Gorillaz

gmb1992

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I imagine

Friday Park: Gorillaz

Saturday Other: Liam Gallagher

Sunday John Peel: Macaabees

elbow elsewhere

After 2011 that almost definitely makes the least sense to me. 

Elbow Friday park seems just about doable.

Gorillaz Vs Katy Perry from a crowd management perspective without a doubt makes the most sense.

LG Sunday JP

Maccabees not playing 

Edited by T-Mouse

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I imagine

Friday Park: Gorillaz

Saturday Other: Liam Gallagher

Sunday John Peel: Macaabees

elbow elsewhere

i've had info that Maccabees aren't playing. Can't guarantee it's ritght but i think it probably is.

I reckon Liam is that Sunday 5pm JP Sunday slot - tho it's a guess, based on the Other slot being the one that Dizzee vacated.

9 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

i've had info that Maccabees aren't playing. Can't guarantee it's ritght but i think it probably is.

I reckon Liam is that Sunday 5pm JP Sunday slot - tho it's a guess, based on the Other slot being the one that Dizzee vacated.

Didn't you have info saying that Wiley, Liam Gallagher etc were all on the other stage? I wonder if dizzie vacated the JP headline slot?

Edited by Matt42

56 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

the tip did include a suggestion of where (not necessarily a TBA slot), but I've chosen to not share that info in the interests of sanity, safety, and making sure what I say doesn't cause something to get cancelled.

Now to figure out of this means there is a pseudonym name on the line up somewhere or they are going to fill a gap. Or they could be taking one of the "special guest" slots rather than a TBA.

Say what you will about Gorillaz, they are my all time favourite and the thought of missing this is going to drive me crazy.

@eFestivals I fully understand your reasoning for keeping some information back but are you planning on keeping the placement info to yourself permanently or you thinking maybe drop it on the day of? (how's about a gold membership, mug purchase and a charitable donation to Wateraid in exchange :ph34r: I promise I won't tell and I'll double it if I do)

Edited by mf_2005

5 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Didn't you have info saying that Wiley, Liam Gallagher etc were all on the other stage? I wonder if dizzie vacated the JP headline slot?

Wiley is, as part of BBK. I also knew he'd play solo too, but never had a stage for that.

Liam I've never had stage info for. I'm guessing he's on JP.

Dizzee might have been in a headline slot, tho I don't think he was. It doesn't fix a missing headliner problem if you take a headliner from one stage to headline another stage. It just seems a bit daft to do that.

2 minutes ago, mf_2005 said:

@eFestivals I fully understand your reasoning for keeping some information back but are you planning on keeping the placement info to yourself permanently or you thinking maybe drop it on the day of? (how's about a gold membership, mug purchase and a charitable donation to Wateraid in exchange :ph34r: I promise I won't tell and I'll double it if I do)

no, I don't plan to reveal what I think are the more unsafe ones to reveal (which is Gorillaz and Ed).

I don't know with certainty that either are right anyway, but if they are then revealing the info is only likely to make them not happen, which doesn't make me telling people of any use anyway.

8 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Wiley is, as part of BBK. I also knew he'd play solo too, but never had a stage for that.

Liam I've never had stage info for. I'm guessing he's on JP.

Dizzee might have been in a headline slot, tho I don't think he was. It doesn't fix a missing headliner problem if you take a headliner from one stage to headline another stage. It just seems a bit daft to do that.

I'm pretttty sure you had info putting Liam on Other, although it was as a headliner alongside Wiley (and another) which obviously didn't/wasn't gonna happen.

Gorillaz and Liam are pretty interchangeable for those two slots imo. Can't say I'd be too excited to see Gorillaz live after their new album and I'd love to belt out those Oasis songs Liam's been doing in a stuffed little tent so definitely hoping it's Gorillaz Other and Liam JP.

Edited by FloorFiller

14 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

no, I don't plan to reveal what I think are the more unsafe ones to reveal (which is Gorillaz and Ed).

I don't know with certainty that either are right anyway, but if they are then revealing the info is only likely to make them not happen, which doesn't make me telling people of any use anyway.

I won't tell anyone ;)

• Upvote 1

They're playing a great set at the moment. St Albans was fantastic.

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/gorillaz/2017/alban-arena-st-albans-england-1be711d0.html

I know a few in their camp so I'm off to do some digging.

For what it's worth it's seemed fairly likely to me ever since the album was announced. And a number of their collaborators are on the lineup.

2 minutes ago, somecoolusername said:

They're playing a great set at the moment. St Albans was fantastic.

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/gorillaz/2017/alban-arena-st-albans-england-1be711d0.html

I know a few in their camp so I'm off to do some digging.

For what it's worth it's seemed fairly likely to me ever since the album was announced. And a number of their collaborators are on the lineup.

feel free to dig for your own purposes, but please consider the consequences of passing on anything you might find out.

It helps no one if the info is spread so widely that it can't happen.

2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

feel free to dig for your own purposes, but please consider the consequences of passing on anything you might find out.

It helps no one if the info is spread so widely that it can't happen.

So basically you're saying if too much information about a set is released and spread around then there's a very high chance that that set won't happen. 

In that case I have a very good tip about Ed Sheeran playing on Sunday at 21:45. 

• Upvote 9

1 minute ago, squirrelarmy said:

So basically you're saying if too much information about a set is released and spread around then there's a very high chance that that set won't happen. 

In that case I have a very good tip about Ed Sheeran playing on Sunday at 21:45. 

RADIOHEAD ARE DOING A SECRET SET ON FRIDAY

3 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

I don't know about 'very high', but there's certainly a risk of causing it to not happen.

3 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

:lol: - good try.