Jacket Potatoes @ Glastonbury

drchickenburger

53 minutes ago, Festival Liam said:

Actually 15 mins in the microwave just to heat it through, then 30 mins in the oven on quite high is an amazing compromise between speed but a lovely oiled crispy skin. 

I have a combination microwave/oven it has can cook baked potatoes with a perfectly crispy skin in 20 minutes at the touch of button, so do excuse me if I look a little smug.

but wtf would anyone east a jacket potato at Glastonbury with all the other food that's available. 

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, paddyclark said:

I hope you all eat the skins... The best bit if cooked properly....

Also the best mashed potato is made by using jacket spuds.....

Jacket spuds, butter and mash into spud then cover with cheese, cheesy mash in a jacket. The only way!

1 hour ago, Purple aki squat said:

This is usually the only warm food I eat all weekend, really good it is apart from trying to nail it down with a shitty fork whilst shitfaced

I always carry a small metal knife, fork and spoon around with me for such occasions.  I get really peeved off if a food stall just gives you a rubbish fork when what you also really need is a knife.

So many different culinary delights available on one site, and you people are eating jacket spuds? With baked bloody beans? That's shameful. It's disappointing enough for dinner after work, let alone in a field when you're ravenous after raving and walking everywhere. They're just so bloody bland. Cobblers. No chance will I have my palate sullied by such pointless disappointment! 

16 hours ago, Beerqueen said:

I think I'd rather have almost anything else to eat at Glastonbury than a jacket potato!  So boring and difficult to eat standing up holding it.

I was thinking the very same, "I'm peckish, I fancy one of those big burritos we saw earlier" "nah mate, jacket with beans & cheese"  

i don't even eat them at home because they are boring as hell. If I removed the jacket potato from my diet completely, regardless of filling, I wouldn't be bothered.  

15 hours ago, grumpyhack said:

I always carry a small metal knife, fork and spoon around with me for such occasions.  I get really peeved off if a food stall just gives you a rubbish fork when what you also really need is a knife.

9 hours ago, bennyboi said:

I was thinking the very same, "I'm peckish, I fancy one of those big burritos we saw earlier" "nah mate, jacket with beans & cheese"  

i don't even eat them at home because they are boring as hell. If I removed the jacket potato from my diet completely, regardless of filling, I wouldn't be bothered.  

I don't mind them occasionally.  Sometimes I'll have one from the lunch kiosk at work but only because there isn't that much choice - and they have ok fillings.  But beans and cheese?  Whichever way round you want to put it on, it's the most boring filling on a boring potato!  

There are curries (all sorts), jerk chicken, burritos, Mediterranean, Moroccan........ safe to say, I won't be buying a potato!

12 hours ago, balti-pie said:

So many different culinary delights available on one site, and you people are eating jacket spuds? With baked bloody beans? That's shameful. It's disappointing enough for dinner after work, let alone in a field when you're ravenous after raving and walking everywhere. They're just so bloody bland. Cobblers. No chance will I have my palate sullied by such pointless disappointment! 

I'm not planning to eat a jacket potato at Glastonbury, nor have I in previous years - merely stating what toppings in which order.

i do agree, there is such a wide choice available, this would be last on my list (apart from large lumps of meat, like steak or burgers, which I cannot face).