Lineup 2018

4 minutes ago, Samjones said:

Well it would appear royal blood aren’t doing any UK fests this year, unless they’re the final trnsmt headliner that is

Yeah certainly seems like that's the case. At this point I'd find it more confusing if they are doing TRNSMT because it would suggest that they were an option for R&L.

12 hours ago, TheWaters said:

Yeah they were ace mate. Great atmosphere in the the venue which deffo contributed. The supports were great too, Bad Nerves are proper class and Ivory Wave weren't amazing but it got so mad they've banned from the venue hahah. 

But yeah High Tyde were really good and I could easily see an early Radio 1 Stage or high up FR slot.

Was at the same gig! High Tyde were quality as per, and generated a mental atmosphere. Really hope they’re in the third announcement- would love to see them play R&L.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Aech said:

There's always at least one out of place metal band on main stage tho

Meh, last year they had Korn and Architects who have much more of an audience here. I wouldn't be surprised if there's one, but I expect it to be someone like OMAM (not them specifically).

9 hours ago, R Shah said:

Saw imagine dragons in london tonight and ngl although their music is average the singers voice is so bloody powerful and they actually know how to put on a show sort of. Theyd have been a much less worse booking than FOB or Panic.

I'd still take either of them over ID any day, most of Fall Out Boy's older stuff is decent and Panic! aren't bad in general to be fair, I've actually been enjoying their last album quite a lot recently. Whereas ID are just pretty dull all round imo.

Edited by UndergroundSound
ID not IG :p

17 minutes ago, UndergroundSound said:

I'd still take either of them over IG any day, most of Fall Out Boy's older stuff is decent and Panic! aren't bad in general to be fair, I've actually been enjoying their last album quite a lot recently. Whereas IG are just pretty dull all round imo.

Imagine Gragons?

Edited by Mattymooz
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

Mastodon only just played. Converge instead thankyouuuuuu.

They've only been announced for one festival in Europe in August as well :ninja:

I'd like to see them on main or NME on Kendrick day but I don't see it happening (well it'd be a bit shit for them, just don't want a clash with Kendrick). Reckon they'll sub the Pit on one of the days instead. 

Edited by justanothername

4 hours ago, throstle said:

Was at the same gig! High Tyde were quality as per, and generated a mental atmosphere. Really hope they’re in the third announcement- would love to see them play R&L.

Haha I probably talked to you then mate,  vividly remember being a bit of a state putting my arms around people and singing hahah.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

14 minutes ago, KingPin said:

So Paramore are around and they didn't get booked, but FOB did? Fucking well played RnL dumbasses.

I find it really really bizarre that Paramore weren't booked now. They can no longer say 'they weren't around' so there's really no excuse. 

I'm unsure of the numbers but I know I'd rather listen to After Laughter over Mania a thousand times over despite not being a huge fan of the album. Feel like the majority would prefer Paramore and would even give R+L their first female fronted headliner since 2014 which, if they're supposedly jumping on the equality aspect of the festival they should have been an obvious booking, right? 

Edited by MIchael_scarn

11 minutes ago, KingPin said:

So Paramore are around and they didn't get booked, but FOB did? Fucking well played RnL dumbasses.

Eh, just checked their tour dates and they're playing in the Philippines on Thursday 23rd (albeit a rescheduled date). If anything that suggests that they wouldn't have been available to book for R&L because they'll likely be in Asia that weekend. Unless I'm missing something and you're referring to some other gig.

21 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Eh, just checked their tour dates and they're playing in the Philippines on Thursday 23rd (albeit a rescheduled date). If anything that suggests that they wouldn't have been available to book for R&L because they'll likely be in Asia that weekend. Unless I'm missing something and you're referring to some other gig.

That Summer Sonic poster, I think? Maybe peeps don’t realise it’s in Japan.

7 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

That Summer Sonic poster, I think? Maybe peeps don’t realise it’s in Japan.

I think it's because Summer Sonic (albeit the other side of the world) shows they're around late summer so people assume they couldve been pickings for R&L now

2 minutes ago, MIchael_scarn said:

Think I got my posters mixed up. Makes sense not booking them if they're the other side of the world at the time. 

Kasabian did summer sonic and r+l in 2017 - paramores show on the 23rd august was meant to happen last week this is just the rescheduled date so they would have been free for reading surely.