The stone roses

weeksy97

15 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

If anyone is hunting for a straw.

I'm definitely not straw clutching as I'm not going to be there next year and I'd f'ing love to see The Roses at Glasto. But I reckon her wording is very deliberate. The Roses love to have their own their own guerrilla style announcements and I reckon they'd be pretty insistent that any rumours be quashed.

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, ltfckimbo said:

I'm definitely not straw clutching as I'm not going to be there next year and I'd f'ing love to see The Roses at Glasto. But I reckon her wording is very deliberate. The Roses love to have their own their own guerrilla style announcements and I reckon they'd be pretty insistent that any rumours be quashed.

Its not for the Stone Roses to quash the rumours.  Emily was asked about them playing and she answered that they were not.

So either they have never been in the picture or negation's broker down.

I believe the former by looking at the scheduling of their dates  , the stadium dates did not fit with a Glastonbury appearance.

19 minutes ago, ivan said:

Its not for the Stone Roses to quash the rumours.  Emily was asked about them playing and she answered that they were not.

So either they have never been in the picture or negation's broker down.

I believe the former by looking at the scheduling of their dates  , the stadium dates did not fit with a Glastonbury appearance.

They've always been in the picture since they reformed from what I can tell. Michael has said in interviews before he wants them

Not saying my source is gospel but I trust where it comes from and as far as I know an offer was on the table but they've taken a bigger one. Wouldn't be surprised if they've been approach within the last few years as well

Really was this year or never for them though in my opinion

45 minutes ago, mufcok said:

They've always been in the picture since they reformed from what I can tell. Michael has said in interviews before he wants them

Not saying my source is gospel but I trust where it comes from and as far as I know an offer was on the table but they've taken a bigger one. Wouldn't be surprised if they've been approach within the last few years as well

Really was this year or never for them though in my opinion

When the Glasgow  date was announced that was the nail in the coffin.

If you are considering an offer from Mr Eavis   you don't book a gig in Glasgow for the Glastonbury Saturday !

Edited by ivan

15 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

That one took me a while, but I will doff my cap to that. I'm guessing @fatyeti24 was employed as a stooge to set you up though. 

Strictly speaking boolean logic and using binary are orthogonal concepts.  As we used to say in the office when I worked with actual people.

56 minutes ago, mufcok said:

Why not? It's not hard to travel down. There's been plenty of other bands that have done back to back gigs with a lot bigger distances than that. Pretty sure The Libertines had a gig in Russia the day after Glastonbury the other year didn't they?

The Libertines filled in when Florence got bumped up and they took a private jet to Russia. It was very last minute tho by all accounts.

If the Roses had been considering a slot at Glastonbury I cannot seem em booking a stadium gig either side of it.

Yes plenty of bands play two nights in two different locations , but you don't go looking for trouble when you are a headliner.

A headliner in an arena can be soundchecking etc upto around 5.00 pm , at a festival you do not get that luxury .  That's why I have seen headline acts sound check etc in the early hours .  If Stone Roses played Glasgow the night before and finished at 11.00 pm they are pushing it to get to deepest Somerset before early next morning and would struggle to set up at Glasto and get it all checked and ran through before the stage started to come to life.

I guess they only reason they looked inevitable was the fact they announced stadium gigs at the same time and everybody assumed they may as well take the money from Glastonbury while they were at it. I'm as frustrated with them as I am with Fleetwood Mac who have repeatedly taken the extra cash over anything else. There is nothing like seeing one of your favourite bands at Glastonbury and unfortunately after arriving to the party relatively late I've already missed a good few of them and there aren't that many left. Maybe I'm naive, as a normal run of the mill sort of person but it always makes me wonder how much money an individual can actually need and why bands like TSR and Fleetwood Mac always look for the biggest payout even they don't actually need the extra money and you'd assume as a musician they may want to actually enjoy what they do at the same time, rather than just be at the place that pays them most.

18 minutes ago, White Bear said:

The big man seen in B&Q stocking up on paint brushes.

He's now on his way to Glastonbury to paint a big lemon on the pyramid fields

IMG_1412.JPG

5 minutes after this photo was taken he went back in and returned all the stuff he'd just bought because he got a better offer from Homebase :ninja:

1 hour ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

I guess they only reason they looked inevitable was the fact they announced stadium gigs at the same time and everybody assumed they may as well take the money from Glastonbury while they were at it. I'm as frustrated with them as I am with Fleetwood Mac who have repeatedly taken the extra cash over anything else. There is nothing like seeing one of your favourite bands at Glastonbury and unfortunately after arriving to the party relatively late I've already missed a good few of them and there aren't that many left. Maybe I'm naive, as a normal run of the mill sort of person but it always makes me wonder how much money an individual can actually need and why bands like TSR and Fleetwood Mac always look for the biggest payout even they don't actually need the extra money and you'd assume as a musician they may want to actually enjoy what they do at the same time, rather than just be at the place that pays them most.

When you are on stage there's probably not a lot of difference between playing in front of a Glastonbury crowd or an isle of wight crowd. So why not take £1m over £500k. These people aren't Glastonbury fanatics like us

Edited by russycarps