Rock Werchter 2017

Red Day

2 hours ago, McCallion said:

Remember when this forum used to be a super positive place with nobody throwing cheap shots at people? A bit ironic that you have a go at people for hating on The Chainsmokers and not being open minded enough, but you say bands "suck ass" that you yourself said you'd never listened to a month ago. 

Just try to keep putting positive vibes out mate. This forum isn't a place for taking the piss of other users

The werchter thread has always been a friendly, positive thread.  It still is to be honest, we've always helped each other out on travel, how to get there and the set up etc etc. 

It's very very rare on this thread that you get a negative guy, pretty much just like the festival itself.

One bad egg and all that.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, thewayiam said:

I'm not knocking them for that. I'm fairly sure the comment for TITP was based on atmosphere etc at the fest, and to be honest back then there isn't many on here that were previous T attendees that would disagree with that.

TITP waa actually a decent festival at one point. Then they started booking utter shite every year. It's now no longer a festival. Chenge of location a big factor but boring loyal attendees with the same bands every year didn't help

1 hour ago, thetime said:

The werchter thread has always been a friendly, positive thread.  It still is to be honest, we've always helped each other out on travel, how to get there and the set up etc etc. 

It's very very rare on this thread that you get a negative guy, pretty much just like the festival itself.

One bad egg and all that.

This is still one of the most positive threads. We really should have efests meet at the festival. 

Edited by Red Day

Some belgians who chat on local forum's are very optimistic about the potential addition of The Killers. Actually, they remembered theireself the late announce of Monster and men and Prodigy in 2015, The National in 2013, Paul MacCartney and Makelmore in 2016 and Kings of Leon in 2014... All of them were announced the Friday before the holiday carnival. So, let's keep dreaming. I want the Hives too, they are so incredible.

2 hours ago, Blurmayer said:

Actually Low Roar are from Iceland 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Low_Roar_(album)

I've never heard of this band.....

2 hours ago, SilverLining said:

I know forums are a place for discussion but I also sometimes wish you could mute people...

Hoping for a few more electronic based live acts in the next announcement.. Moderat, Hot Chip, Pendulum, Soulwax or something similar although I know many are ruled out.

Electro music is not really my thing but RW always has quite a few electro bands and I'm guessing this year will be no different.......

11 hours ago, Gossard said:

You say the hype Arcade Fire gets isn't warranted, have you seen them live? I wasn't really into their music until I saw them at Rock Werchter in 2010, one of the best shows I've ever seen...

But you're entiteled to your opinion, no worries....but don't expect us to agree with you and your negativity!

Respect that comment .. perhaps I will watch a few mins and see where it takes me

9 hours ago, Red Day said:

TITP waa actually a decent festival at one point. Then they started booking utter shite every year. It's now no longer a festival. Chenge of location a big factor but boring loyal attendees with the same bands every year didn't help

That was ultimately my point, I did go in 2013 so time I'd have been talking about was the 3/4 years before that. I'll agree I was hoping for better top end on main stages when I went but that being said, having acts I wants to see scattered low to high across all the stages made it so I got to get around all the areas. The campsite banter was as good as anything.

7 hours ago, jlillycrop said:

Can I also point out that Paul McCartney wasn't announced until Mid-Feb last year...? 

Not suggesting anything, just don't think bigger named acts should be completely ruled out. 

Paul McCartney stepped in after Pearl Jam bailed out and the whole Thursday was on hold because of that. Its not the case this year but RW will announce some more big acts. On the other hand I'm not sure it will be as big as the Killers. 

9 hours ago, Red Day said:

I used to go to titp back in the day,  went to about 10 on the trot. Atmosphere was always good, although the weather was dodgy....

It's a shame connect festival didn't take off up there. That festival was in a beautiful place, some lovely scenery and interesting lineups. First one had beastie boys, Bjork and primal scream headlining.

22 minutes ago, e2p2 said:

Paul McCartney stepped in after Pearl Jam bailed out and the whole Thursday was on hold because of that. Its not the case this year but RW will announce some more big acts. On the other hand I'm not sure it will be as big as the Killers. 

True. The wednesday seperate announcements are new though, so if they're continuing those, they might still have some bigger names up their sleeve. 

19 minutes ago, thetime said:

I used to go to titp back in the day,  went to about 10 on the trot. Atmosphere was always good, although the weather was dodgy....

It's a shame connect festival didn't take off up there. That festival was in a beautiful place, some lovely scenery and interesting lineups. First one had beastie boys, Bjork and primal scream headlining.

Connect seemed a great concept but it waa in middle of nowhere and pretty difficult to get to.  Some quality acts played during its short existence

6 minutes ago, thetime said:

You would imagine the killers/kasabian will they, won't they will be resolved once pukkelpop gets announced.

That can't be to far away.

Kasabian is ruled out for Pukkelpop because they're playing in Japan then. So, only RW left, can't see them playing an other festival in Belgium.

Edited by DaveRSV4

Personally happy with line up so far but would like a few more additions that would keep the friends I'm heading with pleased too.....

So a bit less complaining and a bit more predicting please! Hit me with the names of some bands you genuinely think could still be announced, big or small.

17 minutes ago, DiscothequeDave said:

It's a very very strong line up this year. That doesn't necessarily mean it's a good one though. All about personal taste.

This pretty much. A fest can name 7 big bands but if they don't cater for you much then you wom't jump on the bandwagon. 

12 minutes ago, jonnyf said:

Tickets booked. Very happy with the line up so far but I would like to Biffy Clyro, Frank Carter, Run The Jewels, Pendulum, Rancid, The Virginmarys and Seasick Steve added in future announcements.

Wouldn't we all, I couldn't question it if so.

Pretty happy with this announcement aswell... I haven't listened to The Kills or Kaleo before but I was instantly sold. I don't feel like there will be many more rock acts announced.... but correct me if I am wrong. I think that they are going to pad out the Klub C and Barn lineups now.

I really hope they announce The Killers and/or Kasabian.... Are The xx/Biffy likely seems like they fit into so many other lineups.