the wonderwhy

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

32 minutes ago, sisco said:

Good point! Completely forgot about her:

Ed Sheeran, Katy Perry, Chic, Barry Gibb

I suspect this is right, but Im hoping for Chic to close out WH.

Bazza, Chic then Katy Perry will keep me at the Pyramid, then a bolt to somewhere else. If it was Baz - Someone Else - Perry - Chic @ West Holts, that would be perfect.

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

53 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I thought Nile had to be back in America or something and couldn't Sunday in the end?, this may have got confused somewhere along the line mind?

Apparently not! Well according to his tour dates anyway

3 minutes ago, sisco said:

Apparently not! Well according to his tour dates anyway

Fair, I'm not the biggest fan but I reckon it'll be a good party vibe. Can't see me moving really atm from Gibb until the end which I don't mind but would like to maybe shift it in the middle.

I am holding out that Stormzy is Saturday Other 3rd down and RTJ are doing the Skepta role on Friday.

1 hour ago, Nobody Interesting said:

I said from the start Chic would headline Other on Sunday - and I stick by that.

Would prefer that to them being on Pyramid in the afternoon or evening. Can't see them being on WH again.

What FloorFiller said, no chance being Other headliner. I don't think the poster is straight forward but it's enough to know unless another huge act comes that it's The National or The XX in that spot....even more so by that they won't have both of them as subs.

52 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Chic ain't headlining Other. Can't see them anywhere other than Pyramid myself - don't see them on WH again.

From memory Neil seems to get good info on WH acts. I know that last year we thought Underworld could have been in the JP, but he definitely cleared thst up that way before the stage splits were announced.

Hopefully he can get info on this years headliners.... hopefully Chic are sunday WH headliners. I do suspect they wont be though.

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

What FloorFiller said, no chance being Other headliner. I don't think the poster is straight forward but it's enough to know unless another huge act comes that it's The National or The XX in that spot....even more so by that they won't have both of them as subs.

We shall see - but I am taking my thoughts from the last 2 years of mostly 'dance' headliners on Other and that they said they were playing longer than 75 mins so that means headliner.

2 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

From memory Neil seems to get good info on WH acts. I know that last year we thought Underworld could have been in the JP, but he definitely cleared thst up that way before the stage splits were announced.

Hopefully he can get info on this years headliners.... hopefully Chic are sunday WH headliners. I do suspect they wont be though.

I think Underworld were only ever going to play WHs, the issue with JP would have been that even if the crowd didn't spill too much out that to stand outside would have been shit with a light show inside. Tbf even Band of Horses had a crowd outside JP last year, albeit wasn't too hard to get inside. 

2 hours ago, Nobody Interesting said:

We shall see - but I am taking my thoughts from the last 2 years of mostly 'dance' headliners on Other and that they said they were playing longer than 75 mins so that means headliner.

Yes but Other headliner is 75 mins if you mean Chic said they were?

2 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Yes but Other headliner is 75 mins if you mean Chic said they were?

LCD played 90 mins last year and others have too in the past. Nile said they were going to play longer than the 75 mins they played at West Holts in 2013.

We shall see.

14 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

LCD played 90 mins last year and others have too in the past. Nile said they were going to play longer than the 75 mins they played at West Holts in 2013.

We shall see.

Ah yes, happened last two years on the Sunday. I wonder if Chic and Nile are going 4th down and getting maybe 1hr 25 and taking the 'Legends' slot and Gibb is 3rd down?

I haven't seen where it's been mentioned about a longer set mind, but I still don't think they are Other headliners at all.

3 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Ah yes, happened last two years on the Sunday. I wonder if Chic and Nile are going 4th down and getting maybe 1hr 25 and taking the 'Legends' slot and Gibb is 3rd down?

I haven't seen where it's been mentioned about a longer set mind, but I still don't think they are Other headliners at all.

Nile Rogers tweeted it in a conversation with someone.

Here is  a bad copy and paste of the tweet.

Nile Rodgers Retweeted  CanaanLane 

I don't know off the top of my head but we'll play an even longer set. Wear your dancing shoes. It rarely rains when we play in England

Nile Rodgers added,

CanaanLane  @CanaanLane
@nilerodgers Stoked to see you back at Glastonbury again ' 2013 was the show of a lifetime. Are you back on the same stage?
Edited by Nobody Interesting

7 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Nile Rogers tweeted it in a conversation with someone.

Here is  a bad copy and paste of the tweet.

Nile Rodgers Retweeted  CanaanLane 

I don't know off the top of my head but we'll play an even longer set. Wear your dancing shoes. It rarely rains when we play in England

Nile Rodgers added,

CanaanLane  @CanaanLane
@nilerodgers Stoked to see you back at Glastonbury again ' 2013 was the show of a lifetime. Are you back on the same stage?

I found the tweet, Mardy below is probably correct but WHs headliners have done longer than 75 mins too.

I'm more worried by the use of the word 'stoked', we aren't American.

4 minutes ago, Mardy said:

I think you're taking Nile a bit too literally here. I suspect he doesn't know how long he's booked for yet. Was just giving it a bit of ringmaster hype on twitter

You mean someone on the internet might not be totally honest with what they post ;)