NFR NFC 2017 - The friendly thread for lovely people

Quark

11 minutes ago, dirtymookie said:

Out of up votes, lovely post this mate.  

No worries - I've up voted you instead. :)

It really is a reminder that compassion and integrity still exist the world over. It's also helped me make a decision. I'm getting a little tired of being a selfish hedonistic bastard. I used to help others less fortunate. I've really got to make inroads in to that area again.

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

No worries - I've up voted you instead. :)

It really is a reminder that compassion and integrity still exist the world over. It's also helped me make a decision. I'm getting a little tired of being a selfish hedonistic bastard. I used to help others less fortunate. I've really got to make inroads in to that area again.

Lovely idea dude! Sometimes it's easy to forget how many beautiful people there are, especially more recently, isn't it mate? 

I don't always comment very often, even though I'm always here, and I always love reading your posts, you're a very inspiring character @Yoghurt on a Stick.

1 hour ago, dirtymookie said:

Lovely idea dude! Sometimes it's easy to forget how many beautiful people there are, especially more recently, isn't it mate? 

I don't always comment very often, even though I'm always here, and I always love reading your posts, you're a very inspiring character @Yoghurt on a Stick.

Yes, it's easy to get washed along with the crap that those with a vested interest in maintaining the status quo feed to us. We've always got to remember that the majority of people in the world are, as you say, beautiful people. How we've allowed the minority to fuck us over and rob us I'll never know.

With regard to your second sentence, I'm happy to hear that you like reading my posts. I'm not sure how I could be classed as inspiring though, other than to, possibly, represent the very thing one shouldn't be inspired by.

8 minutes ago, bamber said:

I'm not quite sure that this is appropriate, it is a peculiarly complex relationship for sure...

Hello bamber,

I tried to upvote you for this, but have ran out of up votes. This is one of my favourite all time tracks. In my youth I used to play this at the highest level my tape recorder (remember those) used to go, about 3 or 4 times before I went out to meet my mates for some underage drinking. I still can't make out half of what he is saying, but it still brings out the old goose bumps with it's passion.

1 minute ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello bamber,

I tried to upvote you for this, but have ran out of up votes. This is one of my favourite all time tracks. In my youth I used to play this at the highest level my tape recorder (remember those) used to go, about 3 or 4 times before I went out to meet my mates for some underage drinking. I still can't make out half of what he is saying, but it still brings out the old goose bumps with it's passion.

If you or I got to half of what was being said here, we'd likely be household names by now.

Just now, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Probably just as well that I remain ignorant then. I think. 

I'm not normally a fan of anti-intellectualism. In this case I make an exception. Give it to the Moment (Pushing)

7 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Yes, it's easy to get washed along with the crap that those with a vested interest in maintaining the status quo feed to us. We've always got to remember that the majority of people in the world are, as you say, beautiful people. How we've allowed the minority to fuck us over and rob us I'll never know.

With regard to your second sentence, I'm happy to hear that you like reading my posts. I'm not sure how I could be classed as inspiring though, other than to, possibly, represent the very thing one shouldn't be inspired by.

It certainly is baffling how things have turned into the shitstorm it currently is. Really quite depressing. 

The inspiration comes from how you deal with your struggles and still have the positive and refreshing attitude you do. Exactly the thing one should aspire to be! 

Anyway, that's just my opinion mate, keep it up!

24 minutes ago, dirtymookie said:

It certainly is baffling how things have turned into the shitstorm it currently is. Really quite depressing. 

The inspiration comes from how you deal with your struggles and still have the positive and refreshing attitude you do. Exactly the thing one should aspire to be! 

Anyway, that's just my opinion mate, keep it up!

Morning dirtymookie,

Thanks for the explanation. If I'm honest, I didn't have a positive attitude years ago. I used to be a bit all gloom and doom. The reason for that was because deep down I was truly unhappy. I used to fight a constant battle with depression. Then two things happened. The first was that I eventually found (via my doctor) the right anti-depressant for me. Then after a psychotic incident where I was seeing and talking to people that didn't exist I was prescribed an anti-psychotic. Both these medications have stabilised me. Sometimes I forget to take them and I have a wobble and turn in to somebody I am not. 

The second thing which happened to me was meeting my wife. Although I'd had three long term relationships before, I've never felt so happy to be with someone as I do daily with her. I really do feel that as long as she's by my side then I can take all the shit that the world throws at me / us. If we end up sleeping in a cardboard box on the street then it really doesn't matter, as long as she's there by my side. It's been some years since either of us had a proper job and being out of the rat race has helped provide me with a different perspective on life. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to go down the pan, it's just that I now realise that on my death bed I want to be able to look back on the love, friendships and experiences that I've had in my life as opposed to what I have materially achieved. :)

7 minutes ago, lucyginger said:

Yog that's beautiful! You're such a lovely person :) 

I finally slept, hooray! Now I need to be sensible and do things like leave the house. Eek! Happy extra day off, everyone!

Good luck with leaving the house lucy. I know that feeling when you've been on one and going in to the outside world is a scary thought. All good practice for Suicide Tuesday after Glastonbury. :)

23 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Good luck with leaving the house lucy. I know that feeling when you've been on one and going in to the outside world is a scary thought. All good practice for Suicide Tuesday after Glastonbury. :)

Thanks! Yes it is a bit daunting, plenty of coffee and I should be ok! 

1 hour ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Morning dirtymookie,

Thanks for the explanation. If I'm honest, I didn't have a positive attitude years ago. I used to be a bit all gloom and doom. The reason for that was because deep down I was truly unhappy. I used to fight a constant battle with depression. Then two things happened. The first was that I eventually found (via my doctor) the right anti-depressant for me. Then after a psychotic incident where I was seeing and talking to people that didn't exist I was prescribed an anti-psychotic. Both these medications have stabilised me. Sometimes I forget to take them and I have a wobble and turn in to somebody I am not. 

The second thing which happened to me was meeting my wife. Although I'd had three long term relationships before, I've never felt so happy to be with someone as I do daily with her. I really do feel that as long as she's by my side then I can take all the shit that the world throws at me / us. If we end up sleeping in a cardboard box on the street then it really doesn't matter, as long as she's there by my side. It's been some years since either of us had a proper job and being out of the rat race has helped provide me with a different perspective on life. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to go down the pan, it's just that I now realise that on my death bed I want to be able to look back on the love, friendships and experiences that I've had in my life as opposed to what I have materially achieved. :)

Beautiful mate, there-in lies the inspiration.

I'd love to be of some assistance to help you and your other half to get tickets this year if I can? Really hoping to build up the confidence to go to the meet this time and would be a pleasure to have a drink with your good selves as part of that!