kaosmark2

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, big__phil said:

Looks a player. Hopefully Klopp can bring him through. Weirdly, Liverpool have had quite a lot of good full backs come through in recent times (Flannigan, Gomez, Wisdom etc) but none of them made the grade.

Gomez spent over a year injured, and has only just got back to playing. I guess he featured last night, as I know he played recent cup games.

I think Klopp is going to give him a decent chance to prove himself as he gets properly fit again.

Edited by eFestivals

Great day of FA Cup football. Just a shame BT decided that Southampton Arsenal was a better option than Lincoln or Wycombe. 

Hoping Sutton give a good account of themselves tomorrow. 

Good news for Liverpool today... Senegal got knocked out by Cameroon. Possible Mane return midweek? 

Edited by mjsell

Well that was a painful trip to the Kassam.

Good football though, that El-Mahnni kid was the one bright spark for us, but great performance from the Oxford keeper, while a shocking one from Hanley and Sels (amongst others).

Interesting to see Toni Martinez make his debut. Seriously impressive, albeit at a lower standard. Surely West Ham could have used him?

2 hours ago, kaosmark2 said:

Well that was a painful trip to the Kassam.

Good football though, that El-Mahnni kid was the one bright spark for us, but great performance from the Oxford keeper, while a shocking one from Hanley and Sels (amongst others).

Interesting to see Toni Martinez make his debut. Seriously impressive, albeit at a lower standard. Surely West Ham could have used him?

Why would we need him? I mean, if Carroll was injury prone, Sakho went missing, and Zaza was toilet, maybe we could have had him on the bench. But that's not the case is it. 

Nice to see Martinez's goal was set up by another ex youth player of ours Rob Hall. Another to have a lot of promise that's been blighted by injuries. 

Edited by TheGayTent

The F.A. cup has been rendered almost meaningless by top teams generally putting out teams consisting mainly of 12 year olds who have never seen a football before bolstered by the experience provided by a couple of tea ladies. Still fans travel hundreds of miles and pay a king's ransom to watch players who frankly should be paying them to watch.

The clubs couldn't care less about their fans. 

I have no idea what should be done to sort this out.

10 minutes ago, LJS said:

The F.A. cup has been rendered almost meaningless by top teams generally putting out teams consisting mainly of 12 year olds who have never seen a football before bolstered by the experience provided by a couple of tea ladies. Still fans travel hundreds of miles and pay a king's ransom to watch players who frankly should be paying them to watch.

The clubs couldn't care less about their fans. 

I have no idea what should be done to sort this out.

Dunno why you're blaming top teams for doing it, most clubs do it.

16 minutes ago, mjsell said:

I think the biggest culprits are top half championship teams (which to be honest is understandable). Can't and won't ever get my head around mid table prem teams doing it for though. 

Although Lincoln are going for promotion in a league with only one automatic promotion space and they have taken it seriously.

11 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

WHU too, perhaps, without Payet.

It's perhaps passed me by, but there haven't been any significant buys from the 'top' clubs, have there?

There hasn't been no. And won't be I don't think.

WHU will be fine, 10th at the mo, 12 points off relegation. Hammer offering refunds for Payet shirts now. 

Transfer request or not, Sunderland selling one of their best players when they're bottom of the league is an odd one. :wacko:

1 minute ago, The Nal said:

There hasn't been no. And won't be I don't think.

Personally, if I were Klopp, I'd be going on a spending spree with the £40m he's supposedly got in his pocket.

Cos while I can't see them winning the league this year, I'd say they've got a massively greater chance of winning it this year than they're likely to have next year or the year after - as I can see all of City, Utd and Chelsea being stronger next season (if not others too), making it even harder to win then.

1 minute ago, The Nal said:

Transfer request or not, Sunderland selling one of their best players when they're bottom of the league is an odd one. :wacko:

I guess it depends why they've sold.

It might be that they're already getting themselves ready for life in Champs, or it might be that Moyes thinks he can get an upgrade to the team by selling matey on and buying someone else.

In the price range he'd be operating in there'll be plenty of players available, tho whether they're they're an upgrade or not is another thing.

5 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Personally, if I were Klopp, I'd be going on a spending spree with the £40m he's supposedly got in his pocket.

Cos while I can't see them winning the league this year, I'd say they've got a massively greater chance of winning it this year than they're likely to have next year or the year after - as I can see all of City, Utd and Chelsea being stronger next season (if not others too), making it even harder to win then.

It might be that they're already getting themselves ready for life in Champs, or it might be that Moyes thinks he can get an upgrade to the team by selling matey on and buying someone else.

In the price range he'd be operating in there'll be plenty of players available, tho whether they're they're an upgrade or not is another thing.

Agree yeah. They had (maybe have depending on tomorrow night) a great chance to win the league.

Liverpool and Klopp have (pleasantly :D) surprised me over the last few weeks. 2nd string side in a competition they had a chance of winning, needing a win anyway coming off two bad results and a shitty month. And not a hint of signing a player in January.

Pleasantly surprised me but if I were an LFC fan Id be pissed off. 

5 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Player wanted to leave and hasn't played well all season really. Another who only signed a new 5 year contract!!

Will be very odd if they don't get someone else in but who wants to go to a club destined for relegation?!

24 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Don't need to spend do they? After this week back to one game a week pretty much after this week. 

Which klopps Liverpool are very strong, they've perhaps been unfortunate in Chelsea have been in the same boat with no European football.

14 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Agree yeah. They had (maybe have depending on tomorrow night) a great chance to win the league.

Liverpool and Klopp have (pleasantly :D) surprised me over the last few weeks. 2nd string side in a competition they had a chance of winning, needing a win anyway coming off two bad results and a shitty month. And not a hint of signing a player in January.

Pleasantly surprised me but if I were an LFC fan Id be pissed off. 

have you seen that Mane arrived back in the UK yesterday?

Not sure if he'll play tomorrow of course, but it'll probably make a difference if he does.

6 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

have you seen that Mane arrived back in the UK yesterday?

Not sure if he'll play tomorrow of course, but it'll probably make a difference if he does.

Yeah. If a club is so reliant on a player who hasn't hit double figures yet, to the point that the season is over when he doesn't play its time to sign some players!

I don't think thats the case but some seem to. 

Hes only off a plane from Africa after sending a jet and him not being allowed on it, Firmino is in court for drinking driving on Wednesday. All a bit messy. 

Edited by The Nal

1 minute ago, thetime said:

Don't need to spend do they? After this week back to one game a week pretty much after this week. 

they don't need to, tho only regulation dog-fight teams need to.

They're too thin with their squad tho, which will need some serious filling out for Europe next season, so I'm a little surprised that some of that hasn't been started now.

Mind you, what they really need is some teeth up front, which probably means Sturridge or Origi being moved on, else they'll just end up with at least one of those wanting out anyway - and I can see why Klopp would be willing to keep faith with both of those for different reasons until at least the summer, cos any replacement isn't really likely to guarantee any better.

41 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

28 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Will be very odd if they don't get someone else in but who wants to go to a club destined for relegation?!

Bryan Oviedo is your man.