The state of the ground

Sawdusty surfer

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, lucyginger said:

Yup, got soaked, it felt like it would never stop, then Sunday it was factor 50 weather :)

Ugh. I don't think I've ever been as soaked as I was during U2. I was wet through, even in my waterproofs. Not sure if have stayed if it had been pretty much any other band, but I loved it. 

By teatime on Sunday I was so sunburned I couldn't carry my bag over my shoulder without wincing...

Edited by pie_and_a_pint

Imagine come Tuesday afternoon when the majority of the bit tractors, lorries etc have set up the site they will get the wet spots covered with wood chips to soak it up, especially in high volume areas like the main gates and links between stages

As long as rain holds off around Wednesday morning through the big crowds coming in the site should be ok. But muddy in places but far from the end of the world being predicted 

13 minutes ago, phil the shrew said:

Imagine come Tuesday afternoon when the majority of the bit tractors, lorries etc have set up the site they will get the wet spots covered with wood chips to soak it up, especially in high volume areas like the main gates and links between stages

As long as rain holds off around Wednesday morning through the big crowds coming in the site should be ok. But muddy in places but far from the end of the world being predicted 

Ooh, I like the smell of those woodchips. It's like a garden centre. 

35 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

hey james old son i know you not too mobile at mo but youll know better than most ....wots the frigging site like ???

Ok, not so good. Due to today's weather,  it looks like almost all of the water had very slowly sunk into the ground rather than evaporating.  much more on top of this won't bode well.

The vast majority of crews are now running late.

All stallholders are to be towed into place tomorrow, to prevent bogged down vehicle logjams. 

Hoards of giant tractors arrived today. 

Not enough crew showers.

Exhausted. 

2 minutes ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

Ok, not so good. Due to today's weather,  it looks like almost all of the water had very slowly sunk into the ground rather than evaporating.  much more on top of this won't bode well.

All stallholders are to be towed into place tomorrow, to prevent bogged down vehicle logjams. 

Not enough crew showers.

Exhausted. 

Mmm. Not good. Thanks to everyone working in these conditions to build it all for us, just a shame we'll all trash the site when we turn up with 100,000's feet tearing up waterlogged ground.

6 minutes ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

Not enough crew showers.

Exhausted. 

Hope things improve for you over the next few days, can't be easy coping with that on top of your injuries!

i wonder how CVE fields are ahead of the Tuesday arrivals...

11 minutes ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

Not enough crew showers.

Exhausted. 

In a word: bollocks. :sorry:

10 minutes ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

Not enough crew showers.

Exhausted. 

Sounds stressful and knackering. Thanks for taking the time to update us after such a long day. 

Looks like tomorrow's rainfall levels will make or break this years festival conditions 

5 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

Sounds stressful and knackering. Thanks for taking the time to update us after such a long day. 

Looks like tomorrow's rainfall levels will make or break this years festival conditions 

Sounds like it's already broke to be fair.

17 minutes ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

Not enough crew showers.

Exhausted. 

Goodness I hope you've found somewhere dry to go now and have some well deserved chill time. I hope it dries up for you soon. You and all of the rest of the crew and doing a marvellous job for the lucky golden ticket holders. 

5 minutes ago, stopwn1981 said:

Sounds like it's already broke to be fair.

Werent you the optimistic one?! :lol:

I can't remember the last time we were this close to the festival and were so uncertainly poised for either complete sunshine glory or utter shit-storm disaster. It's a cliff hanger to be sure, and the forecasts keep flip flopping every few hours.

3 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

I can't remember the last time we were this close to the festival and were so uncertainly poised for either complete sunshine glory or utter shit-storm disaster. It's a cliff hanger to be sure, and the forecasts keep flip flopping every few hours.

Teaser only the strongest willed amongst us are "poised for sunshine glory".

8 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

I tried to break the habit of a lifetime - clearly I failed haha.

17 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

I think we're well beyond flip flops now. The only question is whether wellies will be needed rather than sturdy boots. Looks pretty certain to be muddier than 2014 from what Sawdust said earlier. Quite a bit of rain is yet to come and it's just not going to be sunny enough to dry things out significantly. Probably not floods, but almost certainly mud. 

Still, it might be pleasant enough overhead, that's still to play for.

47 minutes ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

Not enough crew showers.

Exhausted. 

As others have said, thank you for the update and for all the hard work.

I hope you've had something yummy to eat and get a good nights sleep.

1 hour ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

Not enough crew showers.

Exhausted. 

struth old son

thanks i know youll tell it as it is....weve got another front coming throgh prob sun/mon then might be ok but the winds gonna be comin from down south so hot humid which in the language of those weather people means THUNDER lol

stay safe old son ill catch you in a few days ..G