Worthy Warriors

matt2007

4 hours ago, Watergirl said:

I'll do anything they ask to respect the farm and the land, but not bringing wet wipes......?!

i was wondering about that too, saving grace of festival hygiene ..... understand don't put them in recycling and just the bins but don't bring them at all :blink: 

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone had an email with the full information through yet? If so, does it say how they are planning on organising it? 

I its undoubtedly a fantastic idea which I want to help with, however I don't want to apply only to be not able to help and waste anyone's time; E.G. due to not being on site early enough on Weds, or being asked to do it sometime on Friday AM when I'm trying (and failing) to recover from a night in the naughty corner.

From what info there is it doesn't seem like it will be timed - just that they will provide you with bin bags that you can then hand out to people camped near you to encourage them to clean up around their tents. More of an ongoing thing throughout the whole festival than at any particular time.

I think it's a great idea and have signed up.

4 minutes ago, Heartbreaker said:

@rwhitehouse13 Thanks for the info, I figured that was the case I just wanted to check, I'm all signed up now.

Each time I go for a wander with some recycling bags, I shall begin with a rousing call out to all the other volunteers within earshot: "Warriors!!! Come out to Plaaaaaaayyyyyy!!!"

Without the chinking glass bottles i assume! 

Edited by Glastobuddy

I really hate litter and I know there are thousands of bins on site. Folk do seem to try to put rubbish in the bins but they fill up very quickly and spew all over the ground. A terrible sight and does this put off people bothering?

I think it was mentioned last year that the bins couldn't be emptied more often because of the folk around so have more??

Bins are placed at the sides of the paths presumably to aid emptying but at the food stalls bins could be placed at the stalls for the rubbish. Some folk don't seem to want to walk the few feet to the bins!!

I tried to register but it kept coming up with a message that only over 18s were able to volunteer - despite the age that I entered showing that I was well past that sell by date.

4 hours ago, grumpyhack said:

I tried to register but it kept coming up with a message that only over 18s were able to volunteer - despite the age that I entered showing that I was well past that sell by date.

I saw that too - it was on the initial page you filled in, I still received an email confirmation link - did you get that? 

On ‎09‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 1:32 PM, Watergirl said:

Thanks for this. I guess an altenative is to keep them in a plastic bag and take them away when I leave. I don't use them for going to the toilet, only for general "washing" and mopping up stuff while pottering around in the tent, so no harm having them sitting around in a bag.

Those Naty ones are available in Waitrose (and I suspect other less poncey shops I don't go to)

2 minutes ago, clarkete said:

Those Naty ones are available in Waitrose (and I suspect other less poncey shops I don't go to)

Thanks, however I already bought Nivea wipes, so that's what I'll use. Will put them in non-recyclable rubbish.