NFR NFC 2017 - The friendly thread for lovely people

Quark

2 hours ago, dirtymookie said:

Beautiful mate, there-in lies the inspiration.

I'd love to be of some assistance to help you and your other half to get tickets this year if I can? Really hoping to build up the confidence to go to the meet this time and would be a pleasure to have a drink with your good selves as part of that!

Hello dirtymookie,

Thank you for offering help in getting me tickets. I'll take you up on the offer if I may. Will contact you during the week with the registration, bank details etc. 

Please, please, please with pretty bells on go to the efests meet up. I've done it twice now and it's been great hooking up with fellow efesters. You really will be missing a trick on the  Wednesday evening if you don't. If you don't have the confidence to go on your own, then maybe we could hook up before hand, and we can go there together. Honestly, if you knew what it's like then you would have no fear. Everybody's in the same boat and it really is a non threatening environment. 

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone, hope you're all having a good weekend :)

Today, we've updated our glasto packing list. Thanks to the fact I'll be getting a crew parking pass, and the fact I'm arriving on the Monday, while Mrs gumby and the boy arrive on weds, it should be fairly easy on the shoulders this year :)

9 weeks, people! Just 9 weeks!

3 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello dirtymookie,

Thank you for offering help in getting me tickets. I'll take you up on the offer if I may. Will contact you during the week with the registration, bank details etc. 

Please, please, please with pretty bells on go to the efests meet up. I've done it twice now and it's been great hooking up with fellow efesters. You really will be missing a trick on the  Wednesday evening if you don't. If you don't have the confidence to go on your own, then maybe we could hook up before hand, and we can go there together. Honestly, if you knew what it's like then you would have no fear. Everybody's in the same boat and it really is a non threatening environment. 

Hiya yog,

I'd love to help in any way I could!

As for the meet, I was there two years ago, sat about ten feet away and just didn't get the gumption up to say hi! All me, not down to expectations of anybody else or anything. Just a self-confidence issue! Maybe a meet up before hand would be good mate! Have a lot of affinity with other people's online personas on here and know I would get along with a fair few people but still.... Issues is issues!! 

41 minutes ago, dirtymookie said:

Hiya yog,

As for the meet, I was there two years ago, sat about ten feet away and just didn't get the gumption up to say hi! All me, not down to expectations of anybody else or anything. Just a self-confidence issue! Maybe a meet up before hand would be good mate! Have a lot of affinity with other people's online personas on here and know I would get along with a fair few people but still.... Issues is issues!! 

No worries dirtymookie. If I get tickets on Sunday then we can arrange to meet up beforehand. Such a shame you didn't take the leap of faith two years ago though, because I know you'd have enjoyed it. The trick, to my mind, is have a few drinks and maybe a little something else beforehand and then rock up. I can confirm that none of these people bite. Or at least, not to my knowledge. There's really no need for issues is issues. :)

25 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

No worries dirtymookie. If I get tickets on Sunday then we can arrange to meet up beforehand. Such a shame you didn't take the leap of faith two years ago though, because I know you'd have enjoyed it. The trick, to my mind, is have a few drinks and maybe a little something else beforehand and then rock up. I can confirm that none of these people bite. Or at least, not to my knowledge. There's really no need for issues is issues. :)

I'll be there with bells on mate, with a little something else to share too! Make sure to pm your details and I'll do my best f5 work for you both dude. Will you be trying on Thursday too? 

33 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Yep, sounds good to me. 

Small scale pre meet up sounds like a plan!

Hope you're feeling OK today @lucyginger

I have had the most amazing weekend! We travelled up to the festival site from Brighton on Friday, and rented an Airbnb from the main landowner of the festival - they own most of the land and they have a little cottage they rent slap bang in the middle - it's right by Silver Hayes and Oxlyers. 

We walked round the site every single day and only just got home this afternoon. It's made me fall in love with the place even more.

It was really strange seeing it without all the tents, and we kept losing our bearings and having to get the festival map out.

Smoked a fatty by the stone circle, chatted to some locals, and saw Michael's landrover parked up on the railway track, but sadly didn't get to meet the man himself :(

All the Permaculture team arrived while we were there and have started the build. 

Apart from that, it's very quiet! I will post some pics in a new thread tomorrow, took heaps of photos :)

Can't wait to get back there in 9 weeks and hopefully meet all of you!

33 minutes ago, dirtymookie said:

Hiya yog,

No idea if this will help, @dirtymookie, but I've been where you are (roughly). I've struggled with an anxiety disorder, on and off, for about 5 years. It makes meeting new people pretty daunting. In 2014 I went to glasto solo, so I really pushed myself to get out there and meet people, as I felt that if I didn't, I would have a fairly lonely, shit time. The highlight of my weekend was meeting up with the nfr bunch, and that really isn't an exaggeration. There was some great music, theatre, weird goings on, and some fantastic randoms I chatted to, but this lot made the festival for me. It was the first time I'd met any of them in person, but it was like a gathering of old friends when I got there. I really hope I'll see you there this year :)

1 hour ago, mr gumby said:

No idea if this will help, @dirtymookie, but I've been where you are (roughly). I've struggled with an anxiety disorder, on and off, for about 5 years. It makes meeting new people pretty daunting. In 2014 I went to glasto solo, so I really pushed myself to get out there and meet people, as I felt that if I didn't, I would have a fairly lonely, shit time. The highlight of my weekend was meeting up with the nfr bunch, and that really isn't an exaggeration. There was some great music, theatre, weird goings on, and some fantastic randoms I chatted to, but this lot made the festival for me. It was the first time I'd met any of them in person, but it was like a gathering of old friends when I got there. I really hope I'll see you there this year :)

Thanks for your kind words @mr gumby. I've always struggled with that whole situation of walking into a room full of strangers. You should be well proud of yourself doing the fest on your own dude!

