No screens for the Euros

djcolsen

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, srb said:

No screens I accept, but where would nearest off-site pub be for Ireland v Italy on Weds? Off Site For The Boys In Green!

Apparently the manager of the Bread & Roses bar is Irish and likes his football. I'd swing by there first to see whether he has any plans...

4 minutes ago, JanieM28 said:

Apparently the manager of the Bread & Roses bar is Irish and likes his football. I'd swing by there first to see whether he has any plans...

Excellent stuff thanks a million, will stick head in there on Weds then 

10 hours ago, waterfalls212434 said:

Im going for a welsh win after seeing roys negative brand of tactics the other night......

What he set out with was the most positive I've seen him use since germany. The subs and consequent chages in role and formation were negative id agree. But I feel like england will want to do wales properly, none of this 1-0 hold tight shite, bale is too deadly to do that. we need a 2 goal cusion and that will require positive moves.   

2 hours ago, gerardfenton18 said:

We could do with a few of these lads at Glastonbury, they'd keep the place looking tip top. 

thats brilliant, isnt everyone happier when people act like people instead of trashing someone else's town and putting people in hospital. 

Have you seen the video of the welsh guy kicking 7 shades out of a group of swedes? shocking

I was listening to Collin Murray on talk sport this morning and he was saying about going to a neil young gig last night, something happened to Neil young guitar at one point and it needed some attention and the gig fell silence for a few second. Only to for the silence to be broken but a thick Belfast accent at the back singing "Will Griggs on fire" and a few hundred joined in. 

33 minutes ago, bennyboi said:

I was listening to Collin Murray on talk sport this morning and he was saying about going to a neil young gig last night, something happened to Neil young guitar at one point and it needed some attention and the gig fell silence for a few second. Only to for the silence to be broken but a thick Belfast accent at the back singing "Will Griggs on fire" and a few hundred joined in. 

I expect there will be plenty of that next week, I'll certainly be joining in! 

Just now, JamieKThomas said:

I expect there will be plenty of that next week, I'll certainly be joining in! 

I dont know of a chant in recent years that have taken on so well. I've not heard anything shouted out or sung on site since "butt scratcher" 

If he comes on at some point and scores i'll be singing it! 

17 minutes ago, Wow-wys-buzzing said:

On the same topic and it is a long shot.. 

Will there anywhere to watch the Australia v England rugby match on saturday morning??? 

Was wondering about this as well but not holding my breath.  Hoping the series is tired up this saturday :)

1 hour ago, bennyboi said:

What he set out with was the most positive I've seen him use since germany. The subs and consequent chages in role and formation were negative id agree. But I feel like england will want to do wales properly, none of this 1-0 hold tight shite, bale is too deadly to do that. we need a 2 goal cusion and that will require positive moves.   

thats what I meant, when he should of brought on vardey and put the russians under pressure, finished them off....he brought on....milner....lol

1 minute ago, waterfalls212434 said:

thats what I meant, when he should of brought on vardey and put the russians under pressure, finished them off....he brought on....milner....lol

Fair enough, overall it was good though. And I'm aware the hodgson is a bit of a boring old fasion manager but recently he looks like he learns from mistakes instead of just sticking to the same set up. i hope we start with the same team, Kane has it switched on and sterling has more joy agaist a slower full back (that russian lad could match him for pace).

Might be the first time since 1998 that I've been delighted and proud with the result and the performance of an England tournament game! 

And after watching Germany, I'm still convinced there are no standout teams in the tournament. I doubt we'll get close to winning, but I'm definitely not afraid of anyone.