as far as I'm concerned, sorry. There's no point posting the details I've heard, cos if they are true it'll only ensure it doesn't happen.

But anyway, if it happens and you're there at the time, enjoy (or run away :P).

7 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

it could be bullshit - i've no way of knowing unless it actually happens - but someone has just told me details of a secret set by Ed Sheeran that'll happen over the weekend.

It's going to stay secret as far as I'm concerned, sorry. There's no point posting the details I've heard, cos if they are true it'll only ensure it doesn't happen.

But anyway, if it happens and you're there at the time, enjoy (or run away :P).

Tbf Ed doing a secret Glastonbury show is inevitable, it's only going to happen when something very popular is on mind.