Lineup 2018

Meh the truth is that no one going to R&L these days gives a fuck about Editors or Friendly Fires. For some reason they do seem to still give a fuck about The Wombats and The Kooks which is why they're booked. Acts like these two and The Vaccines returning every couple of years in similar slots is pretty naff but replacing them which acts like Editors just wouldn't be good for the festival. If they were to be replaced then it'd be acts like The Hunna replacing them, or more hip-hop acts or whatever, which they obviously already have a lot of.

3 hours ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Also considering the fast turnaround of the R&L crowd, most won't care that The Vaccines / The Wombats played two years ago because they won't have been there.

I think this is a very valid point. Most just go for two years during 6th form then bugger off to festivals where in the evening all there isn't to do is riot or bumble around. Or don't bother at all.

2 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

Not a massive thing but a guy I’ve been talking to is adamant he knows someone in the know and insists that Lower Than Atlantis and The Faim are playing. 

I can definitely see Lower Than Atlantis playing just before Sum 41, however that would mean they're playing an identical slot to what they did in 2016.

3 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

Not a massive thing but a guy I’ve been talking to is adamant he knows someone in the know and insists that Lower Than Atlantis and The Faim are playing. 

Only place I see for LTA is 3rd down NME on the Friday. Played main stage last time out in 2016 and all the Pit/Lock Up headliners seem to be there once The Cribs are added to the poster.

13 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

Well, they’re both playing in Reading on May 4th. I presume that’s not what he means 

22 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Why have they modified the poster to drop Slaves (and the acts below them) down a line?

R_L_2018_2nd_Ann_web_poster_Line_Up_appr

When I was looking at the poster earlier to see where LTA could fit I was so confused by how the acts are laid out. Why aren't Shame and Billy Talent after Krept x Konan on the line above? Same with the second line of Sunday NME (although as you say those acts have randomly been moved to that second line)? Presumably it isn't because the unannounced acts are gonna fill this space because I don't see Billy Talent or Don Broco moving down at all.

Only thing I could possibly think of was to separate them into selections of acts that maybe appeal to the same crowd, but then that only really works for Sunday main anyway, and it's a stupid idea, too.

Proper weirdo must have designed this poster honestly.

48 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

He’s right though. Neither band are big enough to sub that stage, so you just end up with one band still higher than necessary but now one clashing with Panic as well.

True, but neither were Twin Atlantic when they did it in 2015. 

4 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

So why now do they need to 'prevent Deaf Havana from subbing'? :P

Because Deaf Havana are surely an even weaker sub than Twin Atlantic? Or am I underestimating them? 

Feel like I've been underestimating them a lot as in my predictions they were always about 6th/5th NME.