Legends Slot

TunaBaby

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, tevaburger said:

as with Manilow last year initially, I just never thought the D-Ross stuff was true, especially without any other dates around it.

With Jeff Lynne, as average as an effect that he had on the day (and surely on the BBC) how spectacular is it that he decided right after that he was good enough to announce a Wembley Stadium show mere days after….how’s that show going with tix? are there 70,000 who want to go see him in a stadium?

Currently 64,000 I believe.

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

With Gibb already a TBC for the Pyramid Sunday then I guess it's all pointing towards it being him. If we get Chic on the bill/Pyramid as well as that then even better. Just hope Gibb's feature with Coldplay last year wasn't a sign of things to come regarding his performance as he sounded pretty laughable (although better on Jools Holland singing his new stuff in a much lower register).

I guess the catalogue of bangers he has outweighs the fact his falsetto might not be up to scratch anymore. I'm sure his band/the crowd will carry it anyway.

Thought To Love Somebody was weaker but Stayin' Alive was so damn infectious.

Just throwing this one out there for Sunday legends slot 

Ozzy Osbourne 

back catalogue there /guaranteed entertainer will get the crowd going. Something secret from Glastonbury that nobody expects.

sabbath might be no more but doubt ozzy will want to call it a day and would jump at the chance (if) given the opportunity 

Ozzy having to change his between song bantz for Glastonbury to a more touchy feely approach from the usual.

"That was Suicide Solution! If you have been effected by any of the lyrics in that song, please visit the Samaritans tent to the left of The Beat Hotel.

This next song is called Children of the Grave!"

18 hours ago, simian_mobile_mushrooms said:

Barry Gibb must be the legends slot then. It's really not that bad in my book. Lionel Ritchie isn't exactly a quality booking, or Dolly, but he'll have the crowd moving like there's no tomorrow!

Would also mean Islands in the Stream getting played in the legend slot four times in five years.

11 minutes ago, addicted2noise said:

http://www.nme.com/news/music/diana-ross-now-unlikely-play-legends-slot-glastonbury-2017-2024074

Wish i could get paid to browse efests too, surprised they've not reported on the fake poster too.

It quotes Somerset Live who definitely follow what's going on on eFests. I'm also intrigued who this Ed ewasSheeran they mention is. 

4 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

It also quotes Robin Gibb, who's been dead for 5 years.

And says The Eagles could do the legend slot despite Don Henley playing solo dates in June and being in Texas on the Thursday. 

And Glenn Frey being dead obviously. 

Why is the NME still a thing?

4 minutes ago, The Nal said:

And says The Eagles could do the legend slot despite Don Henley playing solo dates in June and being in Texas on the Thursday. 

And Glenn Frey being dead obviously. 

Why is the NME still a thing?

they will do it without him

http://www.billboard.com/articles/business/7718203/classic-east-classic-west-festival-lineup-steely-dan-journey-doobie-brothers

If we have to have a Barry in the legends slot can we please make it Manilow rather than Gibb? TBH I'd rather have Barry from the Chuckle Brothers than watch the squeaky-voiced hamster badly singing songs I don't like. At least Manilow would Vegas it up a bit.