Festival toilets

pinkmolly226

Just now, crocodiles said:

As a bloke who remembers a lot of old football grounds and music venues can cope with the lack of cleanliness etc what I'm worried about it at my age ;) is the need to go quickly andfand frequently that's what really worries me 

I'm with you @crocodiles I have to know where the loos are at all times because, since the menopause crap arrived, I need access quickly and easily. I feel for parents who have a young child who is out of nappies who suddenly announces they need to go 'immediately'!

These things need to be thought through!

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest I've never really encountered a really horrible one, but then I'm comparing to some horrors. When you've had to go in a hole in the floor of a shed in the middle of a developing country shared with a hundred or so spiders and a stench of actual death, nothing in a few long drops used over a few days in Somerset really bothers you anymore!!! 

so long as you have tissues, antibacterial gel and you don't hang about in there for a long time it's bearable! 

Saying that though I totally admit I avoid certain ones (the ones near shangri la, pyramid etc) 

You should dry and avoiding hovering if at all possible - it's very bad for your bladder! They have filtered out the use of portaloos now which makes the whole ordeal a lot easier as a warm portaloo that flushes with what's already in there is grim!

The compost  toilets are the best! Long drops aren't so bad. If you encounter a horrible one simply try another. But if you're desperate enough or drunk enough chances are you wont care too much about quickly wiping the seat!

4 minutes ago, bekimo said:

To be honest I've never really encountered a really horrible one, but then I'm comparing to some horrors. When you've had to go in a hole in the floor of a shed in the middle of a developing country shared with a hundred or so spiders and a stench of actual death, nothing in a few long drops used over a few days in Somerset really bothers you anymore!!! 

so long as you have tissues, antibacterial gel and you don't hang about in there for a long time it's bearable! 

Saying that though I totally admit I avoid certain ones (the ones near shangri la, pyramid etc) 

As if the toilets weren't bad enough, throw a few spiders in. You're a brave girl! Xx

2 minutes ago, Chaaaris123 said:

You should dry and avoiding hovering if at all possible - it's very bad for your bladder! They have filtered out the use of portaloos now which makes the whole ordeal a lot easier as a warm portaloo that flushes with what's already in there is grim!

The compost  toilets are the best! Long drops aren't so bad. If you encounter a horrible one simply try another. But if you're desperate enough or drunk enough chances are you wont care too much about quickly wiping the seat!

Yeah they've got to be the best of a bad bunch. I'm just thinking about waking up feeling a bit rough and having to face the toilets. Only thing for it.......keep the alcohol levels up! Xx

Compost loos are best but long drops are ok if you get them after cleaning. Just wipe seat and sit. And timing- eg if you are desperate don't wait til the end of a set - go before the rush! For the post menopausal women I recommend Lady Tena pads in case of queues and Travel Johns for in tent facilities in middle of night! And whatever you do don't stand on the toilets and squat- why on earth some people do this and leave such a mess is beyond me!

6 minutes ago, pinkmolly226 said:

As if the toilets weren't bad enough, throw a few spiders in. You're a brave girl! Xx

When you gotta go, you gotta go!

My friend actually ran screaming from the shed refusing to go in there and then nearly peed herself on the shaky jeepride back to the campsite!  

Urinals and she-pees for no.1's....no need to sit at all for a wee.

Composters every time for no.2's......pack of antibac wet wipes, toilet roll and hand sanitiser always in the day bag....no smell, no squat.

Get your 2's out if the way before dark if you can to be extra sure.

I'm shewee or compost loos all the way. Took my then 8 year old in 2013 and being a bit anxious about the loos, held it in till Friday morning until he was desperate and the nearest loos were the long drops at the railway line end of Pennards. I had to wrap a scarf round my head and wet wipe a long drops seat (retching...) the worst part was having to look... I then had to virtually force him to sit on it and hold the scruff of his hoody to stop him falling in...

after that he always went in the composts!

7 minutes ago, pinkmolly226 said:

Yeah they've got to be the best of a bad bunch. I'm just thinking about waking up feeling a bit rough and having to face the toilets. Only thing for it.......keep the alcohol levels up! Xx

They definitely are! To be honest, first thing in the morning I'm never very with it so I don't really register the state of the toilets!

They're normally cleaned early hours though so chances are they will be a bit more fresh for you! :D

Some longdrops are quieter and so less manky than others and I head for any that I've seen a woman exit without retching. "That one's not bad" is like the Glasto "good morning". :D   If I've just cleaned it so I could sit down, I make sure to pass it to another woman after me (sorry guys).  I have a Whiz (shepee thing) on me for evening when it's dark so I don't even have to care about the state of the cubicle.  Point and shoot.  

Simple procedure:

1. Try several toilets until you find one with nothing solid/nasty or excessive liquid on the seat

2. Wipe the seat

3. Do your business

4. Wipe the seat

5. Leave

Even if there was a tiny bit of liquid on the seat - what does it matter? You don't eat your dinner off your arse. Just forget about it and get on with having a good time. 

13 minutes ago, Jamie D said:

Simple procedure:

1. Try several toilets until you find one with nothing solid/nasty or excessive liquid on the seat

2. Wipe the seat

3. Do your business

4. Wipe the seat

5. Leave

Even if there was a tiny bit of liquid on the seat - what does it matter? You don't eat your dinner off your arse. Just forget about it and get on with having a good time. 

Said liquid is likely to be someone else's piss though, I really don't want it on my bum. 
Charm x

21 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

If it's the smell try on of these three methods:

1) eat a mint before entering and breathe through your mouth

2) put vicks vapour rub under your nose (drastic but works)

3) take a small spray can of deodorant like Impulse - hold breathe, spray , breathe

I used to follow no.3 everytime when it was a portaloo as was saving grace...

These days just wipe the seat and get on with it but wouldn't clean s**t up though would just go to another...composit loos are the best though

Please do not put your feet anywhere near the seat,  this type of squatting really passes me off..  Not only do we need to deal with your stinking mess your feet leave behind,  but you then proceed to piss everywhere..