• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, scott44 said:

If people go around using language like that then they are just as bad and very likely to get a smack in the mouth. Like I said some people on here would be better off attending a church fete and not a festival. Must be a right barrel of laughs to be with.

It is mate, I'm class. 

Let's all be traditional English and just 'Tut' at the people contributing to ruining the festival then.

The ungrateful, scrutty bell ends.

19 minutes ago, scott44 said:

If people go around using language like that then they are just as bad and very likely to get a smack in the mouth. Like I said some people on here would be better off attending a church fete and not a festival. Must be a right barrel of laughs to be with.

Right, so pissing on the land should be ignored, because it somehow stops you from getting to the cider bus, but swearing is just cause for violence?

You're either an idiot or a troll.

1 minute ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Right, so pissing on the land should be ignored, because it somehow stops you from getting to the cider bus, but swearing is just cause for violence?

You're either an idiot or a troll.

Troll, surely? I really don't understand how not being able to piss on the ground could be such a buzz kill. I spend a serious amount of my time not pissing on the ground (like, pretty much 100% of it) and am also known to be partial to fun. Is there some sort of venn diagram memo that I am not adhering to and should be made aware of???

1 minute ago, Sasperella said:

Troll, surely? I really don't understand how not being able to piss on the ground could be such a buzz kill. I spend a serious amount of my time not pissing on the ground (like, pretty much 100% of it) and am also known to be partial to fun. Is there some sort of venn diagram memo that I am not adhering to and should be made aware of???

I reckon you're right. He's a troll.

Edited by stuartbert two hats

5 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Is there some sort of venn diagram memo that I am not adhering to and should be made aware of???

If there is such a venn diagram I'm going to need to be in the bit that likes church fete's and Glastonbury. 

It's the tombola's you see. More addictive than crack, if you ask me.

Edited by Yoghurt on a Stick

1 minute ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I had a priest try to get in to my pants once. It wasn't at a church fete though. I just thought I'd tell you. 

Just a part of growing up in Ireland. My sister had a priest in her school nicknamed father feeler. 

17 minutes ago, scott44 said:

You will have a very boring and lonely festival - give the ticket to someone who actually wants to be there to have a good time!

Ok, maybe you're not a troll...but given that you're talking about a bunch of people who spend an inordinate amount of time talking about all the minor intricacies of Glastonbury, I think this sentiment is bizarre. Clearly anyone who posts on these boards wants to be there. Probably a little bit too much if anything :lol:

16 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I had a priest try to get in to my pants once. It wasn't at a church fete though. I just thought I'd tell you. 

Dark as ever I see :)

20 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Ok, maybe you're not a troll...but given that you're talking about a bunch of people who spend an inordinate amount of time talking about all the minor intricacies of Glastonbury, I think this sentiment is bizarre. Clearly anyone who posts on these boards wants to be there. Probably a little bit too much if anything :lol:

Dark as ever I see :)

It's not my favourite priest anecdote. That one occurred when we had no drink at a party in the accommodation unit of a hospital. The Roman Catholic Chaplain of the hospital was there, among an awful lot of retrobates like us. One of my gay mates said don't worry about the alcohol, I've got an idea. He then proceeded to go up to the Chaplain and tell him that he'd shag him as long as he handed over all the communion wine. Job was a good'n' - my mate got the ride and we all got pissed.

1 hour ago, scott44 said:

My point is that I find it quite sad that so many people are coming across as very sad and preachy about something which the large majority of people having a good time at the festival could not care less about. 

Well yes, that's exactly the problem. A large majority couldn't care less, and they need to, or the festival will be in trouble.

10 hours ago, scott44 said:

Excuse me - hardly. If you read my earlier posts I was saying that I fully support the pledge. I have never pissed on the land once and have been going since 1989. The thread was started by someone who admits to having pissed on the land, not me.

My point is that I find it quite sad that so many people are coming across as very sad and preachy about something which the large majority of people having a good time at the festival could not care less about. You will have a very boring and lonely festival - give the ticket to someone who actually wants to be there to have a good time!

If you were there in 89 you should remember that there have been previous years where much more fuss was made about keeping the site clean and that they've had pretty well publicised occasions where they had threats to the future of the festival due to p*ss*ng in the streams.

You should also be comfortable with the idea that wanting the festival to carry on existing isn't mutually exclusive from having a high old time.

10 hours ago, scott44 said:

Excuse me - hardly. If you read my earlier posts I was saying that I fully support the pledge. I have never pissed on the land once and have been going since 1989. The thread was started by someone who admits to having pissed on the land, not me.

Well if we are sticking with the church theme, there's your classic story of redemption right there. He was lost, but now he is found. It's easier for a camel to piss through the eye of a needle, or soemthing

On 2017-4-18 at 3:02 PM, Skoo said:

I don't. On this very thread at least one person has stated they thought the tents went to refugees.

It's not obvious, and when there are people within the festival telling others "oh yes, leave your tent, it will go to help the needy" it propogates the idea.

Not hard to have some signage.

Yeah guess that doesn't help, I've always known you had to pack them away and take them to certain points.