kaosmark2

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 21/01/2017 at 10:22 AM, Hugh Jass said:

I am indeed an Albion fan. £17m seems a lot for a striker who has only scored twice all season and I wonder if there's better out there for that money. That said TP wants him and I'm happy to trust his judgement on this one.

I'm just glad we've finally got shot of Sulky Saido. He's Stoke's problem now.

lol we were rumoured to be after Saido last season/. Was glad we didn't buy him.

TP is a good manager, if he thinks he can get the best out of Iggy then fair play to him.

Egg on WFC's face though - knocked back £30 odd million from United last Jan, £40 odd million from China over the summer and now thinking of flogging to you for £17m! 

I don't think so. It seems like we are big on renewing contracts this window instead of signing anyone. Apparently Lovren and Lallana are also going to be offered new deals. Lovren has been made a scapegoat a fair amount over the last year or 2 but this season he has looked solid, especially when alongside Matip. 

For me, keeping hold of Coutinho is more important than any signing we could have made this window.

1 hour ago, ThomThomDrum said:

Philippe Coutinho quickly signs new 5 year deal with the Pool. Must be off to Barca in the summer so..........

if that's what happens that's what happens, and the new contract ensure a top price for a player Liverpool picked up on the cheap. I doubt anyone would be crying.

Tho I've read a fair bit over the last year or so that says he's incredibly happy at Liverpool and has no interest in a 'big' move. Whether that's actually true, who knows.

Yep, I might be way off the mark but my perceptions of Liverpool at the moment is that most of the players look extremely happy including Coutinho. Klopp seems to exude such a postive attitude that he must be quite enjoyable to work with and he has also focussed on the concept of 'a team togetherness'' over individual stars throughout his managerial career.

I think he would make a great international coach in the future.

3 hours ago, eFestivals said:

if that's what happens that's what happens, and the new contract ensure a top price for a player Liverpool picked up on the cheap. I doubt anyone would be crying.

All contracts are now more for the club's benefit than the player's. if they want to go then they'll go, as you say the contract just enures a decent price.

Just now, The Nal said:

Screaming at his agent: "I meant 5 months not 5 years!!"

I wonder what odds you'd get now on Liverpool not making the top 4?

4 of their next 7 in the league - Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal and City. Oh dear.

You forget that they do better against 'the top teams'. The way they play football does suit it.

1 minute ago, mjsell said:

You forget that they do better against 'the top teams'. The way they play football does suit it.

They were always going to struggle in January wasn't they?

The way they play is all very well one game a week with limited squad numbers, play more than once a week is when they struggle. They don't have the squad to rotate a great deal, add to that missing matip and mane.

They will be flying again once Jan is out of the way, plus matip is back and mane won't be long.

Big question mark for next season though with league/champions league. 

11 minutes ago, The Nal said:

They will get top 4 easily, city and Utd are worse.

Be funny though if Utd win Europa, city win cl and Liverpool get 4th....

1 minute ago, thetime said:

They were always going to struggle in January wasn't they?

The way they play is all very well one game a week with limited squad numbers, play more than once a week is when they struggle. They don't have the squad to rotate a great deal, add to that missing matip and mane.

They will be flying again once Jan is out of the way, plus matip is back and mane won't be long.

Big question mark for next season though with league/champions league. 

Mane looks to be staying for the whole length of Afcon (which actually is only about 2 more weeks), Senegal have won every game (he even got rested in their last group game), any Ivory Coast or Algerian players will be back very soon though, with both knocked out at the group stage. I assume that means they will back for the next premier league games next Tuesday/Wednesday.

But yeah I agree with you regarding Liverpool. Definitely will improve after this christmas period.

1 hour ago, The Nal said:

I'll point out that Liverpool's form continues to be good against the 'top' teams, but iffy against others.

Before the season kicked off people like you were saying 'oh dear' about their initial run of games. How did that work out? :P

Don't think it's so much personnel at Liverpool, just the way they play.

Teams tend to play with DM to protect the defence, some play with 2 which what drives me mad. Utd do it a lot, even for home games against mid-lower able sides.

Fair play to Liverpool playing in a different style, more pleasing on the eye. Happily they won't win the league playing that way though.

5 minutes ago, thetime said:

Don't think it's so much personnel at Liverpool, just the way they play.

Teams tend to play with DM to protect the defence, some play with 2 which what drives me mad. Utd do it a lot, even for home games against mid-lower able sides.

Fair play to Liverpool playing in a different style, more pleasing on the eye. Happily they won't win the league playing that way though.

3 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Because of the way we play we need more decent personnel than what we have though. So we can rest players if we're playing Sun Wed Sat or sat thu sun.

Agree with both of you here. If they still had Mascherano they'd be serious contenders. Someone who loves covering a lot of ground and winning tackles.

On the bright side, that young right back looks a good prospect. Is he English?

29 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

He is. Currently plays for England U19. Born near Melwood.

Looks a player. Hopefully Klopp can bring him through. Weirdly, Liverpool have had quite a lot of good full backs come through in recent times (Flannigan, Gomez, Wisdom etc) but none of them made the grade.