Ticketday: Whats your Internetspeed? Importance?

tullux

1 hour ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Is a 2 second frequency enough time for you to act, switching off the auto-refresh, before it refreshes again? 

You still have the problem that if a booking page takes more than 2 seconds to load, and the loading time often varies on each refresh, then your auto-refresh will do its thing and you will never see the booking page that was just about to load....

The only safe way to be sure you never miss a booing page is to use F5 and allow the page to load before hitting the button to refresh....

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, FestiZebra said:

Can anyone advise what the difference between the refreshinator app and the google chrome refresh extension is? I don't remember there being this much uproar over the browser extensions last year

I think a lot of people don't have an issue with auto-referesh per se, its more the issue with somebody monetising it for their own gain.

4 hours ago, parsonjack said:

You still have the problem that if a booking page takes more than 2 seconds to load, and the loading time often varies on each refresh, then your auto-refresh will do its thing and you will never see the booking page that was just about to load....

The only safe way to be sure you never miss a booing page is to use F5 and allow the page to load before hitting the button to refresh....

Yes agree, thank you. I was considering auto-fresh for one of four devices, so three on manual out of four, come the 4th one will automatic do a better job than me trying to refresh several devices simultaneously? 

3 hours ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Yes agree, thank you. I was considering auto-fresh for one of four devices, so three on manual out of four, come the 4th one will automatic do a better job than me trying to refresh several devices simultaneously? 

So you're planning to manually F5 on 3 devices simultaneously?

I've tried that before and to be honest I'm of the opinion that focusing on one device is actually more effective than trying to run 3.  

1 minute ago, parsonjack said:

So you're planning to manually F5 on 3 devices simultaneously?

I've tried that before and to be honest I'm of the opinion that focusing on one device is actually more effective than trying to run 3.  

I had about 10 to 12 computers on the go once in an IT training centre. Me and my then girlfriend just rushed around the table pressing F5 on each of them in turn hoping that one would let us through. I didn't really know what i was doing then, and haven't really strayed far from that position since.

10 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I had about 10 to 12 computers on the go once in an IT training centre. Me and my then girlfriend just rushed around the table pressing F5 on each of them in turn hoping that one would let us through. I didn't really know what i was doing then, and haven't really strayed far from that position since.

the question is, did you managed to get tickets?

I leave all devices manually refreshing and just refresh on a single device , not failed me yet although ticket competitions and resales and mini resales have worked in the past , 2 tips, keep going untill tickets are sold /purchased and dont get distracted by other things , and dont give up untill after the last sales / competitions end in june , number 14 coming up fingers crossed

29 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

The Crazyfool setup

IMG_0879.JPG

I see the apple symbol on that system.....didn't you know they've decided to disable the refresh option on any system using one of their devices....apparently refreshing a page is old technology what you now to do is shout `refresh motherfucker` at the screen until it decides its done fiddling with its manbun and it has time to carry out this function for you.........its the future and we all have to deal with it......relax though, their releasing an adaptor the day after tickets sell out :P

1 hour ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

I manually refresh on 4 PCs and a phone in theory. In practice that means the phone gets two refreshes and then forgotten, and 2 PCs get manually refreshed, and 2 sit and do the 20 second countdown.But that is presuming you can actually get on the 20 second countdown page. 

So yeah it does tend to end up being just 2 devices with 4 browsers on each

I'd actually kind of forgotten there's a step before getting onto the 20 second countdown page. That scares me.

12 minutes ago, majormajormajor said:

If you're getting low latency/RTD to the See server(s) then theoretically you can hit the server(s) more than a high latency link, and therefore have a higher chance of getting a slot.

Not really relevant to get a higher speed link, although it's always better to have a higher speed internet link for other reasons.

is there a way to test your latency to a particular site? the only tools I can find seem to be more for the website itself to test from various servers and locations

Edited by waterfalls212434

19 minutes ago, waterfalls212434 said:

is there a way to test your latency to a particular site? the only tools I can find seem to be more for the website itself to test from various servers and locations

On Windows you can use ping from a command prompt. If you want to see the path to that site (and where any delay is) you can use tracert ("trace route")

8 minutes ago, Wellyboot said:

I feel sick!

I am so nervous! Sorted out all of our groups luckily we have had one drop out so now have 2 groups of 6 still bricking it though!

Same here! We've never failed in the past though (it should be said I've personally never ever got through so I'm glad there's a few of us!)

Good luck for tomorrow / Sunday (after we've got ours obviously :P )

2 minutes ago, Room to sway said:

Same here! We've never failed in the past though (it should be said I've personally never ever got through so I'm glad there's a few of us!)

Good luck for tomorrow / Sunday (after we've got ours obviously :P )

Same! We've never failed yet, but I think that makes me feel MORE nervous!

I wish you the best of luck too!! And everyone else on here!!

ALSO... I am available to help anyone trying tomorrow! :)

1 hour ago, majormajormajor said:

If you're getting low latency/RTD to the See server(s) then theoretically you can hit the server(s) more than a high latency link, and therefore have a higher chance of getting a slot.

While that's all true, unless you've got a genuinely terrible connection the difference in latency will be so small that most people wouldn't even spot it and so while there technically will be an effect on chances, it'll be absolutely miniscule. To the extent that in the best case, the cumulative effect probably equals one or two extra refreshes across the entire sale period.