Rock Werchter 2017

Red Day

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

43 minutes ago, Dietediet said:

I figure we can rule out The Lumineers. Supporting U2 in New Jersey on 28 June, playing Bravalla (Finland) on the 29th and Roskilde on the 1st of July. Then going to Switzerland on 3 July. That's already a murderous touring schedule without RW in the mix. 

Wow they are heroes ! I hope they'll come !

28 minutes ago, Gossard said:

The Killers announced for Tinderbox in Denmark the weekend before RW. I'd like to have them, they were quite good in 2009....

I would be happy if they join the lineup too. 

3 minutes ago, Skankhunt42 said:

Sorry why does that rule him out?

When another festival in Belgium announce an international act before RW does,  it means that this act won't play in RW.

Been thinking about doing rock werchter for years now. Think will have to make this year a reality. I think this would be a pretty cool lineup:

Thursday

The Weeknd, Arcade Fire, Kings of Leon, Imagine Dragons, Foals, Enter Shikari, The Naked and Famous

Prophets of Rage

Friday

Radiohead, Kasabian, The National, Phoenix, Royal Blood, Flogging Molly, Anderson Paak & the Free Radicals

Die Antwoord

Saturday

Linkin Park, System of a Down, Blink 182, Frank Ocean, The Hives, Jimmy Eat World, Slaves

Elbow

Sunday

Foo Fighters, Pixies, Franz Ferdinand, Biffy Clyro, Gogol Bordello, The Kills, Blood Red Shoes

Alt J

Thoughts?

Just now, SOAD said:

Been thinking about doing rock werchter for years now. Think will have to make this year a reality. I think this would be a pretty cool lineup:

Thursday

The Weeknd, Arcade Fire, Kings of Leon, Imagine Dragons, Foals, Enter Shikari, The Naked and Famous

Prophets of Rage

Friday

Radiohead, Kasabian, The National, Phoenix, Royal Blood, Flogging Molly, Anderson Paak & the Free Radicals

Die Antwoord

Saturday

Linkin Park, System of a Down, Blink 182, Frank Ocean, The Hives, Jimmy Eat World, Slaves

Elbow

Sunday

Foo Fighters, Pixies, Franz Ferdinand, Biffy Clyro, Gogol Bordello, The Kills, Blood Red Shoes

Alt J

Thoughts?

I would buy tickets quicker than I can say "This is way too good to be true"... How can a single festival afford to have such fantastic bands, when places like Reading and Leeds cost about the same but only have a small percentage of great acts like these?

58 minutes ago, Apocalyptica said:

I already bought tickets. I'm coming all the way from India. Is anyone from Belgium here?

Tell me what to do there and where to stay and what to see and stuff like that. Help out please.  

Its sickkkk man ... you won't regret it ... just get right on it basically ... ad no whatsapp group sounds pretty gay tbh.

1 hour ago, stefcia said:

I would buy tickets quicker than I can say "This is way too good to be true"... How can a single festival afford to have such fantastic bands, when places like Reading and Leeds cost about the same but only have a small percentage of great acts like these?

Youve listed basically half the bands that were there in 2015 ... I don't see why they wild all come back so soon ... get tickets now killers blatantly announced on Friday which isn't on the list above !

Rock werchter won best major festival at european festival awards. Good change after all the eastern european festivals winning in the last years(I have nothing against opener and and exit, but untold winning last year's award on its debut was too much). The procedure was changed and the jury counted as 3/4 of the ranking points and the votes counted for 1/4 (last year it was the other way around)

28 minutes ago, Skankhunt42 said:

Oh dont get on your moral high horse and take it out of context ... why don't you start a whatsapp group about it if you bruise that easily !!!

I have no interest in this whatsapp group, I don't even know what it is. But please don't use the word gay as it's something bad, it's insulting. If not liking it when people downgrade certain group of our society and asking them to stop it is being on a "moral high horse" then so be it.......

31 minutes ago, neacaisa said:

Rock werchter won best major festival at european festival awards. Good change after all the eastern european festivals winning in the last years(I have nothing against opener and and exit, but untold winning last year's award on its debut was too much). The procedure was changed and the jury counted as 3/4 of the ranking points and the votes counted for 1/4 (last year it was the other way around)

I really wouldn't take much notice of awards a festivals 

8 minutes ago, SoLoCo said:

When do we reckon we'll see some more acts announced? If i'm correct the first load of announcements came out weekly on Thursdays, anybody think we could hear anything today? 

It's normally 4pm in central europe  on a Friday.  3pm here in the UK.  Hopefully get announcement tomorrow afternoon.