2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

4 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

And yes Gazza, the majority of white people don't sit at home singing along shouting the N word out because it's not a word that we have the right to use. Black people have the right to use it in their songs and any white person with a brain is aware that they're not supposed to use the word and will skip it out when singing along. Although I'm not sure why I expect a grown man who goes to parties in blackface to understand this.

You censor yourself at home?

Just now, dentalplan said:

You censor yourself at home?

I don't sing along shouting the N word out. In fact I don't sit at home singing along to music out loud anyway.

But what's the difference between censoring yourself at home and in public? Is using the word fine as long as you're not around other people?

4 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

I don't sing along shouting the N word out. In fact I don't sit at home singing along to music out loud anyway.

But what's the difference between censoring yourself at home and in public? Is using the word fine as long as you're not around other people?

Well if you went to your room and just shouted it repeatedly then no that's sus but singing along to a song someone else wrote where no one can hear you or be offended by your inclusion of the lyrics... why would that be wrong?

10 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Well if you went to your room and just shouted it repeatedly then no that's sus but singing along to a song someone else wrote where no one can hear you or be offended by your inclusion of the lyrics... why would that be wrong?

Well I'd just feel uncomfortable using the word tbh regardless of whether people are gonna hear it and be offended. If I said it to my white friends they probably wouldn't be offended but it'd be weird.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Racial language shouldn’t be something you flick on and off depending on who’s around you.

7 hours ago, dentalplan said:

It's not something I would do mind, and I got flow like a motherfucker when I'm in that shower!

2 hours ago, Mash011 said:

@thewayiam what's worse mate, using the n word or wearing blackface?

I'm not racist so I don't think either are. I've no problem with white or black people and I've no problem with a girl singing music using the N word if a musician has invited them to do so.

But let's not distract this from the fact that the argument against him being an arse is bullshit and intact he was....he was a knob for even inviting someone for it if he was going to dislike it. If you can hear the words when purchasing his music...you go to see him to watch him play his album.

8 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Imo if you sing along at home it's usually in your head you're singing along or in the garden using an iPod silently etc.

So I'm to understand...not from you that is that both black and white people can like the music but can't refer to it in the same way due to their race?, isn't that a person calling me racist being hypocritical and racist too?, putting a label on the music and how it can be used depending on who you are?. 

This is saying that if it was a black girl called up on stage she is allowed to sing the lyrics but as it was a white girl she can't?

40 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I'm not racist so I don't think either are. I've no problem with white or black people and I've no problem with a girl singing music using the N word if a musician has invited them to do so.

But let's not distract this from the fact that the argument against him being an arse is bullshit and intact he was....he was a knob for even inviting someone for it if he was going to dislike it. If you can hear the words when purchasing his music...you go to see him to watch him play his album.

He didn't invite her to sing the N word, though, did he? He clearly thought that she, as most white people are, would be aware that they can't use that word.

Yes, you go see him to watch him play his album, and if you're a white person doing so you should understand that one particular word used in his album is something you don't have the right to say.

32 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Imo if you sing along at home it's usually in your head you're singing along or in the garden using an iPod silently etc.

So I'm to understand...not from you that is that both black and white people can like the music but can't refer to it in the same way due to their race?, isn't that a person calling me racist being hypocritical and racist too?, putting a label on the music and how it can be used depending on who you are?. 

This is saying that if it was a black girl called up on stage she is allowed to sing the lyrics but as it was a white girl she can't?

Yes Gazza, that's exactly the point. And anyone who isn't racist, ignorant or thick as fuck understands that.

3 hours ago, thesecretingredientiscrime said:

Racial language shouldn’t be something you flick on and off depending on who’s around you.

Yo I’m not saying you should be allowed to say it in front of white people that won’t get offended of course. I’m saying if you’re singing on you’re own then saying words that can be found offensive regardless of the context doesn’t matter because there’s no one to offend.

2 hours ago, thewayiam said:

So I'm to understand...not from you that is that both black and white people can like the music but can't refer to it in the same way due to their race? YES, isn't that a person calling me racist being hypocritical and racist too? NO, putting a label on the music and how it can be used depending on who you are?. 

This is saying that if it was a black girl called up on stage she is allowed to sing the lyrics but as it was a white girl she can't? YES

Don't say the n word, if you're white. It's really not that onerous

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thewayiam said:

Okay so just checking, wearing blackface isn't racist any more? 

1 hour ago, FatAmmy said:

Don't say the n word, if you're white. It's really not that onerous

What happened to equality?, she didn't bloody patrol the streets saying it!, she sung it from lyrics that a musician of hers wrote in a place of fans of the same. I guess she's not allowed to like him now and having a different rule in that situation because of the colour of their skin is racism and if you want to avoid that then don't invite a white girl up and make sure she is black.

I don't like the word but if it presents itself in a black and white community then you pick carefully what you want or accept she's just as much in the right to sings those words as anyone there.

44 minutes ago, Mash011 said:

Okay so just checking, wearing blackface isn't racist any more? 

Shall I refer you to my black friends so you can ask then if they still speak to me or not lol, or I shall connect you with the person I was out with and you can argue with him why you care and he doesn't as to be honest if he doesn't you're a fool and being an idiot for no reason.

• Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

What happened to equality?, she didn't bloody patrol the streets saying it!, she sung it from lyrics that a musician of hers wrote in a place of fans of the same. I guess she's not allowed to like him now and having a different rule in that situation because of the colour of their skin is racism and if you want to avoid that then don't invite a white girl up and make sure she is black.

I don't like the word but if it presents itself in a black and white community then you pick carefully what you want or accept she's just as much in the right to sings those words as anyone there.

Shall I refer you to my black friends so you can ask then if they still speak to me or not lol, or I shall connect you with the person I was out with and you can argue with him why you care and he doesn't as to be honest if he doesn't you're a fool and being an idiot for no reason.

Did you ever stop for a second to consider how a black person who isn't your friend might feel when they see you in blackface? What cultural memories/history/pain that might bring up for them? No? Of course you didn't

The rest of your post is typical "It's not fair that they can say it and we can't" white nonsense, far as I can tell. The problem with that being this - there's literally no such thing as "reverse racism". It's just a thing that racists made up so they could keep being racist.  

I get that this is wildly off-topic for the headliner thread, but like, people need to learn these things. It's important.

I hope Kendrick headlines Glastonbury next year - I'll be right up front having the time of my life, not saying any racial slurs