Next Announcement 2017 Thread

Gnomicide

Yeah having read all the last few pages - its screaming something in Someset and not italy. Barring the Vatican city reference there really isnt a case for Italy at all imo. Is there any way 'Vatican City' has a double meaning? I dont know enough about Foos but didnt they do some sort of album/tour to do with various different cities or something

Edited by mjsell

23 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

spot on, the only people in the world that seem to have these are people in the Somerset area, it almost certainly has nothing to do with Italy.

putting "Vatican City" in the code is obviously just a bit of mis-direction.

The venue is in Frome so the Vatican City thing could even be a hint at that tbh.

10 minutes ago, Tommy101 said:

Assuming it is just for an instillation, do they usually ship big props/scenery like that in this early?

I appreciate it has to be stored somewhere and it can't all be last minute but there is still 4 months.

sometimes, yeah. It has to be stored somewhere, and moving it will cost a lot - so if it can go where it's going from the start, that would make the best sense.

12 minutes ago, michael eavis' beard said:

But why choose an airport on an island that's closer to Tunisia than it is to Vatican City?

Just as pertinent to ask would be: why choose a 2nd Italian location at all?

If it's something that's not about italy, it's more likely to be different things than 2 things about Italy, I'd say.

Having said that i do think it's probably something to do with Glasto, but I'm not buying into the cheese and grain thing, that just seems daft.

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

Just as pertinent to ask would be: why choose a 2nd Italian location at all?

If it's something that's not about italy, it's more likely to be different things than 2 things about Italy, I'd say.

Having said that i do think it's probably something to do with Glasto, but I'm not buying into the cheese and grain thing, that just seems daft.

I think the fact there's also an airport called CAG is just a coincidence. Even if the Cheese and Grain thing doesn't happen, I think CAG will be a reference to something else (such as Confirmed At Glastonbury). I doubt they meant to put it in as a second Italian reference.

Anyway, only just over 2 hours until we find out :P