2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

On 10/10/2018 at 2:31 PM, RarerThanDandyB said:

Stormzy played the last festival it will be at least 2020 until he will headline. It won't be 2019. I reckon 2021 since I don't think he is in the reckoning for the anniversary.

Monkeys will not miss the chance. ArcticMonkeysUS I doubt is wrong. They will play Glastonbury. Not anywhere else. 

Monkeys

Cure

McCartney

I am set on this until anything concrete comes up.

Just spoke to yer man directly at AM US... 

I don’t think so. I have a wedding that weekend and my friend from domino said I won’t be missing anything

2 minutes ago, Xeph1995 said:

I always thought it was more to do with releasing a less commercial album and wanting to play the songs

Radiohead/The King of Limbs are a slightly different prospect to Arctic Monkeys/TBHQ, though. Plus Thom and Jonny had done a secret set on the Park the year before so they had form for it. Plus from what I can gather Glastonbury was the only festival they did in the world that Summer, and the only gig they did at all apart from a Maida Vale Studios thing, so they won't have had a festival headline show prepared, which Arctic Monkeys most likely will next Summer.

2 minutes ago, Xeph1995 said:

I always thought it was more to do with releasing a less commercial album and wanting to play the songs

That too. Plus they're generally there anyway. Thom did it the year before and has also DJ'd later on a few times. I think Jonny showed up on West Holts at one point.

Basically, like Elbow, Jarvis, Damon and Coldplay, they're part of the family. Dunno if you could say the same about wee whatisface.

Just now, CaledonianGonzo said:

That too. Plus they're generally there anyway. Thom did it the year before and has also DJ'd later on a few times. I think Jonny showed up on West Holts at one point.

Basically, like Elbow, Jarvis, Damon and Coldplay, they're part of the family. Dunno if you could say the same about wee whatisface.

Yeah Jonny played with the London Sinfonietta on WH whilst we were all watching Kaiser Chiefs open the Other Stage.

1 hour ago, Gucci Piggy said:

I dunno about that. I'm still predicting Arctic Monkeys to be the third headliner so this isn't just me trying to justify my prediction or owt, but Arctic Monkeys headlined on the touring cycle of their previous album, and I can't think of many examples of Glastonbury booking an act to headline on consecutive cycles. If the Eavii know Arctic Monkeys plan to have another album out in the next two years or so it'd make a lot of sense to give em a miss this time around and bring them back on the next cycle, especially as the current album doesn't exactly lend itself to major festival slots.

Their set lists do though. What I've heard live off the new album comes across excellent.

If I had to guess, I'd say they're headlining 2020 instead of 2019. Hope it's 2019 though personally.

2 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Could they have Muse back again? I know they did it year before the last but it is a house band. No, only chance is as Gucci said, a secret set.

Id absolutely love this, doubt others would though.

Muse always put on a proper headline show, I wish I had been there in 2004 what a performance. Blew Oasis out of the field, not that its hard but.

Edited by Xeph1995

16 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I don't know where they all went afterwards, but it wasn't to see Emilie Sande. 

Walked past this on way to WH - felt really sorry for her. She had a big production too, and there she was performing to a crowd a fraction of the size for Rag & fucking Bone Man earlier.

Just searched Glasto on the ArcticMonkeysUS forum and there were only a few results but common consensus amongst them seemed to be that it was unlikely anyway and saw some people saying that Sziget last month seems to be the end of this tour in terms of mainland Europe (although that could just be because nothing further has yet been announced, unless someone in the band alluded to that being the end of it), so they may not even be in Europe next Summer anyway.

I guess that thing Blake got told about MSG, an iconic June festival and a special UK date probably suggested that would be the case anyway tbf.

8 minutes ago, henry bear said:

Walked past this on way to WH - felt really sorry for her. She had a big production too, and there she was performing to a crowd a fraction of the size for Rag & fucking Bone Man earlier.

All because she took time out the game to cope with her marriage falling apart, too. Poor lass.

2 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Just searched Glasto on the ArcticMonkeysUS forum and there were only a few results but common consensus amongst them seemed to be that it was unlikely anyway and saw some people saying that Sziget last month seems to be the end of this tour in terms of mainland Europe (although that could just be because nothing further has yet been announced, unless someone in the band alluded to that being the end of it), so they may not even be in Europe next Summer anyway.

I guess that thing Blake got told about MSG, an iconic June festival and a special UK date probably suggested that would be the case anyway tbf.

I wouldn't rule out a british band playing glasto as a one off