I'm gonna do everything in my power to grow a pair and take that step. There's a list of names as long as my arm I'd love to say hello to from here. In the sun of course!

Hello! Today I have felt terrible on waking, had about fourteen coffees and a word with myself, went to sainsburys, then a very good friends child's first birthday party, accidentally got a bit drunk, came home, cooked a roast, and am now back in my jammies, watching shit tv and having a cider. Sorted. 

Talking of the efests meet, I haven't been before but will be there this year! I can heartily recommend the NFR meet, it's all booze and talking nonsense and really really lovely. One of my best times at Glastonbury was a couple of years ago, met everyone from NFR, and had a smashing night. 

Apologies for the waffle. Still a bit drunk and now topping up! :)

21 minutes ago, dirtymookie said:

Thanks for your kind words @mr gumby. I've always struggled with that whole situation of walking into a room full of strangers. You should be well proud of yourself doing the fest on your own dude!

I'm gonna do everything in my power to grow a pair and take that step. There's a list of names as long as my arm I'd love to say hello to from here. In the sun of course!

I think the main reason I decided to go ahead with going solo was that I got a place working. It means that for at least 6 hours a day, you're part of a team, so you have people to chat with, which helps you through the work. Not sure I would've gone, if I'd been a general punter that year. I also got involved with a solo campers group on here, and although I didn't camp with them (as I was already set up in the crew field), I met people as they arrived on the Wednesday morning, and helped them put their tents up etc, which gave me a bit of pride in helping other solo campers.

As others have said, maybe meeting one or two people in advance might be a good plan.

24 minutes ago, lucyginger said:

Talking of the efests meet, I haven't been before but will be there this year! I can heartily recommend the NFR meet, it's all booze and talking nonsense and really really lovely. One of my best times at Glastonbury was a couple of years ago, met everyone from NFR, and had a smashing night. 

And then, the following year, you got overexcited and fell on a wheelbarrow. Silly Lucy! :D

Hey folks, I hope everyone has had a great weekend. @Skoo sounds like you had a lovely trip to the farm. Look forward to seeing the photos. :) It's been a pretty busy weekend for me, all day Saturday and Sunday setting up a new fish tank and today I had to drive I've to County Durham and back. Out for a few pints at the minute. Is anybody on here trying for coach tickets on Thursday by the way? I'm available to help if anybody needs any.:)

Shaun.

2 minutes ago, MilkyJoe said:

Hey folks, I hope everyone has had a great weekend. @Skoo sounds like you had a lovely trip to the farm. Look forward to seeing the photos. :) It's been a pretty busy weekend for me, all day Saturday and Sunday setting up a new fish tank and today I had to drive I've to County Durham and back. Out for a few pints at the minute. Is anybody on here trying for coach tickets on Thursday by the way? I'm available to help if anybody needs any.:)

Shaun.

Are you just trying for general tickets MJ? You should come and say hello neighbour. :)

Hey there neighbour!:) I may be up in Windermere later this week, I'll try and pop by and say hi! Yes I'll only be trying for general. I thought about the coach but to be honest there's no easy pickups from around here unfortunately. I also had a bit of bad news this week, after what seems like a very short time off work I'll be heading back out to the Middle East next Monday and it looks like I'll be travelling home on the 21st June. This means if I'm lucky in the resale I won't be able to travel down to Somerset until the Thursday which I'm pretty gutted about as Wednesday is my favourite day.:(it's not set in stone yet but it's not looking good. Still, I'd take missing a day every year if I get a ticket!

4 hours ago, dirtymookie said:

I'll be there with bells on mate, with a little something else to share too! Make sure to pm your details and I'll do my best f5 work for you both dude. Will you be trying on Thursday too? 

No, not trying for Thursday. It's shit or bust on Sunday. I'll get in touch in a few days time with all the details, and  thanks for your help on this. By the way, my wife isn't going - it's her brother I am also trying to get a ticket for. I thought I also had two other efesters on the list but that hasn't panned out now. Will have to see if I can get another two efesters in to my group. It's all a little chaotic to be honest. 

Hi all, had a lovely time in the Lakes if a little rainy!

@H.M.V next time I will pop in and say hello, you're very lucky to have the delicious gingerbread vodka there, it's stupidly tasty so much so, that we drank it all at the campsite. But delicious non the less. Not the best weather but Windermere is lovely for a Kayak on despite the rain! Beautiful part of the UK!

I intend to make the meets this year - both hopefully. 

Hope everyone had a lovely weekend!