Rock Werchter 2017

Red Day

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

44 minutes ago, pabsnesiac said:

Hey guys,

Just tried to buy a Tipi at the Hive Resort only to find they´re sold out. I think I´ll have to settle for an Army Tent, has anyone been to one of those? Are they any good?

Thanks!

Give a look in the previous pages there are some pics.

12 minutes ago, BlockRockinBeats said:

Extremely ambitious but Green Day are still free on dates around RW, but are in UK.

No chance of them being joint with Foos on the Sunday?

Would be epic, but wildly unrealistic probably.

Absolutely no chance. They are more expensive than Foos...

I've got a feeling that something surprising is coming... The same surprise we're talking about on the InMusic Festival and BKS threads... Tomorrow we could get an answer.. And Rock Werchter sometimes announce a big name on wednesday afternoon... Who else feels it ?

26 minutes ago, Tremousse said:

I've got a feeling that something surprising is coming... The same surprise we're talking about on the InMusic Festival and BKS threads... Tomorrow we could get an answer.. And Rock Werchter sometimes announce a big name on wednesday afternoon... Who else feels it ?

I suspect QOTSA might announce something soon?

But you have to wonder how big it can be with headliners filled? Does there seem to be a buzz over a few festivals about a surprise package then? 

I think the situation with The Killers is the same as Arcade Fire and Radiohead in 2016. They were also in Europe around Werchter but did only a few dates in other countries. There will be much more hype around The Killers in 2018 with the new album so Werchter can book them as headliners with a band like Queens of the Stone Age as sub.

1 minute ago, Finge said:

I think the situation with The Killers is the same as Arcade Fire and Radiohead in 2016. They were also in Europe around Werchter but did only a few dates in other countries. There will be much more hype around The Killers in 2018 with the new album so Werchter can book them as headliners with a band like Queens of the Stone Age as sub.

I think it'll be the other way around. The Killers have never been a headliner  at Werchter and their popularity hasn't increased. A new album won't change that. Qotsa is also bringing out a new album and were brilliant headlining Pukkelpop 2014.

5 minutes ago, DaveRSV4 said:

I think it'll be the other way around. The Killers have never been a headliner  at Werchter and their popularity hasn't increased. A new album won't change that. Qotsa is also bringing out a new album and were brilliant headlining Pukkelpop 2014.

Are qotsa a werchter headliner though? Probably at the same level as the killers in Belgium. 

Although miles better.

2 minutes ago, thetime said:

Are qotsa a werchter headliner though? Probably at the same level as the killers in Belgium. 

Although miles better.

They weren't in the past, but since their last visit at werchter, QOTQA produced a great album (hope the next one will even be better) and sold out the sportpaleis (belgium's biggest indoor arena which could host, at that time, about 18000) and headlined PKP. Their star is "rising", you could say.

The Killer's last album and status (in Belgium)...well, you know... ;)

10 minutes ago, DaveRSV4 said:

They weren't in the past, but since their last visit at werchter, QOTQA produced a great album (hope the next one will even be better) and sold out the sportpaleis (belgium's biggest indoor arena which could host, at that time, about 18000) and headlined PKP. Their star is "rising", you could say.

The Killer's last album and status (in Belgium)...well, you know... ;)

Fair play, they certainly deserve to be headlining.

1 hour ago, Apocalyptica said:

Sorry my bad. But they can easily play on 30th or 2nd because most of these big bands are playing 3 to 4 live shows in a row. 

"Easily" is stretching it quite a bit. I'd say the possibility of any big band playing Finland -> Belgium -> Sweden in three days is not existing. DJ's or smaller acts might be able to do it. Finland -> Day off -> Sweden -> Belgium is a whole other story and will be the case with The Killers, if they're booked for Rock Werchter.

I think the pattern for big bands over the last couple of years has been they're trying to avoid doing three shows in a row unless it's geographically close. Still, Bring Me The Horizon played Roskilde -> Bråvalla -> Werchter -> Provinssirock in a row last year. Even with just playing one hour-sets, I can only imagine how exhausting it must have been at the end.

Edited by jacjens

1 hour ago, jacjens said:

"Easily" is stretching it quite a bit. I'd say the possibility of any big band playing Finland -> Belgium -> Sweden in three days is not existing. DJ's or smaller acts might be able to do it. Finland -> Day off -> Sweden -> Belgium is a whole other story and will be the case with The Killers, if they're booked for Rock Werchter.

I think the pattern for big bands over the last couple of years has been they're trying to avoid doing three shows in a row unless it's geographically close. Still, Bring Me The Horizon played Roskilde -> Bråvalla -> Werchter -> Provinssirock in a row last year. Even with just playing one hour-sets, I can only imagine how exhausting it must have been at the end.

... yeah it must be hard working four hours in four days ... what a dream that would be 

1 hour ago, jacjens said:

BMTH had to cancel that last one after playing Werchter as Oli Sykes voice was gubbed

I've been to a whole bunch of camping festivals in the uk and a couple abroad, but I have some n00b questions about this fest if anyone would be kind enough to care to share some info?

- How early do camping tickets usually sell out? (we talking very soon, june ish, or unlikely to sell out?)

- average age, is it anything goes like glasto, teens and a bit of early 20s like reading, or a lot of 20-40's like download?

- After hours, I guess music on stages ends around midnight? are there any tents, silent discos, or anything going on when that shuts? 

- Reading has a good fb group for people who go/camp alone to meetup, anyone got a clue if this has anything? (no idea if i can get people to go yet)

- And finally are there any unique pros or cons about this festival compared to others? weird drinking exclusions/regs, good/bad security, amazing things to do there, good guy/girl ratio etc?

thanks all!