Next Announcement 2017 Thread

Gnomicide

6 minutes ago, bennyk said:

quite literally.

In other news, if that flight that left LAX to LHR is the one that FF are on, then according to the flight tracker it lands in 15/20 mins. Anyone at heathrow T3? 

I assumed it had already landed. Didnt realise a flight from LA was so long (also did it not say on that screenshot a few pages back that it was 50 something minutes early).

Speaking of flights to america, a tie break question at last nights pub quiz was - what was the quickest time recorded by a Concorde flight between London and New York? Thought I'd actually try and bring some cold hard facts into this mess of a thread

Just now, mjsell said:

I assumed it had already landed. Didnt realise a flight from LA was so long (also did it not say on that screenshot a few pages back that it was 50 something minutes early).

Speaking of flights to america, a tie break question at last nights pub quiz was - what was the quickest time recorded by a Concorde flight between London and New York? Thought I'd actually try and bring some cold hard facts into this mess of a thread

https://uk.flightaware.com/live/flight/AAL136/history/20170222/0255Z/KLAX/EGLL

thats the link to the tracker

25 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Is that true? He can hold that belief if he wants, I don't really care, but proselytizing at his own gigs sounds like an urban myth. More likely his gig was infiltrated by people who think that, distributed leaflet, and it got pinned on Grohl. Surely.

It wasn't Dave Grohl, it was Nate Mendel (the bass player) as he'd got involved with the Alive & Well charity and became friends with its founder - I assumed the notion that it was Dave was a joke but yeah the band did play a benefit for an AIDS denial charity and listed it as an official charity of the Foo Fighters for a while. Also combined with Taylor Hawkins [still] doing the anti-vacc benefit shows - tho on his tod rather than with the band - they have more history of anti-science than yer average rock band but that blame can't be placed on Dave I don't reckon.

Edited by dentalplan

4 minutes ago, mjsell said:

3hrs 5 minutes?

12 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

well, I've no idea if this rumoured foos show really exists .... but I have just tried to blag tickets for it. :lol:

I'll find out somewhen after today if I might get them - but if I do its on a firm promise to not leak a word.

so I f I asked if you fancied a pint on Friday and you said no you were busy then this would mean one off two things

1. there i s a foo fighters secret gig

2, you don't know me and I am a bit weird so you would have said no anyway, I mean I could be a stalker and cut your hands off, break your ankles and ask you to be my wife now.

15 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

well, I've no idea if this rumoured foos show really exists .... but I have just tried to blag tickets for it. :lol:

I'll find out somewhen after today if I might get them - but if I do its on a firm promise to not leak a word.

ah excellent...so seeing as it was me that started this thing, about the C&G anyway, you'll be DM'ing me shortly about where to meet and share a beer with you and Dave?

only seems fair tbh.

2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I have a small list of three possible locations for a foos show .... tho two (one of which is cheese and grain) claim to know nothing about it.

To be fair without sounding facetious, that's exactly what they would say if they had a secret gig...

I mean they've gone to a lot of trouble to send out these flight tickets and set a time at which those few people find out what's going on, and it'd kind of blow it if the venue just confirmed on twitter before the people with flight tickets found out.

20 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Radiohead fans love it when people say that they don't like Radiohead. It allows them to maintain an exclusive sense of superiority.

This is true. 

Like Ed Begley Jr's go carts, we're powered by a smug sense of self-satisfaction. In fact, because I've read these comments I no longer need to eat lunch, this'll see me through until tea time.